Ninja Team Omega: Taming the Stolen Lands (Naruto AU) OOC and Characters

If anyone got confused about why there was a wolf, I added a bit of history for Nightlight in my sheet :D

Reactions: Red Thunder
Hm, here's a question - should we start on the ships, or with the village already formed and all that?

Hm, here's a question - should we start on the ships, or with the village already formed and all that?

Hmm, I'd say on the ships to let people introduce themselves then move along quickly to form the villages

Okay so. Sorry I've not gotten replies up; I've been working a 12hr shift today.

I'm good for someone having three characters, provided they can be kept up with. And provided the post isn't a monster. The issue I've seen with people working multiple characters is that they'll make a normal length post for each character, which means a novella length post in entirety. Which is a butt to read in the context of reading other posts and RL. That said, I ain't the GM, and if Mythy is good for it, all the better.

As to the starting point, yeah, I'd say the ship are a good place. That said, there's something to be said for a bit of a slice of life kind of post prior to the group meeting, tho that's easily handled in either flashback or simply the initial post, which is usually longer than subsequent posts.
I think I've chimed in to everything lol.

Ah, no. @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf is there a narrative way to "brand" individuals, like Talion gets in the game? Because it wouldn't make sense for the Omega Squad's enemies to simply give up and join them without impetus, and a probably violent one at that.

@Red Thunder
Starting posts do tend to be longer. But just so I understand, do you mean like, in the first post, having: Flashback to before ship; some stuff on the ship; joining the team?

Which actually raises another question. Do you guys think the teams would have already been assigned at the start of the voyage?

Ah, no. [IMG alt="Mythy the Dragon-Wolf"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/19/19998.jpg?1541789882[/IMG] Mythy the Dragon-Wolf is there a narrative way to "brand" individuals, like Talion gets in the game? Because it wouldn't make sense for the Omega Squad's enemies to simply give up and join them without impetus, and a probably violent one at that.
I'll be honest, I got confused a moment before I remembered SoM/W xD

But a brand? At the moment I can't think of how that would work. I wasn't necessarily planning on there being too much 'ally' making, but when it does happen it would be more like blackmailing, bribing, or just smacking them down to do your bidding for a bit.

They are bandits, so they'll be pulling operations against one another like in the game as well, so with scouting I think there's lots of cool things we could do.

Though if you have any ideas or recommendations, I'd love to hear those too!

But a brand? At the moment I can't think of how that would work. I wasn't necessarily planning on there being too much 'ally' making, but when it does happen it would be more like blackmailing, bribing, or just smacking them down to do your bidding for a bit.
Groovy. That works for me.

Starting posts do tend to be longer. But just so I understand, do you mean like, in the first post, having: Flashback to before ship; some stuff on the ship; joining the team?

Which actually raises another question. Do you guys think the teams would have already been assigned at the start of the voyage?
I mean, however the writer wants to write it. It'd probably be better to start them on the ship, thinking about it, as those who want to start their post on the ship and only concern it with the ship can, and those who want to begin it even later reference their past can do so at their leisure.

As to team assignments, I've been assuming our PCs would all be one team under an NPC leader.

As to team assignments, I've been assuming our PCs would all be one team under an NPC leader.
Well, all one team for sure. But NPC leader.. like one who goes on missions with them, or more like offers information or something? Cause if going on missions, Hasaki could maybe be team leader if for no other reason I don't have two GMPCs

I mean, however the writer wants to write it. It'd probably be better to start them on the ship, thinking about it, as those who want to start their post on the ship and only concern it with the ship can, and those who want to begin it even later reference their past can do so at their leisure.
Perhaps it's me, but I can't follow your wording. But the first few posts where everyone meets one another will for sure be on the ship, it seems so far.

Well, all one team for sure. But NPC leader.. like one who goes on missions with them, or more like offers information or something? Cause if going on missions, Hasaki could maybe be team leader if for no other reason I don't have two GMPCs
I was thinking leader like the teams from Naruto have. That said, it sounds like you've a different plan, some I'm good for that. :)
Perhaps it's me, but I can't follow your wording. But the first few posts where everyone meets one another will for sure be on the ship, it seems so far.
Lol sorry. I can't really figure how to word it better.

I was thinking leader like the teams from Naruto have. That said, it sounds like you've a different plan, some I'm good for that. :)
Yeah, thinking either there's no official leader, Hasaki is named leader, or there's a more intelligence-officer style of leader

Lol sorry. I can't really figure how to word it better.
Reading it through again, it seems like you're saying that if people want to either do some flashback, or just ship-based stuff before meeting the team, they can?

Teams usually only had a Jonin leader if it was a team of Genin. Chuunin are at the rank that they can be made into team leaders, so typically a team full of Chuunin would decide amongst themselves who the team leader is.

Also thanks for everyone's feedback about the third character situation. I'll get working on typing out the profiles after work.

As for the starting point, I also agree that we should start on the ship, before they've realized that their job won't be so simple. I also vote that teams have been assigned while they were on their way to the Stolen Lands, as it'd be the perfect chance for teams to meet for the first time to discuss formations, strategies, and get to know each other in general (as the IC reasons)

Reading it through again, it seems like you're saying that if people want to either do some flashback, or just ship-based stuff before meeting the team, they can?
There ya go.

Here's another question. Why are we team Omega? Are we expected to not do well? Is it just numbering? Something else?

adore-shao-lin-zu-qiu-stephen-chow-xUNda3P1PoGNMnDPUI

NAME
Aiji Dream-Hand

APPEARANCE
Aiji is fairly unremarkable in appearance, standing not a hair above 5'6" and weighing perhaps 150lbs. Easily labeled scrawny, his lean limbs regularly get him into trouble that even his disarming smile has trouble extracting him from. He wears yellow most regularly, finding that, though the color is usually less than ideal for hiding, it works best with his illusions. His arms up to his elbow are covered in healed burns and scars: the results of his experimentation with explosives.

PERSONALITY
Aiji tries to be thoughtful. He really does. But the future is rarely of great importance to him. A thrill seeker, Aiji constantly seeks a challenge. And when the opportunity presents itself, all consideration for anything else falls by the wayside. More than once, it has cost him injury to his body. But he is as quickly at it again as soon as he has recovered.

HISTORY
Insatiable curiosity and unconcerned recklessness rarely make for good bedfellows. Trouble is almost always the result of their marriage, and Aiji was no exception. The son of a scout and a scientist, he picked up from a young age the primary trait of each parent, and was soon something of an unintentional terror to his family, the Dream-hand clan, masters of Genjutsu.

But his spirit was not squashed but rather encouraged, and though his mother regularly worried herself sick, Aiji proved clever and quick. Though he had trouble progressing as a Genin due to a lack of coordination and the resulting inefficiency at Taijutsu, he pushed through, finally reaching the level of Chunin, if perhaps a few years behind his peers. He returned to his clan in celebration, and there he remained for sometime, putting his knowledge of explosions to use in securing the village against outsiders.

But this was a task easily done, and quickly, and Aiji soon became bored. So, when news of a scouting expedition into bandit-controlled territory came, he jumped at the chance. He was eager to put his mind to work, and his hands. So he volunteered, much to his mother's chagrin, and was soon bidding them farewell as he boarded the ship to unknown lands.

WEAPONS
•Melee - Aiji is armed with the standard ninja fare: shuriken, kunai, and even a few throwing needles for more precise application.

•Explosives - Blessed, or perhaps cursed, with an insatiable desire to see things blow up, Aiji keeps innumerable explosive tags on his person which he uses in combat with his more considered fighting style. He also keeps a few smaller summoning scrolls on his person in order to access some larger charges, should the need arise: everything from fireworks to barrels full of gunpowder. To facilitate the use of these larger explosives, he also carries a flint.

JUTSUS
•Taijutsu - His skill is unremarkable. Able to hold his own against a single average opponent, Aiji has trouble managing with Taijutsu alone against a more determined enemy.
•Ninjutsu - Slightly more skilled in Ninjutsu, Aiji has become fairly accomplished in substitution techniques in particular, with average capabilities in others. Interestingly, he has begun to display a propensity for Air-focused Ninjutsu, though any real talent beyond sheer luck and instinct has yet to seriously manifest.
•Genjutsu - Of the three areas, Aiji has found a real talent with Genjutsu, a propensity carried over through familial training. Highly capable of weaving illusions and falsehoods, he has come to mix this skill with his preferred method of strategic withdrawal in fighting.

Last edited:
Here's another question. Why are we team Omega? Are we expected to not do well? Is it just numbering? Something else?
If you're asking us if we have any ideas to pitch, I have one! It could be that our Team wasn't originally titled Omega, but that the rumor that it was filled with a bunch of clan abnormals spread around and they were given that title by their peers

also @Red Thunder it looks like one of your images isn't showing up

@Red Thunder indeed, your first picture isn't showing. Also, I had asked for your sheet to be PMed first. No big issue, since everything seems to be okay, but just for future reference :)

If you're asking us if we have any ideas to pitch, I have one! It could be that our Team wasn't originally titled Omega, but that the rumor that it was filled with a bunch of clan abnormals spread around and they were given that title by their peers
Hmmm... That is quite possible!

@Red Thunder indeed, your first picture isn't showing. Also, I had asked for your sheet to be PMed first. No big issue, since everything seems to be okay, but just for future reference :)
My apologies. I posted it late at night, so I didn't remember to do that. Very sorry!

Yeah it loaded badly from the website I tried to use, which is why there's a second picture. For some reason, I can't delete the first. Oh well.

Yeah it loaded badly from the website I tried to use, which is why there's a second picture. For some reason, I can't delete the first. Oh well.
By the look of things the url is dead. I recommend editing out the code that links it

By the look of things the url is dead. I recommend editing out the code that links it
I've tried a few times. For some reason, I can't see it to delete it. But I'm not concerned; it's not hurting anything.

I've tried a few times. For some reason, I can't see it to delete it. But I'm not concerned; it's not hurting anything.
That's weird. Did you make sure to hit Save when you edited it? Have you tried after refreshing the page?

That's weird. Did you make sure to hit Save when you edited it? Have you tried after refreshing the page?
Yep