NO DAPL SHARE AND BE AWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof, water in the winter up here is a big nono. Frostbite is very common even without water. Hypothermia if you don't get out of wet clothes. Like, water cannons can mean a cold death if no medical attention is given. I'd prefer getting pepper sprayed in the face than getting sprayed with a lot of water in the winter. At least pepper spray isn't permanently scarring like frostbite and doesn't mean death like hypothermia.

And if people ask, yes, I have been pepper sprayed in the face because I was a dum dum. I've also fallen into a river in full winter gear when it was roughly 10 Fahrenheit (only waist deep thank God or I probably wouldn't be here) and then had to walk a short distance home because I was also a dum dum (I was not a smart highschooler). I would 100% prefer the pepper spray experience over the water. It's shorter, not as painful, and your whole body doesn't just seize up and stop functioning.

Even if people don't agree with the protest, I'm still not going to let these people freeze to death. Freezing is probably one of the worst deaths a person could experience, because it's slow and EXTREMELY painful at first. People aren't lying when they say that freezing feels like pins being forced out of your skin. And for the record, I'm okay with them protesting, I think it's good. We let corporations walk all over people far too often, so it's nice someone is standing up and saying "No, I don't like that you're doing this to me." I think people should peacefully protest more against corporations. Maybe we'd finally get somewhere.

I don't want this locked. and your comments uncle insight an uncivil passion inside of me that would best be left unsaid. please stop commenting claiming that these protectors are trespassing when that's clearly false. just stop commenting and that would be best for the longevity of this thread. This thread is ONLY meant for awareness. Not to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.