No working is getting done on Iwaku now and it's Brovo's fault.

Brovo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm legitimately having trouble telling if you even recognized it as a joke, or if you legitimately think I was being serious... o.O

Gwazi, you clearly misunderstood my last post, based on your rating. Allow me to go a couple levels deeper to make it clear.

Wasn't aware it had multiplayer though...

WE MUST TRY THIS OUT MY FELLOW IWAKUIANS!!!
hMYlv5H.gif

Wasn't aware it had multiplayer though...
wY934Af.gif

multiplayer
8DRXaEP.gif

Get it now? :P

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Gwazi, you clearly misunderstood my last post, based on your rating. Allow me to go a couple levels deeper to make it clear.

hMYlv5H.gif

wY934Af.gif

8DRXaEP.gif

Get it now? :P
*Double checks earlier*

Oh, in the chaos going on in Teamspeak I seemed to have mis-read this horribly. :/

I'll probably end up joining you in not doing anything productive because of that ferret-faced bastard. :D
Derp. :/

Do you just choose to take him as seriously as possible or something?
It's a terrible comparison, and yes, I admit, I have a hard time telling when Gwazi is being serious and when Gwazi is making humour. There aren't really any "tells", and I'm kind of used to him taking basically everything seriously. I mean, he rated one of my posts "wtf did I just read", then made comparisons to a site I specifically fled from with dozens of others.

It invoked Poe's Law so hard that I just went with the decision to simply take it seriously and let the dice roll.

I also make no secret of my dislike of Gwazi in general. Mainly because I think he's a mature enough adult to understand that some people won't like him: I'm one of them. :ferret:

There aren't really any "tells",
Excessive use of Caps is one way to tell.
If I'm actually trying to address something as serious I'm going to bold, italicize or underline it.

I conciously avoid Caps for serious stuff because it just comes across as "WAAAAGH! RAGE!!!".
Which destroys the purpose for anything serious, but compliments silliness perfectly well.
and I'm kind of used to him taking basically everything seriously.
Your head is honestly stuck back in Spam/Off Topic then. :P
I've walked away from getting into serious debate stuff since the Guild.
That shit is way too exhausting, tiresome and conflict prone.
I mean, he rated one of my posts "wtf did I just read", then made comparisons to a site I specifically fled from with dozens of others.
Being honest, I was more just looking for an excuse to use that because of the whole "OMG BROVO RUINED IWAKU" silliness. :P
It invoked Poe's Law so hard that I just went with the decision to simply take it seriously and let the dice roll.
Yea I grant you that one.
The Internet has blurred the line between seriousness and humor a ton.
I also make no secret of my dislike of Gwazi in general. Mainly because I think he's a mature enough adult to understand that some people won't like him: I'm one of them. :ferret:
There's a difference though between being honest of a disliking, and consciously miss-interpreting things over said disliking.
Now, granted Poes Law, I do get that. But at the same time then that's simply Poe's law, if you're going to hide behind "I don't like him" as your reasoning, that implies legitimate/conscious bias.

#1: We have more than one admin here. Like Vay.

#2: This isn't the Guild.

#3: Diana is regularly here. Honestly. Consistently. Even when she gets obsessed with other games.

#4: This isn't the Guild.

#5: Seriously this isn't the Guild.

I figured this out when one of my friends was being harassed by a stalker and Diana jumped right on that and took care of it the very same day. Thus why I shared in my Banished musings: Because I know she likes city/people sims, and @Diana helped someone I care about deeply with a stalker problem. This is called "friendship" Gwazi, sharing in things people enjoy. It's not like Diana is leaving forever, she's just gonna be absorbed by Banished for a couple days (possibly a week or two) and be back soon. :ferret:

So, you can stop with the alarmist, nonsensical comparisons now. To a site that myself and many others here haven't been part for for several months, Gwazi. Because if this place was anything like the Guild, I'd have long since left by now.

...Am I the only one who knew that Gwazi wasn't seriously trying to imply that Diana would just up and vanish completely?

Like... shooosh, Brovo, it'll all be ok... no need to jump down anyone's throat... o_o

I've walked away from getting into serious debate stuff since the Guild.
That shit is way too exhausting, tiresome and conflict prone.

Yeah, I can attest to this.

Gwazi's pretty much always joking by default now.

Well I mean I guess not always but... he makes jokes out of a lot of things. He doesn't take everything super seriously/personally anymore.

And, I mean, I know you don't like him, Brovo, but like... I dunno. I feel like it's possible to dislike someone and not get needlessly vicious with them at every opportunity. :/ [/my two cents]

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
and consciously miss-interpreting things over said disliking.
iWKad22.jpg

if you're going to hide behind "I don't like him" as your reasoning, that implies legitimate/conscious bias.
Yes, but not when they turn Diana into Mahz and Iwaku into the Guild. :P
Gwazi, this is why I don't like you. "Consciously miss-interpreting things" is a nice way of saying lying. If I were basing my reasoning on "I don't like him", why would I point out Poe's Law first and foremost as the basis of my point? You make an accusation that my head is stuck "back in Spam/OT", but you were the one who brought it up first.

I admitted disliking you specifically because I felt others might want to know why I tend not to like you. If I really wanted to form the basis of my reasoning on disliking someone, I wouldn't admit that publicly: It would just hurt me.

Anyway, I've made my point. I misinterpreted your post because of Poe's Law, and because of previous interactions we've had. I'm genuinely surprised others feel the need to intervene to testify to your character, when I was making no accusation of your character, in this thread, in the first place. The greatest extent I made towards such an end was to ask that you stop making nonsensical comparisons, because, and I will repeat this one more time: I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not. "I know Gwazi" doesn't help me because I don't know Gwazi. :ferret:

I apologize for the harsh tone. I'm not sure what else I can feasibly apologize for.

Wait, Banished got multiplayer?

I just really want that ARK game cause all my friends are having a blast. Someone wanna buy it for me? I'll pay you back on Thursday! C:
I'll buy you that if you like. Just hit me up on Steam. :ferret:

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
  • Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
I'll buy you that if you like. Just hit me up on Steam. :ferret:
That's hella sweet of you.

My stingy as fuck friend is getting it for me right now in exchange for a lower phone bill next month.

But you can add me on steam anyway! SteamID: kiarrn

What is so great about that game?

(PS: Hates Sims-like games sooo....)

That's hella sweet of you.

My stingy as fuck friend is getting it for me right now in exchange for a lower phone bill next month.

But you can add me on steam anyway! SteamID: kiarrn
A'ight bruh. Sounds like a plan. :ferret:

By sim standards it's pretty much the only colonial-era themed one. It's focused on family units and the seasons, and how those can totally and utterly screw up your plans. Like you have to start farming in the spring, but farming is usually a manpower-intensive task if you want to make enough food to feed everyone, slowing down the development of everything else. :ferret:

EDIT

@Rain of the Night Also, yes, I'm gonna get on that LoR stuff today. Dinner first though.

Banished?

It's nothing like the sims. Closer to sim city of other small city simulators.

It was made by one guy, a labor of love. It's pretty, relaxing, comfy, and fairly easy to get into. It's not stupidly complex or anything.

*Looks at everything*...*Chooses to not address anything but the opening post*

Have fun Diana ^_^ That game sounds like fun.

Reactions: Brovo
You'll also learn to hate old people in Banished.
Cause they'll be too old to work, but then hog all the food in their own homes while also keeping a whole house to themselves.

Meaning all your working people are both freezing and starving.

Status
Not open for further replies.