Nightmares/Terrors

two dreams/nighmares I remember awakening from suddenly and vividly. I can't remember all details anymore just the moments before I awoke. I do know that I woke up shaking and literally panicked for a few moments both times.

1. At a mall or studio of some sort and trying to go home. Something is wrong with everyone though as I walk out into the nearly empty parking lot trying to avoid people. I get into my car and realize to my horror that there is someone in my back seat with me. They know that I know and are striking up a conversation with me as I try to open my car door to flee. We fight a moment and a gun is pulled out at me. I hear the BANG! and literally feel the bullet hit me in the dream (I think it was in my chest) as I finally managed to get the door open and fall out. I turn and the person shoots me a second time through the head.

Then I woke up...terrified...

2. I know the dream was much longer but honestly all I remember is that my mom and I were talking about something in my 'home' or the home in my dream. It must have been a living room area because I remember a couch and then directly back within my line of vision was the open bathroom with the bathtub and a window above it. That's all you could see of the bathroom. Anyways my mom and I are talking about this or that nothing out of the ordinary and I look up and suddenly see someone in the bathtub. It's a smaller person I think they had green decaying skin and they had chains around their neck and wrists. They were just staring at me. I started to freak out and try to get my mom to look in the direction of the bathroom and see the thing but she insists there's nothing there. So we start to argue in the dream. We don't move just argue and I'm really freaking out, terrified and shaking freaking out as I yell and scream about this thing. Each time I look up the thing moves a bit more, it's hands reaching out toward me as if pointing. Then it's outside the tub moving toward me. Still arguing. Then its a few steps from me. Still arguing. Then as it's reaching out to touch me--

I woke up trembling and hyperventilating some o_o

Any nightmares to this day that you remember?
For about a year straight I had this one particular nightmare/night terror...

I was trapped somewhere. Stuck in a train car. Felt... Frozen in sheer terror of something. I couldn't have described it to you if I tried, I only ever saw its shadow. It always goes after the people I care about most in the world and rips them apart, my imagination fills it in with screams that turn to blood gurgling... Yet I'm stuck. In abject terror of this... This thing, this intangible thing. Blood sprays, the screaming ends, even the corpse always ends up mutilated and I can hear the most unsettling of bones snapping and tissue being ripped from its home, I usually hear the internal organs splattering to the ground at some point.

I'm always able to move again when it leaves, but I never want to. I'm never able to act when it is around. It took me months to figure it out, as slowly the fear turned to curiosity. I had to understand this thing, why did my brain keep replaying this? What is it that I fear in it so? Well. When I finally forced myself to move forward at one point when it came, it was... You know what? I still can't describe what the hell it was. All I remember was its eyes and its elongated neck, it stared at me. It was me. A twisted me, a malformed me, something consumed with hatred. I figured it out then as it tried to pass me to reach its victim (Tempest in this case), but I simply stayed in its way, and it could not get past me.

Eventually, it faded away, and I never saw it in my dreams again. Unless I conjured it, obviously, but it's not a thing I like thinking about much.

I can only guess that it was a fear of what I might become if I didn't control my own hatred, a fear of the inner monster inside every person, and what it would do if it ever got loose.

Well. Dear Brain: I'll never let that happen. Sincerely: Borovski.

I've had nightmares, but none that really stood out. They are infrequent and rather tame, imo. But my daughter had a night terror once. She woke up screaming, and I tried to cradle her to get her back to sleep (she was about 2 years old at the time) and she was not having it. It scared me knowing that I could do nothing to help her. I had to lay her back down onto her bed and let her cry it out. There is no worse feeling than not knowing what you can do for your child and that thing is nothing.

I've had nightmares, but none that really stood out. They are infrequent and rather tame, imo. But my daughter had a night terror once. She woke up screaming, and I tried to cradle her to get her back to sleep (she was about 2 years old at the time) and she was not having it. It scared me knowing that I could do nothing to help her. I had to lay her back down onto her bed and let her cry it out. There is no worse feeling than not knowing what you can do for your child and that thing is nothing.
Take solace in knowing that your child was able to eventually get past it on their own and likely grow stronger as a result.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Fortunately/unfortunately the contents of my daily medicine suppress my ability to recall dreams or nightmares, so I "have none" so to speak..