1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
In the furthest reaches of Hell, where the greatest prayer-wheels spin and howl, where towering shrines belch sweet smoke or flow with sunlike nectar, where the the great spires of the Ur-City are shrouded from sight, there is a monastery of little repute.

Here, where the blasted plains meet the icy seas and the shadows speak in riddles, the monks have painstakingly devised an alphabet of sigils inscrutable to any but themselves. They meditate inwardly through prayer and outwardly through practice of martial arts. They tend frightful gardens and maintain terrifying shrines. For uncounted ages they have transcribed name after name upon a limitless scroll made from the flesh of a terrible beast, for their purpose is to record every name the Creator may have.

Now, their task is ended. The scroll is complete. All that remains is for one of the monks make the perilous journey across Hell's vast interior to the Temple Prime in Pandemonium, the Ur-City. They do not question the result of this act nor contemplate it, and once the pilgrim is chosen they will destroy themselves.

But Hell stretches beyond mortal comprehension; time and distance are malleable, easily bent to the whims of whatever great Demon rules any given patch of sea, sky, or land. It will be a long and arduous trek for a lone monk. Who will accompany them on their journey, and to what end?

------------------------
CHARACTER INDEX:
A game of strangeness, adventure, and high-flying wire-fu combat across the inward face of Hell using the Crucible system.

No more than five players. Details of the monastery can be settled upon based on character concepts for the potential monk. While you may find a Demon easiest to pick up and play in this context, I'm willing to permit mortals, Magi, and even a Vampire if someone makes a compelling pitch.

Despite the apparent protagonist nature of the monk, this will be an ensemble story so strong personal motivations for every character are vital and everyone will receive equal 'screentime'.

Prior experience an asset but not mandatory. Newbies welcome to apply. Please post character concepts or ask questions in this thread and wait to be confirmed.

Some more info: Crucible: Hellbound

@Chaka @FuzzMonster @Ragoza @Sideris @Silvertongued

Last edited:
I believe I have four. A fifth would be welcome.

Two open slots, welcome to all comers.

Just a sort of note to myself: My character's whole ordeal is trying to find some measure of meaning in the menagerie that is Hell. Part of this travail is for something of meaning to finally come of his existence. He's a Lightbearer, an honored warrior, but there is a dissonance in his head that nothing will come of that until his death. But there has been no war or battle suited for his killing. Therefore he will undertake this long journey to Pandemonium, before the Principles, and have them witness his ending.

Reactions: Cirno and Excession
Could do with another couple of players.

I've never worked in a plot that looks so D and D-esque, but this sounds like a lot of fun, if you'd have me!

Welcome aboard. We've got a pacifist monk, a swordsmaster, and a shrine maiden.
If you've got any ideas, questions, or requests for assistance, drop me a line!

Got room for more kung-fu fighting demons.