Nine Month Sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lydia was grateful for the small hug. It was the most affection she had been shown in awhile. Maybe it was because the girl feared affection. Her own mother couldn't even touch her without a small flinch from Lydia's tense body. Lydia acted pretty calm most of the time but ever since that night she was scared of everyone. She didn't trust anyone, and she wouldn't let anyone ever hurt her or her unborn child ever again. When Tian pulled away Lydia smiled and let out a soft laugh. "thank you, it's been difficult.. but I'm dealing. I have to be strong, if not for myself for my child." She said looking down at her growing stomach and smiling softly. It was the first time she had called the life inside her, "her child". It felt nice.. loving. That's what every child needed after all, love. But was Lydia the one to give this child all the love it deserved.. That she didn't know. "Oh! How lovely!" She said with a excited bounce and claps of her small hands. She would know someone near her in case of an emergency! "I'm about 2 months along and you?" She asked, inspecting Luhan as she did to have a guess ready. When Luhan spoke she looked up at him. Something about him seemed kind, and different. How many guys did Lydia know who would give up a care free life to help a pregnant girl out? One, and she was looking at him. "That would be lovely, actually my feet are starting to get a little tired. Not used to all the extra weight I guess." She joked as she smiled and said "Lead the way"

Reactions: XiaoLu
[BCOLOR=transparent]TianYi~[/BCOLOR]

She smiled, "It will get easier, after all, we're here to support each other right?" It warmed her ears the way Lydia talked about her child. Tian could feel Luhan smile softly from looking up at him when Lydia bounced up with earnest excitement. When Lydia told her she was two months along, the teen smiled, "I'm nearly three months along." Tian rested her hands on her bump, feeling her baby underneath her arms. She knew that she was quite a bit larger than someone who was about three months along. Her family had been surprised that she had been able to hide the fact that she had been pregnant for that long, but Tian was even more surprised that she had been able to fit in her previous jeans.

Relieved with the fact that her brother had offered to let them go sit down and talk, she walked behind him, letting him lead the way to their room. Upon entering she realized she quite liked the clean white decor of the room. Walking over to the bed beside the window, she took a seat, patting down the area for Lydia and motioning for her to come over as well. As the month had passed, Tian's feet and ankles had swelled up just a touch, most likely from the extra weight that she had gained in the past few months. Sighing with contentment at having her feet off the ground, she crossed her legs underneath her belly, her shirt hiding her frame well.

Despite being comfortable, she could hear someone outside yelling for the girls to gather. Sighing again, Tian got up, stretching, before heading outside to the dining area. The same woman who had given her the tour of the house stood there. "I would like to go over some ground rules before you settle down."

[BCOLOR=transparent]LuHan~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
luhan.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

It startled Luhan slightly, watching as his sister cradled her small, but growing belly. It was quite rare seeing his sister display any sort of affection towards her unborn child. Usually, she regarded her stomach with a slight look of contempt. It worried him slightly though, because Tian had confided in him her struggle with the decision of giving up the child or keeping the child.

Looking back at Lydia, Luhan smiled before leading the way to their room. Holding out the door, "After you." As he and Tian had just gotten comfortable, he could hear the lady that had given everybody the tour from before. Standing up, he opened the door, before walking towards the dining room where the lady was. "Any names in mind yet?"

The lady stood up, and began speaking. "Welcome to the Safe House, a house for young mothers. Here you will stay here as you experience the joys of motherhood. Before you get settled down, I must go over some ground rules. A mother and father to be are not to be in the same bed, but they may have the same room. There will be no judging. While there is no dress code, we will not have you running about naked. No drug use. No sexual activity. You will have to pay the bills, which comes to about $150 every month. You must come back before 10 PM.

"You must also go to school. It doesn't matter if you go here or at a public school, you will receive a proper education. You will also be assigned jobs here. Some will cook, others will clean certain rooms, and some can babysit children, etc. I have the sign up sheet here." She held up a sheet of paper. "Before I forget, your fees will be collected at the end of every month at the front desk."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage
Sage smiled at Kelley. "Nice to meet you. Sage," she added to inform the girl of her name. "I'm about three months along...and I'm 17 too! But yeah, three months, so I know by now not only how many there are but also what gender. Twins, girls, actually. I'm guessing you don't know the gender yet? Any idea how many?" Sage asked Kelley, her interest piquing slightly. "Are you keeping them or it?" Sage wasn't sure what she was going to do with Rose and Lily yet--they were, after all, the product of something she wanted to forget. But at the same time...they were hers. She couldn't make up her mind, but she knew which one her parents would stand behind. "And did you think of any names yet?" As Kelley looked away, she added, "I guess you don't have siblings? I'm sorry. That's too bad..." Sage really did feel bad. She didn't know what she would do here without Dawn--Dawn was the one who had kept her sane through this entire ordeal. Sure, she was only fourteen, but without the comforting and familiar presence of her younger sister throughout all of this, Sage wasn't sure what she would have done or where she would be. She did wish Dawn would worry less, and she wished this hadn't happened because of how much Dawn looked up to her, but Dawn was her rock, in a strange way.

Dawn
Dawn hummed to herself as she wandered and belatedly realized she'd not gotten her job or heard the rules yet. Oh. Crap. She made her way to the dining room to listen to the ground rules and get her job. She approached the woman she presumed to be handing out jobs and such and waited to hear the rules and all, looking around for Sage, who she knew should also be here.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Me and her are ten years apart. I'm sixteen, so that would make Tracy...Twenty-Six." Angela replied in response to Sage's question about the sisters' ages. When she said that Angela was very pretty, Tracy seemed very happy with it. Hopefully now, Angela won't feel too insecure about the pregnancy. Because it was already hard enough as it is. When Kelly asked how far along they were, Angela answered after Sage. "30 weeks, it's a girl. And I do plan on keeping her. My parents don't really agree." She frowned at the thought. Ever since she got pregnant, her parents have been treating her horribly and everyone's lives have been turned upside-down too. Concerning names for her soon-to-be-born daughter, she wondered. "I've been really indecisive about that actually."

Kelly shook her head "No idea on either front there, but i'm guessing one from how small i still am. and i'm thinking of giving it up. That way we could both still have a life after this" She said with a slight shrug, when she had told her parents about her plan, they had been ecstatic and Matt had been relived, even if he didn't tell her, she could tell. When Sage asked about names, Kelly shook her head again "I don't know the gender yet so i don't have any way to narrow it down yet so right now i have like 500 names" She said with a light laugh. Kelly had also not decided if she even was going to name the baby, what was the point if some other family was gonna name her child another name after all. "Oh, you don't have to be sorry, being an only child is kinda cool in a way" Kelly said with a smile. When she heard someone yelling for the girls to gather she rasied an eyebrow "I guess we should go listen to the rules and stuff" She said to the others before starting to walk towards the cafeteria.

Sage
Sage smiled. "That's sweet that you're keeping her. I'm thinking Rose and Lily for mine, but who knows, it might change as time goes on. I appreciate Kelly's thing, though--I don't know if I'm really old enough to be able to handle two little girls. And I want them to have good lives...but at the same time..." Sage shook her head slightly. She didn't want to burden these three nice people with her problems pertaining to making her decision about whether or not to keep her babies. "Oh, yeah, we should go, I guess." Sage nodded and followed Kelly. "So what was it like, being an only child? I don't know what I'd have done without Dawn.... Dawn! Hey, Dawn, c'mere!" She sighed and nodded in the direction of her sister, who didn't seem to hear her, probably because she was still a bit too far away. "That's my sister, Dawn...anyway, you can probably meet her later. She's fourteen, though, so I'm not sure how well she'll get along with anyone here....honestly, I'm a little worried," Sage confided in Kelly. She rested a hand on her belly and waited to hear what the woman was talking about. Rules and the like, probably, which were important but a little boring. Sage sighed. She knew she was lucky to be here, so she would do her utmost best to give the woman her full attention.

Kelly shrugged "It's ok i guess. I mean i never had to fight over toys with anyone and the maids sometimes brought their kids so its not like i was always alone or anything." When Sage pointed out her sister Kelly nodded, "I'm sure she'll be fine, there's bound to be a few girls closer to her age around here somewhere" She said with a small smile. When they got to where the lady was talking, Kelly made sure to listen close. She was planning on staying here for schooling, it was easier. Though she was intrigued by what her job here would be.

Lydia nodded and followed the dynamic sibling duo to their room. Much like Lydia's own room, however there were two beds instead of a single twin bed like hers. As Luhan held the door open for her she smiled at him. "thank you" She said softly. Sitting in the spot next to Tian she smiled and rubbed the bottom of her foot. Her tiny feet were a little red and swollen but nothing to bad as of now. "Three months huh? Wow we are pretty close. You hardly even look like you're showing at all." She commented as she looked down at Tian and then back over at Luhan as a general meeting was called. "Ugh just my luck" She said with a huff of annoyance as she pushed herself back up. Walking towards the door she walked beside Luhan as she said. "Names? Oh.. Well I don't know the gender... but between you and me I want a girl and I'd love to name her Evangeline." She whispered to him as if it were some grand secret before giggling and sitting down on the arm of the couch to listen. After a quick run down of the list of requirements she looked to Tian and said. "Wannna sign up for chores together?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]TianYi~[/BCOLOR]

Tian smiled, "My shirt hides it, but I can hardly fit into my old jeans anymore." Her stomach had swelled up quite a bit, yet, she was still able to hide it, though it didn't look like it for long. "Maybe our kids could be friends." Tian joked lightheartedly, she didn't want to let anyone know that she was thinking of giving up her child for adoption. She knew Luhan suspected the decision, but it wouldn't work out very well. She wouldn't be able to continue school, it would be hard to find a job, no one wanted to marry a woman who already had a child, and her financial status would be in shambles.

Letting Luhan and Lydia walk behind her, she let them have their conversation, content to just watch the environment beside her. Resting her hand on her belly, before taking a seat down on one of the chairs in the dining area before listening to the lady. "Sure, anything in mind? I think cooking and baking would be fun, but that's just the elderly lady within me speaking." Tian added a laugh at the end.

[BCOLOR=transparent]LuHan~[/BCOLOR]

"No problem." He replied. "Evangeline is a lovely name, a lot of nicknames to choose from as well." Luhan smiled softly, "Since you told me, Tian's thinking of naming her baby Kaiden if it's a boy. She doesn't quite know just yet." Settling down in the chair, he could see there were many others who had joined them.

"Do you know what job you want to take yet?"

((Sorry about the shortness, not enough time.. -^-))

(Sorry for being gone for a thousand years. Sorry if I was holding everyone back!)

From what she was hearing, Angela was a little sad on the inside, especially since the other girls all seemed like they were going to be giving up their kids after childbirth. Like she was the only one that was going to be keeping, and raising, her child. Then again, she was already attached to her baby, so giving her up for adoption was going to be a hard decision. Didn't exactly help that Tracy and Sarah were against that. When the girls all met up in the Living Room, Tracy stayed close to her little sister. Yup, she was definitely going to give Spencer a piece of her mind once he gets out of Juvenile Hall. First he gets Angela pregnant, and then he lands in Jail to avoid responsibility. At least that's what she perceived. As both girls joined everyone else in the Dining Room. Although Luhan was cute, Tracy avoided looking at him, out of respect for her husband. Good thing she had her wedding band on as well, which meant that she was off-limits. Being estranged from Mom and Dad was a little tough. Hopefully they weren't making the lives of Sarah and Brandon a living hell...Both girls listened to the Elder Lady quietly. Tracy knew that she can be quite helpful, knowing that it was tough for Angela to walk and stand considering how far along she was compared to the other girls. What jobs to take, both girls wondered.

Sage and Dawn
Sage sighed as the woman finished speaking. School, ugh, and she still had to find a job, and she'd probably be doing school here with Dawn, and she would have to squeeze in work to be able to make that kind of money in order to pay rent here and she would have to also find time for chores...maybe she would sign up for cooking. She was good at cooking. "I guess we better sign up for chores, then. What do you think you'll be doing?" she asked, directing the question at Kelly and Angela and Tracy. "I'm thinking of signing up for cooking. I'm pretty good at making food. Oh, and Kelly, Angela, are you guys going to school here or in public school? Dawn and I will probably go here." As she talked, her mind off the problem of keeping her baby or not for the time being, Sage began to weave her way over to the sign up sheet, where she put herself down for cooking at night. She was good with making dinner, and maybe Dawn could help her. She wondered about how you were supposed to sign up for school here--was it like homeschooling where you were just given a book and curriculum and trusted to do your work? How did that all work? Sage wasn't familiar with a system like this, although she did know a thing or two about homeschooling from one of her friends back home.
Dawn hummed as she made her way over, and smiled when she saw her sister. "Sage!"

Sage turned to see her sister. "Dawn, there you are, good timing! Kelly, Angela, Tracy, this is Dawn, and Dawn, this is Kelly, Angela and Tracy."
Dawn smiled at the three of them and waved hello. "Um, nice to meet you! I'm glad my sister is making friends..." Dawn couldn't help but feel a little upset, though--it felt like her sister was starting to abandon her for people her own age, who Dawn couldn't really get along with.

Kelly nodded "I think I'm gonna be sign up for cooking too, i'm gonna see if there's a baking option, since that seems like it would be fun" She said and listened to the question about school "I think i'm gonna stay here, it would just be easier" She said and weaved through the crowd, following Sage. She signed up for the desert baking option. She went back to where she had been and smiled at Dawn "Hello, its nice to meet you as well" She said. She was starting to think that this whole thing might not be as bad as she had originally thought. She at least had people here who were going through the same thing, even if she was one of the least far along.

Sage and Dawn
"Yeah. I'm glad Sage found some people to talk to!" Dawn forced a small smile, trying to rid herself of the feeling that she was being replaced. Maybe she could be friends with Kelly like Sage was probably going to be, and then she wouldn't have to be left out or anything! She'd overheard Kelly's comment about going to school here, and added, "I'm going to school here too, and so is Sage, I bet. Right, Sage?" As she waited for Sage to answer, she turned and signed on to help Sage with cooking dinner.
Sage nodded. "Yup! But we should probably ask that lady about how that works. And figure out where we sign up to go to school and stuff...I mean, I know how homeschooling works, kinda, but I'm not sure what we should do here. Oh, and Kelly, there is a baking option if you want to sign up for that!" Sage smiled at Kelly.

"Oh, you're going to do baking? Awesome. Baking's cool." Dawn smiled, this time a real smile. Dawn loved baking--it was her favorite thing to do. "I know I signed up to help Sage with cooking dinner and all, but do you want any help with the baking? I really love baking, it's my favorite thing, and if you need an assistant I'm happy to help out."

Seeing that the cooking was all set, neither Angela nor Tracy worried too much about it. Tracy was a decent cook, but she wasn't super into it like most people were. Both girls signed up for the cleaning, namely Dishwashing. Although it required a lot of standing, which Angela abhorred, she didn't really mind since she did the dishes quite often when she was still living with Mom and Dad. Sadly the girls weren't all that social. Although she was married, Tracy thought Luhan was kinda cute. But of course, she kept that to herself to respect her husband. Suddenly, Angela held onto her stomach and winced in pain. Already laying on her sister's shoulder, she pecked her sister's neck. Tracy looked down, and saw that she was holding her belly, also having trouble standing, so she provided support for Angela to help her remain standing, since taking a fall this far into the pregnancy would definitely hurt the baby. "Are you alright, sis?" She asked, feeling around her sister's belly.

Kelly shrugged "I mean, I'm sure other people will sign up for it but you can always change jobs so that your baking if its really something you like" She said with a small smile.She turned back to Sage "yeah, I'm wondering about that too, I want to know what its gonna be like" She saw Angela leaning against her sister and raised an eyebrow "Um, Are you alright?" She asked. Angela didn't look like she was labor which was good at least, since even though she further along, she wasn't yet full term.

Honestly, Angela looked like she was about to cry, which left Tracy in a state of concern. However, she could understand what Angela was going through, since she already did so herself...Twice. From what Tracy could tell from feeling her little sister's belly, Angela was having a few mild contractions. If anything, Stress and Depression were most likely causing them. Angela then took a few deep breaths, inhaling through her nose and exhaling through her mouth. She just needed some rest and Tracy knew that. "I'm fine...I think." She responded, to both her Sister and to Kelly. To help comfort her sister, Tracy slowly started caressing the ever-growing belly before giving it a quick kiss. "Now go ahead and sit down. Here, let me help." After signing up for more cleaning, putting most of the responsibility on herself, Tracy helped Angela into their own bedroom and she sat down on her bed. Relaxing herself, the expecting teen stretched out her legs and leaned back against her pillows, relieving the backache she had. Angela looked down at her swollen stomach and held it. "You're gonna be worth it, but I don't wanna feel like this anymore..." she cried, gently caressing it as she relaxed. Tracy frowned, seeing her little sister in pain. "Go ahead and rest, I'll be back in a bit." Tracy left the room so she can give her some peace and quiet, rejoining the other girls.

Last edited:
Sage and Dawn
Sage frowned, watching Angela go. "Gosh, I hope she's okay...." When Tracy came back, Sage immediately turned and, in unison with her sister, asked, "Is Angela okay?" Glancing at Dawn, the two sisters exchanged a small smile at the fact that they'd spoken in unison, and then Sage turned back to Tracy. "She will be okay, right? It's nothing serious?" Angela didn't seem that far along, but then again neither was Sage, and her feet were killing her right now.
Dawn sighed and went off to find the woman. "I hope Angela's okay, but I'm going to go ask about how we sign up for school here," she said to Sage, Kelly and Tracy. "Be right back." Finding the lady who'd given out the rules, she addressed her with the question, "Um, excuse me, how do we sign up to go to school here instead of at the public school? Me and a few other girls were wondering."

Kelly nodded "yeah I hope shes ok too" When Angela came back she kept quiet since she felt having three people all say the same thing wasn't needed. When Dawn left to go ask someone about school, Kelly turned to Sage "this is actually starting to feel real and its so weird" She said with a smile. She knew it sounded dumb, of course it had sounded weird that something hadn't become real until she came here but it was true. There hadn't been any reason for her to actually believe in something when she was still at home and it could all be believed to be a dream.

While Angela settled in for a nap, Tracy looked back at the room before looking back at the girls. "Yeah, she'll be fine. She's just been really...emotionally distressed. And...She was diagnosed with severe depression last week." Tracy replied, frowning. When Dawn left to go ask about the girls' academics, Tracy wondered. "I just have to keep a close eye on her. Every other week, I take her to Therapy too. Its tough, but the way our parents treated her over the past six months or so, I'd be depressed too. And if you need any help, Sage, I'm here. I'm a Midwife and I have two kids of my own, so...Yeah." Tracy was willing to offer medical advice since she was already doing so for Angela. Having gone through pregnancy twice already as well as experience in prenatal care, the girls were lucky that they were not spending thousands of dollars on medical care and whatnot.

Sage
Sage blinked. "R-really? That would be amazing of you..." She wasn't expecting Tracy to be her midwife too or anything, but a person who had medical knowledge about what to do during a pregnancy and could offer medical advice for being pregnant and things like that would be helpful. Especially the way Sage had been feeling lately, she was starting to wonder what was going on...but never mind that for now. "I'm sorry about Angela's situation. My parents haven't exactly been the most supportive either...but at least I have Dawn. I feel so bad for burdening her, though, she's my little sister, I'm supposed to look after her, not the other way around...but I guess it can't be helped now..." Sage thought about it for a minute and then asked, "Where does Angela go to therapy, if you don't mind my asking? I've been...kind of...looking for a place..." She really needed to talk to someone about what had happened, and she wasn't about to discuss that with her little sister--it was something Dawn didn't need to hear about--and she also wanted to talk to someone about how she'd been feeling lately. Thinking about it, Sage sighed wearily, debating going to lay down in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.