Nightraven High School (Full)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but normal monsters presumably aren't immune to time stop. Or C4.

And if you need to use some super duper beat everyone power to keep authority over students, you probably don't have their respect, which is important.
Look, I was once an old blind guy in one game. But because I acted like a cool dude, was likable, and acted wise, I became like a father figure for the group.

Yeah, but normal monsters presumably aren't immune to time stop. Or C4.

And if you need to use some super duper beat everyone power to keep authority over students, you probably don't have their respect, which is important.
Look, I was once an old blind guy in one game. But because I acted like a cool dude, was likable, and acted wise, I became like a father figure for the group.

Dude, it's to keep people from Godmodding. You are thinking way too hard about how intend to use that power. The RP would be no fun if I just handled everything. There is no reason for the RP to live if it were that easy. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here. I'm doing the best I can.

Name: Gregory Thompson

Grade: 10

Power: Control and predict the outcome of a coin flip, card draw, or die roll with perfect accuracy (Just to clarify, this is probability manipulation limited to small objects, gambling, and the like.)

Appearance:
tumblr_lguc7mxDmf1qe4nyno1_500_large.jpg

Personality: He's altogether a pretty quiet guy- mostly stemming from the lack of confidence brought on by his (admittedly lackluster) powers. If you can get him gambling, though, he's more than willing to open up for a while. Usually, though, he just sits off to the side and reads one of the old comic books (by god does he love comic books) he keeps in a big box underneath his bed.

Biography: Gregory hasn't had a particularly hard life all things considered, save for some bullying and general childhood crappiness, but when he learned about his powers he was overjoyed! He'd finally get to be some kind of superhero, just like in the comics!
Needless to say, Greg found himself disappointed. For one thing, school is still school, it's just that he runs the risk of horrible dismemberment in addition to poor test scores. For another, everyone had these crazy powers while he can... gamble. Whoop-de-doo.

Other: He's in Fine Arts and Art of Life
Just for reference, he transferred to Nightraven about halfway through freshman year.

Last edited:
Dude, it's to keep people from Godmodding. You are thinking way too hard about how intend to use that power. The RP would be no fun if I just handled everything. There is no reason for the RP to live if it were that easy.
Can't really blame him for the reaction. I've seen way too many RPs where the GM throws out all kinds of crazy stuff that's way above the PCs power level, resulting in people just being overwhelmed or not being able to do much while the NPCs mess with each other. It's kind of a really awful boring thing to sit through.

Not saying you're going to do that, of course. Just that it is something that happens.

put some of that power into devices or locations. If the school had a field that could neutralize both kinds of powers it would explain why they haven't been slaughtered by the magic realm, and why they can't really do much outside the school.

Reactions: Sans
I can't say I blame him either. But I don't plan on throwing ridiculously hard obstacles in the way. I'm just trying to make sure it's fair and fun for everyone.

put some of that power into devices or locations. If the school had a field that could neutralize both kinds of powers it would explain why they haven't been slaughtered by the magic realm, and why they can't really do much outside the school.
You know, I might just do that. This way there isn't any conflict later on. I owe you one.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hey, I'd like to join this one as well if there's still room.

Name: Heidi Lerr

Grade:9th

Power: Supernatural charisma

Appearance:

Personality: (decent paragraph)Heidi is extremely confident in herself, and projects this confidence into all that she does. She is a natural-born leader and has been known to command groups of people much older than her. She has a tendency to rile herself up into a rage when speaking for copious amounts of time.

Biography: Born in Brazil to German parents, Heidi was raised by a fairly wealthy family, and was brought up believing that she was all that she could be, and strived towards it in every field. She lived happily in a South American villa, and had lots of friends, really an abnormal amount for a young foreigner. What was odd was that they all tended to do whatever she said, and believe what she told them with zealous fervor, at least until they left her presence. Strangely, not everyone was affected.
A passing radiologist was one day perturbed by massive spikes of radiation, which he traced to her. She was brought to a scientific facility for testing, but was eventually sent to a school for the supernaturally endowed.

Other:Heidi is fairly proficient at capoeira.
Classes: How to Use and Control Your Powers

The War Between Superpowers and Ordinaries

How to Handle Wicked Creatures

Dark Arts

History

Herbology

Attachments

• 5743991787_e445862693_b - Copy - Copy _2_.jpg
    5743991787_e445862693_b - Copy - Copy _2_.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have internet access at Nightraven High?

I'd like to reserve a spot,if there's one left.

Status
Not open for further replies.