Ninjas in the Bandit Lands (Naruto AU, OCs only)

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
While I also have some original ideas held out in limbo, I've been working on some Fandom ideas in my head. Since I think Naruto has a big following, I figured this may be a good one to start with.

This RP would be completely separate from the canon happenings. In this world, there is a far-off land where bandits reign supreme. For the most part, these lawless ninjas have been left alone. However, there is a new initiative brought forth before the Kage council, which is to settle in these dangerous lands. After debate, there was an agreement - some of the best terraforming ninjas would be sent with civilians, as well as a promising group of young Chunin. Once there, construction would begin on the first settlement of this new land, with the Chunin to defend and push the bandits back.

However, not all was as it seemed in the intelligence report. Instead of many roving bands, the people of the land had all fallen under the violent banner of a single warlord. As such, the Chunin were given a new mission - to strike their way up the hierarchy. To sabotage, to manipulate, to slay. Whatever would be needed to make the house of cards fall apart.

This is where the PCs would come in. They are the squad of Chunin tasked with taking down the warlord (with a system somewhat inspired by Shadow of Mordor/War). I am hoping for at least 3 players beyond myself, but more is certainly welcome. Thank you for your time!​

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't an interesting premise. So, to wit, you're using the setting without using the canon story?

If that's the case, I might be very interested. And @Doctor Jax and @tee-dot-jay-dot might be, as well? Mebbe? Idk.

So, to wit, you're using the setting without using the canon story?
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I haven't watched the series all the way through to be able to do something canon, but I have some games and watched some. Basically I like the style of jutsus and how big and destructive they can get - of course we're not starting that powerful, but it's a cool style that you can do plenty with. And as I was thinking, I was reminded of Shadow of War and Pathfinder: Kingmaker so I thought some aspects of that could be cool to try and fit in.

I may have rambled, so I apologise. I hope this made sense.

So, to wit, you're using the setting without using the canon story?
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I haven't watched the series all the way through to be able to do something canon, but I have some games and watched some. Basically I like the style of jutsus and how big and destructive they can get - of course we're not starting that powerful, but it's a cool style that you can do plenty with. And as I was thinking, I was reminded of Shadow of War and Pathfinder: Kingmaker so I thought some aspects of that could be cool to try and fit in.

I may have rambled, so I apologise. I hope this made sense.
It does! I got burned out a bit into Shippudden, but I loved the setting, so I understand and love seeing this. And having played Shadow of Mordor, I'm well acquainted with the style you're discussing.

I'm excited. What level of writing / frequency are you wanting?

What level of writing / frequency are you wanting?
Well, I would like at least one post a week. Two is preferred and even more is awesome, but because life I know things happen. (If you need more time, or need to be away for a while, just let me know in some way)

As for level of writing... I would like at the very least a paragraph that helps move the scene in some way. Longer is generally better, but given I have trouble with length at times and also some sequences just don't allow for super long posts, that's my minimum.

Spelling and grammar, I want your best. That is, I'm not gonna be super picky but I do want it readable and understandable. If I have troubles I'll ask for elaboration.

As well, if I may ask you and @Jessica2477 a question, I am just curious if you have any Character concepts yet. I personally am thinking something with fire/ice, or swords, or Swords and fire/ice. Cause that's the stuff I like, but anyway.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Groovy.

As well, if I may ask you and [IMG alt="Jessica2477"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/6/6400.jpg?1423267730[/IMG] Jessica2477 a question, I am just curious if you have any Character concepts yet. I personally am thinking something with fire/ice, or swords, or Swords and fire/ice. Cause that's the stuff I like, but anyway.
I always wanted to play around with the explosion tags, and kinda do a Shikamaru thing with the more strategic approach with them. Possibly involving an Air affinity later, in order to redirect the tags/explosions, etc, but that'd be some skill progression for that. Start him off as Chuunin.

Well, I would like at least one post a week. Two is preferred and even more is awesome, but because life I know things happen. (If you need more time, or need to be away for a while, just let me know in some way)

As for level of writing... I would like at the very least a paragraph that helps move the scene in some way. Longer is generally better, but given I have trouble with length at times and also some sequences just don't allow for super long posts, that's my minimum.

Spelling and grammar, I want your best. That is, I'm not gonna be super picky but I do want it readable and understandable. If I have troubles I'll ask for elaboration.

As well, if I may ask you and @Jessica2477 a question, I am just curious if you have any Character concepts yet. I personally am thinking something with fire/ice, or swords, or Swords and fire/ice. Cause that's the stuff I like, but anyway.

I've got some custom clans and kekkei genkai I can run past you

Groovy.

As well, if I may ask you and [IMG alt="Jessica2477"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/6/6400.jpg?1423267730[/IMG] Jessica2477 a question, I am just curious if you have any Character concepts yet. I personally am thinking something with fire/ice, or swords, or Swords and fire/ice. Cause that's the stuff I like, but anyway.
I always wanted to play around with the explosion tags, and kinda do a Shikamaru thing with the more strategic approach with them. Possibly involving an Air affinity later, in order to redirect the tags/explosions, etc, but that'd be some skill progression for that. Start him off as Chuunin.
So kinda like minefields and whatnot? Sounds cool! My guy would probably be more up-front so that could he good synergy. Or even a little bit of anti-synergy at the start xD

I've got some custom clans and kekkei genkai I can run past you
Correct me if I am wrong but kekkei genkai are like the Sharingan and the Hyuga eyes? Genetic jutsu?

So kinda like minefields and whatnot? Sounds cool! My guy would probably be more up-front so that could he good synergy. Or even a little bit of anti-synergy at the start xD
Mine fields, the tags on kunai or other weaponry, slapping tags on backs. Hell, No Regard For Safety pairs well with Explosions, so probably even a tagged punch to the face, if the occasion calls for it. Plus maybe other forms of explosions? Tbh I can't recall if there are any others in Naruto.
With skill progression, I'll have him learn to compress air into a bomb, a la Kuma from One Piece, if that means anything to you.

Mine fields, the tags on kunai or other weaponry, slapping tags on backs. Hell, No Regard For Safety pairs well with Explosions, so probably even a tagged punch to the face, if the occasion calls for it. Plus maybe other forms of explosions? Tbh I can't recall if there are any others in Naruto.
With skill progression, I'll have him learn to compress air into a bomb, a la Kuma from One Piece, if that means anything to you.
*Googled Kuma* hmmmm, interesting

But I can see some fun things. Just be careful not to confused the explosive tags with your "kick me" signs xD

In the meanwhile, I am still trying to figure out my guy. I kinda like the idea of him using fire jutsu and being able to set his blade or such on fire. At the same time, an ice and fire jutsu combo may be interesting, though potentially impossible. Then there's archery....

Hm. I may have to sleep on it. If you message and I don't get back to you, I probably fell asleep and will get to you tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Red Thunder
Correct me if I am wrong but kekkei genkai are like the Sharingan and the Hyuga eyes? Genetic jutsu?

Yes, kekkei genkai is basically the special jutsu/eye powers that is only obtained by being born in that specific clan. I made some custom clans previously for an old Naruto RP and I could run them by you to see if they're acceptable

Alrighty well, that's three which is what I wanted for a minimum! Will start on an OOC and signups!

@Red Thunder @Jessica2477 @DangoYumi

The OOC and signups is up! Please, don't hesitate to ask questions or make comments, or even just hit me up to chat!