2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really
I don't want any hateful rhetoric here, this is very important news and should be shared EVERYWHERE. North Dakota is now becoming a police state. They are hurting unarmed WATER PROTECTORS. Look more on TYTPolitics if you want more information on this situation.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kooriryu
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this, especially considering it comes from TYT, which is like the epitome of unreliable and biased narrative

TYTPOLITICS IS AT STANDING ROCK RIGHT NOW WITNESSING THIS ATROCITY. You are ignorant to the truth!
You can believe whatever you want, but the truth is, is that police in North Dakota are being bought out by Oil Companies to get rid of people who are trying to protect the Missouri River Water Source from being poisoned by the oil pipeline they are trying to build. If this thing is built it will mean devastation for A LOT of people. You can be ignorant to the truth behind your computer screen, but I know what the Natives and the American people are witnessing and experiencing and it is nothing to ignore.

Albeit this video is a bit extreme for my tastes, I still believe it is the right thing to do for people who are readily available to close their bank account that is funding the DAPL movement. We need a planet for future generations to survive on. Oil will poison all of our water sources and leave us extinct. This is a big problem whether you take action or not. Get the word out there...

I didn't want to say anything but please give me one moment and spare me your wrath. Some bad things are going on, but I do not believe they are becoming a police state. One person has been very badly injured and I feel awful. However, while I am willing to believe the police are going too far, I do not believe your anger towards Alek is justified. You're a staff member, please take a deep breath and she some more dources. If someone says something about your source, show other places covering it. Emotional outbursts like this hurts your cause. (if you're wondering about the rating I gave, I feel you are fear mongering. please tone it down).

I get their concerns, perfectly valid. But PLEASE use more than one source. TYT is very emotional and childish at times, there's nothing wrong with that but there's a lot of people who find them very biased and very agenda pushing. While I fear your wrath, as you are a community manager, I just want you to take a deep breath. (I have actually taken a bit of time to look up what's happening from multiple sources. terrible shit but no need for this kind of anger towards those who disagree due to your source) I just ask that you not be angered by my response.

TLDR: calm down and be willing to show more than one source (keeping one source and holding it as a pinacle of reporting is never a good idea, everyone can make mistakes)

Firstly I was not fear mongering, and I am sorry if you feel that my wording made it sound that way. I feel very strongly about this topic, but that doesn't mean I am wrathful towards any of the members on Iwaku. That is where your opinion is completely wrong. I truly apologize for your opinions that you thought I was trying to be wrathful? Or insight fear mongering, but in all truth that is what North Dakota is becoming. This will only escalate further. I am just trying to spread awareness of the atrocities that are happening because of bought out police. This will only get worse, and soon it could possibly become a police state. I choose not to cite other sources because I prefer to get my news in a select few places because other media is also biased. I know Jordan Chariton is a good Journalist and he reports on scene all the time. He knows what's up in North Dakota. He isn't biased, he is just reporting the facts. I am not saying this is the "Pinnacle" of my report I am just sharing news so others can be aware. I am truly sorry again for my words inciting your "Fear". But that wasn't my purpose. My purpose was to educate.

Firstly I was not fear mongering, and I am sorry if you feel that my wording made it sound that way. I feel very strongly about this topic, but that doesn't mean I am wrathful towards any of the members on Iwaku. That is where your opinion is completely wrong. I truly apologize for your opinions that you thought I was trying to be wrathful? Or insight fear mongering, but in all truth that is what North Dakota is becoming. This will only escalate further. I am just trying to spread awareness of the atrocities that are happening because of bought out police. This will only get worse, and soon it could possibly become a police state. I choose not to cite other sources because I prefer to get my news in a select few places because other media is also biased. I know Jordan Chariton is a good Journalist and he reports on scene all the time. He knows what's up in North Dakota. He isn't biased, he is just reporting the facts. I am not saying this is the "Pinnacle" of my report I am just sharing news so others can be aware. I am truly sorry again for my words inciting your "Fear". But that wasn't my purpose. My purpose was to educate.

It was just the tone I got, that's all. I'm not scared because I'm pretty far away (at least when it comes to the crap going on out there). good relaxed responses is more what I care about. I'm always afraid to give my opinion when it's in any way different from a staffer or moderator. I'm glad you're passionate but your responses felt more angry and attacking when someone said "hey, I don't trust that source so I don't believe it". it may indeed escalate, I how it doesn't, I'll bow out now as I've said my piece. All I care about is people remembering to BE RESPECTFUL and be willing to show more evidence from varied sources when challenged, not calling them ignorant and saying they're hiding behind a screen. Remember, appealing to emotions is useful in a debate but insulting or name calling will only make them dig in their heels!

Happy Educating!

Reactions: Kagayours
tl;dr LunaValentine was very, very nice in her way of answering you and this post is basically my +1.

TYTPOLITICS IS AT STANDING ROCK RIGHT NOW WITNESSING THIS ATROCITY. You are ignorant to the truth!

You're bringing up a political topic and then call someone who doesn't share your view ignorant, while the only thing they said was "I don't trust this source."

You're dismissing someone without even hearing them out. This is very disrespectful, because you're not going after the contents of their post but after their very person. I don't think I'm going out on much of a limb when I say this is the exact kind of behaviour you didn't want in your thread when you mentioned;

I don't want any hateful rhetoric here

You may not have intended to offend anyone, but the road to hell is paved with you-know-what. If you want people to see your side you cannot demand them to without at least considering theirs or asking them to elaborate. Regardless of how strongly you feel about the subject. You do not change people's views by force, you change them by goodwill. Just the mention of education suggests you view your views as superior, and that is not a good starting position for a debate on equal footing.

Trespassers get what's coming to them.

I was not trying to change view points with this thread. I was trying to educate. To raise awareness for the atrocity that is happening in my country. I will admit I spoke passionately because when someone says "but I'm not buying this" without giving any supported opinion as to what they weren't buying exactly. (i understand they didn't buy it because of the source. But the source isn't why I brought this up. The real issue is being ignored) I get a little angry and disrespectful because to me just saying "I'm not buying this" without any real thought besides discrediting the source (WHICH THIS ISNT ABOUT THE SOURCE IT IS ABOUT THE AWARENESS) is disrespectful to me and the whole purpose of this thread. That's all I am saying. This thread is for awareness not citing sources. So making a general statement like "But I'm not buying this" without giving better evidence and opinion to back it up besides "Tyt is biased" is disrespectful to my intention of this thread, in my honest opinion! That's my two cents. This thread is about awareness of the issue I am posting about not to be ignorant to that awareness because of the source.

I was not trying to change view points with this thread. I was trying to educate. To raise awareness for the atrocity that is happening in my country. I will admit I spoke passionately because when someone says "but I'm not buying this" without giving any supported opinion as to what they weren't buying exactly. (i understand they didn't buy it because of the source. But the source isn't why I brought this up. The real issue is being ignored) I get a little angry and disrespectful because to me just saying "I'm not buying this" without any real thought besides discrediting the source (WHICH THIS ISNT ABOUT THE SOURCE IT IS ABOUT THE AWARENESS) is disrespectful to me and the whole purpose of this thread. That's all I am saying. This thread is for awareness not citing sources. So making a general statement like "But I'm not buying this" without giving better evidence and opinion to back it up besides "Tyt is biased" is disrespectful to my intention of this thread, in my honest opinion! That's my two cents. This thread is about awareness of the issue I am posting about not to be ignorant to that awareness because of the source.
Atrocity? This is hardly an atrocity by any measure. A bunch of hippies wandered onto someone else's property to throw a fit and somehow people are surprised when retaliation breaks out. If the natives believe the land is rightfully theirs, they should take this matter to court.

I will not comment on anymore blatant ignorance. This thread is solely here for awareness and nothing else. Your opinions aren't needed. Just your awareness. Just remember that this greed won't stop with Native American Treaty lands. Corporation greed will surpass putting oil pipelines in one major water source. I am just trying to raise awareness for the bleak outcome of this pipeline.

I will not comment on anymore blatant ignorance. This thread is solely here for awareness and nothing else. Your opinions aren't needed. Just your awareness. Just remember that this greed won't stop with Native American Treaty lands. Corporation greed will surpass putting oil pipelines in one major water source. I am just trying to raise awareness for the bleak outcome of this pipeline.
The only thing we need to be aware of is that trespassers are getting what they deserve.
The corporation has every right to defend their property.

Please stop commenting.

My college is doing a drive to give these protesters clothes, food, and medical supplies. I have yet to donate, but I plan to once I have the money to do so. I want to give them a lot of warm clothes, because this is happening in the state I live next to. I live in MN, right next to the border of ND, so I know very well how cold it gets. These people need all the clothes they can get to survive the winter. Might also drop a big pack of artificial heat packs in there too... They're good for keeping tootsies toasty and are pretty cheap.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
@Tarieles I appreciate your effort. Thank you. Did you know they are shooting water cannons at them ? They will need all the clothes and heat pads they can get this winter..

Status
Not open for further replies.