Ninja Team Omega: Taming the Stolen Lands

Hasaki had looked between the group, nodding to each one of them as they spoke up of where they felt they would be best. He noted that Yuji seemed... disappointed? By his decision they stick together, and some of them perhaps didn't understand. But he didn't know the rest of them well enough to trust his decisions on who goes with who. And he didn't want to be responsible for losing anyone.

He had nodded to Yuji and smiled, about to offer him a touch of praise before Kazuki spoke up. Once more the cocky flamboyance set his teeth on edge, and as he moved to set the group off, Hasaki stepped to get in his way.

"And how much experience do you have in the wilds? How much scouting experience do you have?" he stared into the other young man's eyes, not at all amused. "I'd be surprised if you had any. Wouldn't be surprised if they bought your chunin qualification." Nightligh was looking between the two of them, and Hasaki growled.

"I will take the lead. Me and Nightlight know how to work our way through unknown lands." he turned his back on Kazuki, and Nightlight stepped by his side. "Let's go." he told the group before taking a step to move them off. He wanted them to start moving before Kazuki's pompous ass began spouting nonsense again.

Reactions: DangoYumi
Shiromi watched Hasaki's reaction towards Kazuki, the corner of her lips turning upwards into a small smile. It was somehow funny to see him get annoyed by this sparkly boy, although she herself cannot deny that Kazuki does come off a little too strong in many ways. She followed behind Hasaki when he started moving, maintaining the distance of a few steps behind him as they ventured forward.

----------------------------
Hina nodded when Kazuki referred to her, responding positively to the statement. She was glad that her healing knowledge and jutsu was taken into account, as she didn't want to be a burden to the team. When Shiromi and Hasaki began to walk away, Hina started walking as well, but she didn't follow the two in front immediately. Instead, she walked over to where Yuji was, and would proceed to walk beside him once he begins to.

Yuji Morimoto

When Yuji heard the rather unenthusiastic response he was met with he felt like he wasn't being taken very seriously, which caused him to feel a bit dejected. That said, it seemed as though one member of the team refused to let that behavior stand. Seeing how mad the boy was made Yuji feel better, believing that the boy was angry for his sake due to lack of awareness to another reason. Wow, he seems really nice. He's standing up for me, even if he's saying things that are a bit mean to the sparkly guy... I'm sure his heart is in the right place! As the silver boy, his wolf companion, and the silver girl all began walking on, Yuji sensed that Hinagiku had moved closer to him. Feeling newly comfortable with the situation, he looked down at her with a gentle smile.

"Well, let's follow along them. We don't want to fall behind and hold them back!" Despite his choice of words, he spoke with a tone of encouragement for the both of them. Yuji then began walking after the group, giving a slightly nervous bow to the golden boy as the pair passed him standing completely still.

Kazuki Hoshino

As Kazuki was leading the charge once more, he was yet again interrupted and stopped in his tracks. This time the interruption was made in a condescending tone, which immediately got on the boy's nerves. Even worse, Hasaki had the gall to insinuate that Kazuki hadn't earned his Chuunin rank fair and square like the rest of them. This blasphemy was the last straw, and his face finally betrayed his irritation for the first time. This is the first time anyone has ever acted so offensive towards me in my life! And I'm supposed to work with such a rude person?! I mean, how DARE HE?! Does he have NO RESPECT?! Did his clan not teach him to show courtesy to his allies?! Kazuki was unmoving, mulling over his frustrations in his head with a grimace on his face. If it weren't for the perpetual glowing of his skin, one would expect to see a shadow cast over his eyes as he remained silent, not acknowledging his teammates who walked passed him.

Suzue looked at Hasaki, an eyebrow raised at the tone he took with Kazuki. She could understand why; Kazuki was... a bit much, and his demeanor didn't exactly reflect that of a ninja, but that was beside the point. An attitude like that was going to build tension, and the last thing this group needed right now was just that.

She sighed, taking a look at Kazuki for his reaction.

As she expected, he didn't seem happy. But, she wanted to know if he was going to let this get to him or if he would brush it off his shoulders and continue leaving a trail of sparkles everywhere he went.

She could talk to Hasaki later regarding the attitude. She knew why it came up, but if it went unchecked it would tear the team apart more than keep them together.

Suzue was about to start walking but paused, giving Kazuki a light poke and a slight tilt of the head. It didn't take a genius to know she was silently asking if he was alright.

@Lore Magus

Kazuki Hoshino

As Kazuki stood deep in thought, he felt a poke at his arm. Looking to his side, he saw Suzue at his side with a look on her face. Miss Suzu? Are you... concerned for me? Of course... of course she is! Why wouldn't she be concerned for the well-being of the love of her life after he was just publicly humiliated in front of the entire team! I have to ease her concern! After guaranteeing himself that Suzue was definitely fawning over him, he came up with a response to ease the girl's concerns (as well as redirect his own frustrations). "Thank you, Miss Suzu. I am deeply touched by your concern for my well-being, but worry not for I shall be fine. Even though Hasaki has rudely challenged the legitimacy of my rank, I shall simply prove him wrong by being the first to eliminate any threat coming our way even if her is leading the pack. Yes, a surprise victory stolen from right under his nose, or rather from right behind his back! That ought to make him swallow his insults towards me and my clan! Simple. As. That." He puffed out his chest while he declared his plan to her. He then turned towards the direction the group had gone and exhaled in confidence. "There. Now that that's settled, let's catch up with the group! It's not a good idea for us to fall behind the others and leave them alone in the wilds. If there really is danger out there, we'll need to be together to improve our chances of safety! Let's go," he declared before marching forward with a slightly hastened pace.

Hina looked back at the boy, her lips curving into a gentle smile. Yuji and his gentle demeanour really helped Hina get used to the entire situation, but she didn't want to limit herself and wanted to make more new friends. For now however, she decided it would be best if she just stuck by Yuji, since they had already spoke with each other before. While walking, she looked over at Shiromi that was in front of them, along with Hasaki that was beside her. Her eyes traveled between the two, then stopped at Nightlight, who was following Hasaki and Shiromi down the path. 'Maybe I can be friends with her first.' she thought, since she wouldn't be as nervous when it comes to animals.

-----------------------------------------

Suzue didn't know what she expected, but this declaration was certainly what she would expect from someone like him. However, his need to prove himself was going to be very, very disastrous. Especially when this could put a damper on her plans. He wasn't predictable, which meant Suzue couldn't come up with anything to protect Kazuki if he did something stupid.

Well, when he did something stupid.

"Hang on-"

Before she could question him, he was gone, leaving her to sigh.

This was going to be disastrous... The least she could do was try to keep an eye out. With that, she would walk behind the group as per her formation plan.

< @Lore Magus @Jessica2477 @DangoYumi >

Hasaki seemed to have not heard what Kazuki had to say, which was probably for the best. It wouldn't do for them to stand there arguing all day. With that said, the sword-ninja and his wolf took the lead in patrolling the area they had been given. His eyes were always on watch as the team moved along, not really taking a moment to admire the area around them. A lapse in his attention could get everyone killed.

Ten minutes later, Hasaki would glance over to Nightlight when he noticed her growling with raised hackles. He frowned and sniffed the air himself, suddenly holding his hand up to stop the team from moving. "They're nearby. Close. Everyone keep your eyes open and be ready for an attack from anywhere."

Yuji Morimoto

As Yuji walked alongside Hinagiku, he felt a bit more relaxed. He was grateful for the presence of the kindred spirit, and looked forward to working together with her. The other teammates on the other hand... How do I even approach them? They all seem to have a lot going on and they seem really tense right now. Maybe I should give them all space and wait for a better time... Yuji had naturally heard the entire conversation between the sparkling guy and the sleepy girl, but he decided to pretend he didn't. As he silently thought things over, he caught sight of the wolf beside the swordsman again. That's right, I haven't met one of her kind yet. It felt like she was curious about me too, probably an effect of my family's chakra... Maybe she'd be alright if I got close to her before the rest of the team. I'd definitely have an easier time with her than the others... maybe I should wait for later though.

After they were patrolling for a while, during which Yuji had been soaking in the scenery to get an idea of the topography of the area, he suddenly picked up an unfamiliar human scent. Before even being told about it by the guy at the head of the group Yuji had already stopped in his tracks, placing a firm hand on Hinagiku's shoulder to stop her progression. He had a serious expression on his face as his eyes scanned the area. After Hinagiku would become aware of the situation, Yuji would remove his hand from her shoulder and stand in an open stance. Ready to cast an earth jutsu to protect the team at the drop of a hat, Yuji focused his attention on his heightened hearing so he would know where the enemy would be.

Kazuki Hoshino

After catching up to the group, Kazuki decided to hang behind them all so he could surprise everyone when he blows the enemy away. The fewer people to see it coming, the more impact my attack will have! My, how brilliant my plan is! As he basked in himself, he happened to notice something was missing.Hm? Where's Miss Suzu? He then looked over his shoulder to see Suzue hanging a bit behind him. Turning to face forward again, he placed a finger on his chin while he pondered. I wonder why Miss Suzu hasn't caught up to walk beside me yet? Hmm... Oh! Once he got an idea for why Suzue was hanging back, Kazuki flicked his finger out from his chin and practically had a light bulb glowing above his head as he smiled brightly. He then nodded with his arms crossed and an understanding smile on his face. Of course, she's staying behind so she can secretly gaze at my marvelous backside! While I'd normally advise that she stay focused, I guess I can indulge her this one time. After deciding this for himself, he made a dramatic bump of his hip while looking over his shoulder and giving a wink to Suzue. After this he continued focusing on where he was going, confident that he had totally charmed Suzue. My sparkling good looks might be too dangerous...

After they had walked around aimlessly for a bit, Kazuki noticed that Hasaki's wolf Nightlight had stopped in place. Understanding that she was signalling nearby danger, he took position with an open-palmed hand charging energy to launch a Star Blast at a moment's notice. Bring it on! Here's my chance to completely stun the entire team with the glory of my clan's Kekkei Genkai.

Suzue's gaze lingered around, from the sides, the trees, and the paths to her teammates to ensure there was no tension among them. Everything seemed orderly; that was good. However, her eyes soon landed on Kazuki doing... something? He sashayed his hips and winked at her, earning him a very subtle blush and a look of confusion. Then, it clicked.

'He thinks I'm trying to look at his butt.' She answered inwardly, sighing at that.

Suzue would rather let him think what he wanted to. She couldn't fathom why he thought she was so interested in him when she gave no hints of it, but if this is what he wants to believe then she would not burst his bubble.

~~

Nightlight had stopped, staring attentively at something. The signal that something was amiss. She yawned. Let's get this over with... The sooner the better.

Hina had been taking deep breaths, taking in the beautiful smell of nature and loving the amount of greenery around her. Being around plants makes her feel better, the energy that comes from the plants help her feel calm and relaxed. She walked comfortably with Yuji by her side, until she felt his hand on her shoulder. She paused, then turned to him to see him scanning the area with serious eyes. Immediately she turned over to scan the area as well, stopping in her tracks. She started gathering chakra in her hands, preparing to summon any greenery if needed to help with the fight.

---------------------------------------------

Shiromi had followed the team quietly, and once she saw them stopping she immediately took out her crystal blade with one hand, holding onto her necklace with her other. She infused her blade with her chakra, and soon her necklace and blade were glowing a light tint of blue. She turned over to quickly check on her teammates, and was ready for whatever that would appear.

Hasaki's kept his hand on the hilt of his blade, eyes flicking towards the trees to his left. When a single bandit - what he assumed was a bandit, at least - came out the leader narrowed his eyes and snarled. This made the bandit laugh and step even closer while fully ignoring the wolf.

"I don't know who you are, but I gotta say. You're either idiots, or brave idiots. Either way, we can't let those villagers think they can just hire out anyone. Especially not to try and take us down. Look, it's nothing personal but I can't have new blood muscling in on my protection racket."

At those words an arrow flew out from the trees but Hasaki tilted his head slightly to let it sail past him. "Explain to me again about this village?" he snarled while approaching the bandit. Meanwhile, at least six others appeared - all looking ready to battle.