No Girls Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atom

Original poster
[ Rp with @starrysky ]

Remember, we'll be back by Monday, okay?

"Yeah, Yeah! I'll be fine on my own, you guys treat me like I'm ten!" Teague waved off his parents from the front door eagerly. His father had a business trip to attend and he was taking his mom along with him. When he wasn't busy with work, the two would enjoy the trip. It was included from the company so she might as well go too.
This whole weekend Teague was going to have the entire house to himself...

His parents doubted his ability to be responsible and figured he was going to throw some huge party just like a teenage protagonist in a cliche romance novel. He only scoffed at the thought. There was no cheer captain to fall in love with him nor a lifetime of popularity.

Only his few friends.

Teague slammed the door after his parents took off in the airport taxi, locking it and proceeding to pull out his phone from his pocket. Glancing at the texts from his two friends who confirmed they'd be there, he hummed happily, off to prepare some small things.

-

It was about 3:30pm now, at least one of the two would be arriving soon....
Impatiently, Teague sat in his comically perfect living room, waiting for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pale white snow lightly filtered through the afternoon sunlight, leaving a thin layer upon the early winter's grass. Elliot gazed out of the large bay windows in the living room as he buttoned up his short beige trench coat, admiring the intricate snowflakes as they fell onto the glass pane. He was eager to finally spend the weekend away from home, especially with his friends.

"I'm leaving now." Elliot waved over to his mom, whom was seated comfortably and reading an odd book on their tacky vintage sofa. His mom said not a word in return, she just gave him a glance and a smile. Ruffling his short dirty blonde loosely curled hair in the front door window's reflection and grabbing his grey backpack, he was off. Elliot closed and locked the front door, taking note of the cold metal doorknob beneath his hand, and took a deep breath in the frigid winter air. He had a good feeling about this weekend. Until..

Vroom~!

"Oh shit." He missed the bus.

-

After what had seemed like a millennium, he was on his way to Teague's place. Elliot sat himself in the front of the bus, and from his backpack, took out his Astronomy Facts! VOL. 1 book and read as he patiently waited for his stop. These volumes were his favorite to read, as they reminded him of his real home, wherever that is in the giant expanse of the universe. A single blue sticky note bookmark stuck out of the top, which led to page 153, a small informational page about the constellation Orion. "Yess.. looks like it can be seen in the southwest sky now, in the winter..!" He quietly whispered to himself. Though, as much as he wishes he could sit here reading forever, it was time to get off the bus..

Elliot grabbed his bag and thanked the bus driver, and walked towards Teague's house. He always was envious of how pretty this community was, with grand houses seemingly costing a fortune, and winding down fairy-tale like streets. It was funny to think that someone like Teague could live here.

"Hey!! Bro! It's me Elliot~" The boy yelled, knocking on the door.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Teague was near falling asleep on the couch which he wasn't supposed to do, this furniture was for show, as him mom would say from watching the snowflakes fall out his backyard window. Just as the knocking echoed from the front of the house, his hazel eyes flew open in excitement, jumping up to answer. He gripped the door handle and tugged it open at an obnoxious pace, striking a dramatic pose.

"Oh how I've been waiting~~!"

Teague then snickered and returned to normal, signalling Elliot to come in. He was sure this was the first time he had been here. Declan and Bunny were the only ones to see the inside of his house out of the bunch, at least he thought.

"Geez man, I'm glad you made it. Sucks that you live quite a ways." The snowflakes littering his friends curly hair suited his image, making Teague smile.

As soon as Teague opened the door, Elliot felt a sense of welcoming, as much as Teague himself doesn't seem like it. He was always loud and the life of the party, which brought out a different, more bubblier side in Elliot.

"Oh my~ I'm sorry." Wept Elliot, playing along with Teague's dramatic facade.

Being careful not to dirty the polished flooring with his snowy blue sneakers, Elliot took of his coat, revealing a blue and white striped cotton sweater underneath, and placed it onto a hanger in the closet near the front door. He then set his backpack down and took off his shoes, neatly putting them below his hung coat. While he dusted snowflakes off his soft curly hair, he made sure to glance around the room. Everything seemed almost too perfect, he was almost scared of ruining even a slight placement of furniture.

"So uh..yeah! Well I'm here now bro. Wonder when sleeping beauty's gonna get here?" Elliot smirked, lightly nudging his friend at his side.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Teague smiled when his friend played along, then watching him neatly place his things away. He wondered if he was normally like that or was just doing it because of his house's condition. Every time Teague would come home, he'd toss everything to the side, paying no attention to whether he was making a mess or not. It usually resulted in his mother yelling at him to clean it up.
He could feel the slight tension in Elliot's glances, of course the three wouldn't be spending most their time in the front room, probably the rec room, which was bigger, more laid back and littered in mostly his stuff.
"You're right, that guy.." He shook his head with a small chuckle. "He has a bad habit of being late, I'm kinda used to it. Can't blame him though, it is a day off of school." Teague suddenly threw an arm around his friend, ruffling his fluffy hair. "BUT! I'm so glad you made it!!!"

-

The flip phone vibrated obnoxiously on his side table, about to fall over. "Ugh, god.." Declan threw a hand up and swiped it off the table, the phone falling to the carpeted floor. The red numbers on his clock clearly read 4:00PM, making his mind reel to figure out if he had to be anywhere. His room was fairly dark because of the weather and his blinds being closed. After school yesterday he barely remembered anything from then, just falling asleep due to being extremely tired from an exam. Had he been sleeping since six yesterday?!
Declan rubbed his eyes and threw off the blankets, finally remembering what he was SUPPOSED to be doing right now. Teague's place, around 3pm.....
"Whoops.." Sluggishly, he stood up and grabbed some clothes off his floor, shoving them into his messenger bag, paying no mind to the sound of crumpling papers from under them. If he recalled right, Teague told him to bring his guitar....great more stuff to carry..

After grabbing everything he needed, Declan picked up his phone that was still on the ground and his apartment key sitting next to the lamp on his side table. It was one of the very few times he'd be hanging out with the both of them without everyone else and he couldn't help but be a bit nervous over Elliot. Even Declan was aware of his more outgoing side around Teague, would Elliot find it strange? Either way, he had to get going to walk to the LRT station.
"Be back on Sunday evening, Uncle." He glanced to the living room where his uncle waved him off with a cigarette in hand, it seemed he was planning to go out soon as he also had his jacket on.

"Ah." Snow quietly fell, making Declan scowl a bit at the cold air that nipped his pale cheeks. Even though he was wearing his winter jacket, a black peacoat, the cold still bugged him. Of course underneath, he was wearing his shabby hoodie.

"Bro! Don't mess up my hair. These princely curls take hours to perfect." Elliot joked, in an attempt to cover up how weird he felt about Teague throwing his arm around him. He wasn't used to people being so close. It's easy to feel like you don't mean anything to people, like they have to be your friend, not because they want to. Although he doesn't want to admit it, this all had started with his parents. If he was never 'adopted', maybe..
Elliot let out a short sigh. At least with Teague, Declan, and his other friends, they do in fact, make him feel like his existence is worth something. If only Declan could get there sooner so they could start this weekend already.

"Want to do something while we wait for the last musketeer to arrive?" Smiled Elliot, pointing his index fingers at his friend, in a finger-gun like position.

He took his arm away after laughing heartily and beaming at Elliot. "Okay, okay!" Teague threw his arms up in the air, surrendering. "And yes, let's go sit in the rec room, I have terrible, awful ideas and things we can do this weekend." A small smirk tugged on the edge of his innocent smile as he began walking out of the foyer and near the back of the house.

The recreation room was a large space filled with shelves of movies, video games and all sorts of things. There was a big TV set up near a bunch of game systems, old and new. Teague had most of them for a long while, collecting over the years.
It was obvious he spent most his time here, as his own room was more of a 'sleep and that's it' kind of space. The walls had band posters and the couch was looking barely used, on the table a few empty energy drink cans sat untouched.

"Wow it's a mess in here!" Clearly, he was over exaggerating.

-
After a long ride on the LRT and an almost missed stop due to falling asleep, Declan hopped off to sprint up the stairs of the station. Once the cold air blew over his face again, it caused his cheeks to tint red giving his brooding atmosphere a softer look.
"Ugh." He could see the sparkly snowflakes littering his bangs. It was already getting dark, making him feel like he had slept a whole season from yesterday. All the streetlights turned on while he walked into Teague's neighbourhood, Declan fixed his guitar bag over his shoulder and looked to the ground, already having the way to his friends house memorized. He was still so tired...

• Love
Reactions: starrysky
'Awful'...? Oh, god, this'll be one hell of a time.

The recreation room felt way more comfortable than the front room. Though it was fairly clean, Elliot could tell that Teague loved this room. He must spend long nights playing video games here, judging by the empty energy drink cans. While browsing through his abundance of video games, something caught his eye.

"Bro is that..?" Elliot gasped, taking the video game case out of the shelf. "Star Quest Extreme 2000?! I've been looking for this game for so long...! We gotta play it with Declan." At this point his starry eyes were about to start crying.
"WAIT. You have Aspen's Adventures too? You're so lucky~" He also grabbed that case from the shelf, admiring the pretty artwork on the cover.

• Love
"You bet!" A proud look came across his face as he watched Elliot sift through his collection of video games, there was a lot to look at after all.

Declan recognized the familiar brick house on the street and sauntered up the long walkway to ring the doorbell. The small build up of snow on his head probably melted already due to his tired frustration. Suddenly, a grin spread on his lips when his finger came in contact with the bell and he began pressing it nonstop in an attempt to irritate his friend.

Back in the house, before Teague could say anything more to Elliot, the doorbell rang like crazy. In response, he only laughed rather than the reaction Declan was looking for.
"Looks like our trio is complete." He motioned for Elliot to follow him to the door as he darted off.

The door opened and the two stared at each other in complete silence for a second.
"Dude, what took you so long?"
"You need beauty sleep to look this good." Declan replied with a small laugh, he couldn't even take himself seriously.
"Oh yes, my bad your majesty~" Teague returned the sarcastic tone while grabbing Declan's arm and yanking him in the house.
"H-Hey..!" The door shut and the snow on his jacket was already turning to drops of water when his eyes set on Elliot. He was about to say hi when Teague lightly smacked the back of him.
"Take off your coat, goofball! I'm not used to you looking so decent."
"Shut up! What about you how you look, softy?"
Teague looked vaguely offended, holding back laughter at how Declan always found a way to bark back. While he was silent, he gave Elliot a shy wave, accompanied by an awkward smile.

Elliot hurriedly followed Teague to the front door. He was nervous, but excited to be hanging out with Declan. After all, this must be one of the first times they all were together.

As he watched the two friend's interaction, he laughed at the fact that Teague called him 'your majesty'. If Elliot's princely hair mustn't be ruffled, and Declan needs his beauty sleep, would that make them both princes? It was an odd thought..to picture him very royal and fancy like that. Could Teague be their jester? They should discuss this later.

Declan waving over to him caught his eye, snapping him out of his daydreams. Elliot returned a wave, with a gentle smile. He must be nervous too. At least Teague was there to make everything less awkward?

"Declan dude~! Nice snowflake hair." Elliot teased, walking over to give him a pat on the head.

When Elliot waved back, Declan's glance darted around unsure of what to do next until he spoke. "Ah..." He took a gloved hand and dusted the melting snowflakes off his dark hair. "It's cold out there." The comment was followed by a quiet laugh as he took his black gloves off and placed the back of his hand over a cold, pink cheek.
Teague grabbed Declan's bags for him and hummed while walking back to the rec room. Although, he was mostly doing it so the two would talk and be less shy around each other. It seemed Elliot was doing better than Declan at that point.
As he left, Declan was about to reach out a hand and tell Teague to stay but decided not to. He then shoved his gloves in his jacket pocket, unbuttoning it and throwing it on the chair near the front door, adjusting his hoodie underneath.
"We should...join him.." Declan awkwardly pointed the way their friend went and waited for Elliot to follow.

"Hmm..yep! Let's go then~" Elliot was all set to start heading to the rec room, but from beside the closet, grabbed his bag too, as Teague carrying Declan's reminded him about his own. It was quite heavy as he dragged it along on his back while walking with Declan, but he didn't mind. Upon his friend's arrival, he noticed he was carrying a guitar case. Zoey has told him about how nicely Declan plays, so he was eager to see if he'll have the courage to play for his two friends later.

"So, you'll play us a few songs later~?" They arrived at the rec room, and Elliot's timing in that comment was perfect, as he hoped Teague would hear too. He could feel Declan's tense aura as they walked there together, so he was relieved in seeing Teague. Maybe by the end of this weekend they'll all be better friends.

Teague set down Declan's things against one of the walls, glancing back at the two from Elliot's comments.

"W-What?" Declan crossed his arms and pretended he didn't hear Elliot. If it was one thing he always managed to get worked up about, it was playing his guitar in front of others.
"I wouldn't be too eager Elliot, only Zoey's seen him sing and play at the same time." Teague snickered at his shy friend. "I've only heard him play a bit, I guess I'm not that special~" The tone of his voice went sarcastic.

"It's not t-that, it's..!" Declan scrambled for words only to be interrupted by his friends laughter. "I don't even have anything that great to play anyways.."

"That's a total lie."
"Shut it."

He grinned and then looked toward Elliot. "What about you, do you know how to play anything? My parents tried to teach me piano when I was younger but I avoided it as much as possible so they gave up."

Elliot sighed while watching his two friends short banter. Guess Declan will always be this shy and flustered.

"Aww~ Zoey's so lucky." He teased, sticking a tongue out at Declan.

Though, the thought of Teague playing piano seemed a bit odd. He didn't look like the type to, so it might have been a pleasant surprise if he did play. It would've been fun to do a duet with him.

"Yeah.." Elliot hesitated for a moment. They won't think it's embarrassing, right? "I play violin and piano. I do performances sometimes, mostly piano 'cuz I'm better at it." His voice got quieter with each word, and out of nervous habit, ran his long fingers through his soft curly hair.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"WHOA! Violin?! That's so neat!" Teagues eyes practically lit up, getting a few steps closer to Elliot in excitement. "It totally suits you too, how come you've never mentioned it before?"
Declan raised a finger under his lips in thought, glancing at the boy with curly hair, curiously. "It does suit you.." His voice was quiet.

"I actually have a piano near my dining room, the same one my parents tried to teach me on, you two should play something together." He pointed at both Declan and Elliot with a wide smile spread from cheek to cheek. Teagues enthusiasm never seemed to die out.

"What!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Elliot let out a sigh of relief. Teague's bright eyes were always so uplifting. "Thanks dude. I guess I never thought it was that important to mention." Elliot was always the forgetful one.
Glancing over to Declan, he just barely heard his words but gave a warm smile in response. It was comforting to know he had nice friends. He never could get used to this, but nevertheless appreciated their kindness.

"What..!" Elliot stood back in disbelief. "We should! This'll be so cool, I've never done a duet with a guitar player. I know what song we should play, too."

He hoped Declan would be eager to play too.

• Love
Teague placed his hands behind his back and looked over to Declan with a hopeful stare. He was genuinely excited about this, seeing his two best friends play together would be so cool. Declan only covered his face and looked away, muttering something unheard before walking around Teague to pick up his guitar bag.
"Let's go..." Was all he said while keeping his eyes fixed elsewhere in the room
"Oh, you heard him Elliot, let's go!!" Teague motioned for him to follow back toward the front room.

He led them back toward the dining room area and took the small plant resting on the key cover of the piano, putting it elsewhere. "My mom hasn't played in so long, it might be a bit dusty.." Teague took and finger and dragged it along the keys with a strange, longing stare. Perhaps the few lessons actually stuck with him after all the years. "I haven't touched this for ages either..." Soon his happy-go-lucky attitude returned and smiled wide at Elliot.

"So....what song are we playing..." Declan spoke up quietly while absentmindedly picking at the guitar strings, sitting in a dining room chair. He was fast at setting up, Teague didn't even hear him.

"Yay!" Elliot cheered as he followed his friends to the dining room.

His starry eyes lit up as he reached the piano. It was so much nicer than the keyboard he has at home.
Sitting comfortably on the black stool, he began to play a few bars of Moonlight Sonata just to test out how the piano sounds. Each note resonated nicely, and paired along with the acoustics of the large dining room, nearly brought Elliot to tears. Not to mention this was one of his favourite songs to play. Although, the dust which rested on the keys felt strange underneath his fingertips. Another thing to get used to, I guess..

"So..hmm..." Elliot had stopped playing for a moment to recollect his ideas from earlier. "White Christmas! I thought maybe, since it's almost Christmas in a few weeks, this song will be very fitting." Although he won't mention it, Zoey had hinted that she loves this song a lot for some reason. He had suspected that Declan had something to do with it.

Reactions: Garbage Chan
"Christmas in a few weeks..." Declan looked out the big windows to the houses living room, recalling last years winter months. Snowy skating and power outing blizzards...

Subtly his cheeks hued with pink and a small look of embarrassed panic was visible on his face. "W-White Christmas..?" Declan fell silent for a few second while edging his face away from the two near the piano. Recalling that night was enough to fill his heart with shy feelings, let alone how different he was then, a little less friendly than nowadays. "Alright." Carefully, a hand positioned itself over the strings and took a breath.

"Should I..."
"Hell yeah, dude, you don't have to be shy about singing."
"Sheesh, you make it worse saying that." Declan scoffed and gave a little awkward smile. Next, he gave Elliot a quick nod, signalling he was ready to play.

• Love
Reactions: starrysky
Elliot smiled at his friend in response, and placed his fingers onto the keys in position.

A wave of nervousness rushed over him, making him mess up a few notes at the start. He continued on with the song, hoping Declan didn't mind much. The smooth piano playing and Declan's singing were nearly enough to make his anxious feelings disappear. Playing a duet like this wasn't something he was used to. Perhaps the closest thing to a duet he's done was record himself playing violin and piano and mash it together in Garage Band. On the other hand, performing in front of an audience was something he was used to doing. Concert halls, school performances, and even his uncle's wedding (which was mostly his mom's suggestion).

Why was he so nervous when playing for his friends?

Once Elliot got into playing, he pretty much forgot why he was so scared in the first place. Though, they were off beat a few times during the chorus, which was expected due to the fact they never practiced this together before. It was refreshing to hear Declan's singing, too. He never thought that someone like him could sing so nicely. Swiftly, when playing a one handed part, Elliot turned and gave him a thumbs up.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.