Nightlings (lxngdon x EmyBear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
c h r i s t i a n
tumblr_nettersCgD1siilpjo1_400.jpg

Christian sat bolt upright when Sara appeared in the kitchen. "Hi," he said. He moved over a space so she could sit between him and Ana.

Victoria looked at Christian with an amused expression. He wanted to slap her, but he refrained from doing so. That would be stupid.

Out of both of his siblings, he had always preferred Victoria, simply because he liked to spar with her, but now that ideal was starting to change a little. He knew she would come around soon, but right now, he had nothing but resentment for his sister. She was being unnecessarily antagonising towards Sara and she knew he was annoyed at her. But it was in her nature to be brutal.​

A part of her couldn't help but laugh at how Christian reacted in her presence. But just as quickly it was squashed away as she realized this wasnt her real family.

Would they have found out by now? What were they doing? Tears threatened to soill, but she simply shook her head and walked over to the empty seat and sat down.

She fidgeted a moment, tapping her fingers along her arm. A nervous habit she'd done for so long. It was too quiet, so to break the silence she cleared her throat a little.

"So, if I may ask. How did you all become... Vampires? Where did you meet?" The word still seemed foreign to her, as if speaking it physically hurt. And she guessed in a way it did. "I just want to know more about you."

c h r i s t i a n
tumblr_nettersCgD1siilpjo1_400.jpg

The vampires looked at one another. Well, there was no harm in answering. She deserved to know.

"Storytime!" said Victoria excitedly. Christian could tell she was excited to tell her part.

"Well, I was born in 1788 in Ukraine," said Anastasia. "My father turned me and my family when I was twenty-eight. Then, ten years later, my family was killed by hunters and I was the only one who escaped." She bit her lip as she remembered the event. Jonathan put his arm around her to comfort her. "I fled to England and I met Jonathan in 1820."

"I was already a vampire," said Jonathan, picking up where Anastasia left off. "My fiancee had turned me but she died a year later. I met Ana a year after that and we hit it off." He smiled at his wife and kissed her on the side of the forehead. Anastasia beamed. "We found Christian in Russia in 1850. He was alone, a rogue, so we adopted him as our son. Well, Christian, do you wanna tell the story?"

Christian stopped chewing his fingernails out of nerves and sat up. "Um, well, I was born in Russia in 1833. I was turned by my sister when I was seventeen, in 1850. She died a few months later so I was a rogue until Anastasia and Jonathan found me, and taught me that there was a better way of life than just killing people."

There was a moment of silence. Everyone was grateful for what Anastasia and Jonathan had done for them. Christian was glad he had such lovely people to help him help Sara.

"Right, my turn!" Victoria was far too animated to tell a story as gory as hers. "And mine isn't such a snoozefest, so buckle your seatbelt, Sara. I was born in 1863 in Montana and then turned when I was twenty in 1883. My creator was a homicidal warlord who kept women as his sex slaves and wanted to take over the vampire world with his army. Luckily, I was a good enough fighter that he didn't brutally sexually assault me every day. No, I was trained to be the best damned killer in that army. I lost count of how many vampires I killed in the eighty years I fought with them. I was the best trainer in the army -- that's why they all want my help to train you. I was absolutely lethal."

"You still are lethal, babe," said James, kissing her on the cheek. "Victoria created me in '63 and we spent twenty more years fighting until we escaped and joined Ana and Jon and Christian."

There was a minute of silence before Christian spoke again. "So ... now you're all caught up."

She looked to each of them as they spoke, listening. So it seemed they all had lost something as well, or been through some awful things along the way. It lessened her worries, but not so much for her pain.

If anything, it seemed to increase with their stories, especially now knowing about them. But seeing them now, a family. Maybe she'd be happy again someday.

When they were all finished, she leaned forward on the table, her hands curled up into fists, which now held her chin up. "So you all have been around for quite some time I see. We don't age? So I'm stuck looking like this then?" She asked, more so just to keep up conversation as she really didn't know what else to say.

c h r i s t i a n
"That's correct," said Ana, nodding solemnly.

"It's the only fucking perk of this," muttered Victoria.

"What, the strength and speed and everything don't count?" asked James, bemused. "Our marriage?"

"I actually hate you," Victoria joked, smiling.

"You'll keep aging until you complete the transformation," Christian said to Sara quietly.​

She looked to Ana, then to James and Victoria with their playful chatter. She wondered how it must feel for all if them to have lived so long, yet still remained physically youthful. How hard it must be to keep such a secret from the world.

She brought a hand to her face, tapping her fingers along her cheek for a moment. She didn't have any other questions, the previous ones she had were just to help occupy her mind. Looking to all of them, she felt idle chit chat wasn't in the works, either.

She turned slightly, barely bringing Christian into view. Again, the sight of him brought mixed emotions. Anger. Betrayal. But there was still a lingering warmth as she remembered everything before this...

Maybe if she heard it from him, she'd be put at ease. She wasn't going to sleep anyways, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Getting to her feet, she bowed her head slightly. "I'll let you get back to talking, sorry if I interrupted anything."

She turned to leave, aimed for the front door. She needed fresh air before she suffocated on her own questions. But not before she gently touched Christian's arm, giving him a pleading look.

"When you get the chance, I'll be outside." Her voice had lost its bitterness, but there was still a hint of anger in her words.

Wth that, she retracted her hand and folded her arms in front of her, stepping through the front door and sinking down on the porch steps, rubbing her arms a little as the cool air hit her.

c h r i s t i a n
Christian waited until she was outside, then stood up and followed her out. He sat down beside her on the porch, hugging his legs and balancing his chin on his knees.

A million emotions were rushing through his mind. Sadness. Shame. Pain. What did he say? What was she going to say? Did she hate him? Was he meant to hate himself? He was so agonised by what he had done that he just sat there, thinking, shellshocked, for a solid two minutes, before he spoke.

"Was there something you needed to ask me?" he said quietly in a shaky voice.​

She sat there shaking, feeling how close he was to her. At his words, she felt the anger bubble over.

Turning on him, one hand raised to strike, she sat there for a moment before it fell to his chest. Gripping his shirt tightly, she forced him to look at her.

"I trusted you," she whispered, her hands trembling. "How could you do this?" She begged, her eyes brimming with tears again.

Her hands fell from his shirt, landing in her lap. She looked down from him, too exhausted at this point to even cry. "I just want to know why you chose me. "

She had trusted him. Other than the friendly pecks she shared with her friend Erik, she had never kissed a boy. Until him. And now she wondered if he had used some sort of power on her or what.

c h r i s t i a n
Christian flinched when she went to hit him. Not because he feared she would hurt him in any way, but because he had never provoked someone enough to cause them to want to hurt him. And he didn't want to hurt her.

"I ..." He thought about her question. "I ... I didn't choose you, Sara. I didn't mean for this to happen. I thought I was ... in control ..."

He sighed deeply and twisted his hair between his fingers. He was so upset, so stressed, so ashamed, that he wanted to rip the dark brown locks out with his bare hands. "I never meant for this to happen. I just ... saw you ... and we started talking ... and kissing ... and ..."

He remembered what had happened, of course; he had lost control of his instincts, his thirst. Kissing her neck, the smell of her blood ...

"I just lost control. Your blood ... it smelled so good. I'm so, so sorry." He let out a dry sob, tearless, because he couldn't cry.​

Hearing him speak, she lifted her head and stared at him. -Dammit- she muttered, watching his face as he kept talking.

It killed her to see any guy upset and hurt, and for whatever reason it hit her harder with him. She felt her body go limp. From exhaustion and frustration. She leaned over to him, taking one of his hands into her own. She couldn't let him stay upset, it just wasn't in her nature. Even those who had done her wrong in the past, she still tried helping them anyways.

"I'm sorry," she finally whispered. "I can't imagine how hard this life is for you, any of you to be honest." Letting out a breath she didn't even realize she had been holding, she leaned against him, a few tears trickling down her face. "Why... Why did you want to kiss me, though? There were plenty of other good looking girls around to talk to...." she asked innocently, staring off into the darkness.

c h r i s t i a n
Christian stared at their hands as she spoke. He was listening, of course, but his eyes were fixated on their hands. He had had a few flings over the years with human girls but he would always be surprised by their warmth; it was like holding his hand near a crackling flame. A stark contrast to his freezing skin.

And she was apologising. He felt bad again. There was absolutely no reason she should be apologising. He was the one who had just ruined her life, after all. He was the one in the wrong here. But here she was, this wonderful, kind girl, apologising to the vampire who had ripped her away from everything she had ever known.

"Why'd I kiss you?" Despite his mood he let out a short chuckle. It was funny to him -- all of this, coming down exclusively to looks. "To be honest, I came up to talk to you because I thought you were the prettiest girl there." He smiled weakly. "Every other girl there was blonde."

She laughed softly. "Not a fan of blondes then? Guess it's a good thing you kissed me before I dyed it," she joked lightly, even though she could feel the heat rising to her face at his compliment.
She finally looked down at their hands still entwined. Swallowing, she slowly slipped it from his grip and sat up straight. Why had she done that?
Confused, she tilted her head back looking to the sky. "So...." she said, voice trailing off on a breeze that blew now. "What now?"

c h r i s t i a n
"Now?" Christian bit his lip. "It's almost three in the morning. You should probably go to sleep."

Christian couldn't take it anymore. He stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets, and started walking towards the woods in front of the house. "If you need anything, let Ana know," he said to her over his shoulder. "Let me know if Victoria says anything to you, okay?"

With that, he took off running. And he didn't stop. Christian ran in the same five-mile circle for a solid twenty minutes, not wanting to stop and be alone with his thoughts, not wanting to go back to the house and look at his family. The family he had betrayed. The girl he had destroyed.

Eventually Christian stopped and tackled a mountain lion, draining the beast in a matter of seconds. If he hadn't have been so hungry when he had met Sara, the entire event would not have happened.​

Standing, she watched him as he left, nodding at his words. She stood there, until she could no longer see him. Shaking her head, she turned slowly and went back inside, her steps slow and heavy, as if each one took tremendous effort on her part.

Finally, she reached her bedroom door and paused there for a moment. Her stomach growled, and she knew if she were to get any sort of sleep, she needed to eat something first. Returning to the kitchen in hopes someone was still there, she rounded the corner and entered the kitchen again. Surely, once she did sleep, she'd wake up and this would all be a nightmare, right? Some insane, realistic, drug induced hallucination? It had to be... She didn't want to believe any of this.

Last edited:
c h r i s t i a n
Christian didn't return home until seven in the morning. He walked into his new house with his head down and his hands in his pockets. Jonathan, Victoria and James were still sitting at the kitchen table, talking quietly.

"Where's Ana?" he asked, emotionless.

"She went up to the closest school to enroll everyone."

Sara at this time had long since gone to her room, showered, and now lay buried under the blankets. What little sleep she has gotten was filled with nightmares.

For the past hour, she had laid there, the aching in her chest consuming her. Silent tears rolled down her face. What she hoped a bad dream was reality, and she couldn't escape.

She heard Christian's voice and the others talking. Sniffling, she poked her head out from under the blanket to hear better.

c h r i s t i a n
A few hours later -- with Christian and Victoria spending those two hours playing chess -- Anastasia came home. She looked physically flawless, like always, with sleek brown hair and a perfectly put-together outfit that looked like it had been peeled off the glossy pages of a fashion magazine. Ana put her bag on the side table and joined the vampires in the kitchen.

"Congratulations, Christian and James Ainsley and Victoria and Sara Kismet have been enrolled in Rosefall High School," she announced.

"Oh, joy."

"There's an open house later on in the day," continued Anastasia, ignoring Victoria's snarky comment entirely. "You all should go and try and join some clubs to blend in. Would someone like to get Sara?"

"I'll go." Christian rose to his feet. He went upstairs and lightly knocked on Sara's door. "Sara?"

The hours ticked by, and she continued in and out of sleep for the next hour. Nothing eased her pain, and she finally got tired of trying. She dug through the clothes once more, finding a somewhat suitable outfit. It was not one she would normally wear, but it would do. She was grateful, anyways, for what they had done.

She stepped into her bathroom to clean up at least, it might make her feel better. And it did as the filth and sweat and tears washed away with the warm water. Stepping out, she dressed in the jeans and top she found, then sat on the bed brushing her hair. that was when a knock at her door caught her attention, and Christian's voice was on the other side.

"Yes?" she said, walking over to the door and cracking it open a little, poking her head out, met with his face. "What's up?"

c h r i s t i a n
"Ana enrolled us," Christian explained. He cracked his knuckles as he spoke, visibly apprehensive. He felt that he and Sara had parted on good terms the night previously, and he didn't want to mess that up. "She says there's an open house at the school in a couple of hours, and she wants us all to go. Join some clubs, make some friends."

Christian had no interest in making human friends. He had tried to talk to a human. Look where that had gotten him. But Sara, in his opinion, needed to make some friends here. That would help her adjust and hopefully help her feel more at home.

"You wanna come?"

She nodded as he spoke, opening the door all the way and leaning on the door frame, arms folded in front of her. She hadn't even been in clubs back home, so she wasn't really wanting to join any here. Unless they had something that caught her attention. Friends. Her heart plummeted again. Erik. He had been her only true friend back home, and a few others she could at least count on when needed.

She chewed on her lip, trying to get her mind off her past. It was the only way she was even going to survive and make it through this.. Taking in a deep breath, she looked back to Christian, fighting the tears that threatened to rise again. "Yeah, sure. Might as well, right?" she answered, straightening herself.

Emotionally, she was still a wreck. Physically he could tell she was just as apprehensive with him near. She wasn't sure if she had said something last night to upset him, or if they were at least on decent terms, but she didn't want to make anyone here upset. "How pissed off is Victoria?" she questioned, knowing how much the other girl did not want to go back to school. Not like she could blame her. Repeating high school? Not something she would even want to do no matter how much she enjoyed learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.