Nightclub. The supernatural roams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorian walked out and coughed slightly as he stood outside. He walked over to a red motorbike and sat down on it his hands searching his pockets for his keys.

Cassidy looked to where Gar had and went pale. Seeing the many syringes and fluids nearly made her sick from mainly fear. "W-why...?!" Cassidy looked up at Gar. "Why would you have to change me or drive me insane!? How c-come you can't just force me to work at the club, huh?!" the girl tried to be assertive, but she was trembling too much to try to negotiate.

"If you change you will work at the club, you have to change becuase you won't try to escape and spread word to the human world, you see there is a small sect of mundane that DOES know about other, but is thought as a insane terrorist cell by the world over. They hunt down Other wherever there are rumors.

I and the boss don't need to worry becuase we are beyond the scope of power that can be extinguished, but the patrons of this club are not, and I will NOT ENDANGER THEM." The final words dropped into a unworldy roar of a hundred different voices.

Last edited by a moderator:
"But I'm not going to -- "

Cassidy was close to talking over Gar. But when his voice changed, Cassidy stopped short, chilled to the bone. She just stared at him for a while, but finally mustered the courage to speak again.

"Look...sir," she began. "My 'friends' ... decided to ditch me here in this city. They ... left me at a restaurant and they haven't answered back not one phone call. My mom thinks I'm at a sleepover with them right now. If you c-change me into some other mythical being and keep me at the club, Mom will call the cops to find me. They will trace my whereabouts right to this club.

"Now, either A: They come inside the club when everyone is in their mythical form and see them. or B: They find me, take me home, I end up changing to my other form unexpectedly, and then they get scared. A-A-All I ask from you is that you just me go peacefully, at the VERY least give me a ride home or money for a taxi, and pretend this night never happened..."

Camie sighed, growing tired of searching for a human without a description of the mundane's looks. Mid night struck and the creatures that was human looking but in disguise, dropped their fake appearance. "Great." She muttered. Now was the time to leave, she thought. Without finding Gar, she pushed her way through the crowd towards the exit. So much time had passed and she needed to get home before daybreak.

Finally, she shoved out the door, inhaling fresh cold air into her lungs. The parking lot was empty save for the one man on a red bike. After one glance his way, she slipped on her thin jacket. " Well hell, best start walking, Camie." She mumbled to herself, crossing her arms and starting across the lot.

"I'm beginning to think your not listening.
The last time we just let a yokel go he rounded up a bunch of crusaders and killed half our client base, then destroyed the club, we had to create a new one. This led to the crusaders torturing anyone who looked funny to try to get the location of the new club.

This period is remembered as The Spanish Inquisition. You can't forget, and you will tell eventually. The common rule would be to just kill you, BUT IM TRYING TO BE NICE."

"WELL AREN'T YOU JU--"

Cassidy stopped dead short when she realized she couldn't scream. She took her voice to a whisper. "Well aren't you just screwed all around--"

She paused again. She remembered him saying that the past Gar was talking about was the Spanish Inquisition. She knew she had studied that at school, but Cassidy could not remember a lick of it. "You said...The Spanish Inquisition right?"

"Thousands of innocent mundane tortured to gruesome death becuase I let 1 local go. Stretch racks, judas cradles, slow immersion in boiling lye, acts of sadism beyond the capabilities of even the most gruesome Others. History says it happened to look for heathens betraying the church, but the reality is much more petty. Here is a book recounting the tortures of the inquisition." Gar said, uncuffing one of her hands , and placing a old book in her lap.

Cassidy watched as Gar placed the book on her lap, listening to the story. She cringed a bit, torture to any living being was not good. She opened the book and read the first paragraph. "Most active between 1480 and 1530...Supposed to stop heresy--I remember this!"

As Cassidy was reading, she remembered the things she was tested on. She remembered that the Inquisition wanted to put a stop to other things, and not just heresy. They had went to great lengths to put an end to bigamy, blasphemy, and witchcraft.

...Cassidy stopped short at witch craft, and started to piece the puzzle together. "...Witch craft...?" she asked Gar carefully.

"Telekinesis, magic, precognition, shape shifting, fortune telling, that sort of thing.
mostly they burned any 'witches' alive, only 1/20 was actually supernatural. Our DJ pulled a woman off the burning stake and was rewarded with being betrayed by said woman after she found out he really was Other. Now he is missing three fingers and part of his tail." Gar explained, pointing to the DJ booth, occupied by a young looking black man missing both ring fingers and a pinky.

"Oh no..." Cassidy whispered. "I see..."

Cassidy continued to read the book and then after a few minutes she closed it. "...I understand...that you can't have anyone knowing about the night club...But you have to understand that I have to get back home. In my normal human body. I don't even live in the area, sir...My fri-- roommates..." she began to switch words to define the people that ditched her. "My roommates left me here at the nearby shopping district and they haven't responded to my calls since."

Gar looked at her for a moment, silently thinking in his own twisting vortex of knowledge. Suddenly thrashing tendrils and black ooze burst through his clothes, engulfing them, quickly fading away to reveal a incredibly dark green business suit.

"Then let's go. I'll come with you, help wrap up your end of the old life, and help you bring your things back to the employee lodging. This is the most accommodating I can be. We can take my truck, it's old and mean, but its durable." Gar said , tossing the handcuff key to her.

"You can tell your family you moving, they can visit you... But regardless you can't tell them anything of the real truth. And it would be unwise to not change, prolonged exposure to the club is mentally corrosive for mundane."

Cassidy's eyes widened as Gar went through yet another change in form. Or rather, an abnormal clothes change. The girl barely caught the handcuff key and released herself from the metal. Standing up, there was obvious doubt written on her face. "...This doesn't seem...like a good idea...But I don't think I have a choice with this sort of compromise." She took a heavy sigh and nodded. "All right then. I'll do it."

"It isn't. If I was doing good ideas we wouldn't be having this conversation." Gar said ushering cass to the back door.

The door opened to a small suburb of above standard houses. The door they just used leading seemingly into a tiny shack.

A old behemoth of a truck was parked in front of the shack, roof being 9 feet off the ground. A dull dark green paint job that looked like it had been put on 80 years ago. A roll cage Inplace instead of a normal cabin, side windows laced with chickenwire, and a unidentifiable leather as the interior.

"This little community is the employee housing. THIS is my truck, I call her..... wait probably shouldn't speak my tongue to mundane. Nevermind." Gar said, climbing up into his truck and opening the passenger seat and waiting for cass to get in.
"So were are we going?"

Cassidy stifled a bit of a snicker at his comment. She followed Gar out to the suburb and looked around. "O-Oh? I see..." the girl continued looking around curiously, but climbed in once the door to his truck was open.

"Ah...we're going to 50 west Cherry drive..." she then said softly. Cassidy wasn't feeling too comfortable about being in a car/truck with anyone she barely knew. But there was no doubt that this event was not a prank set up for someone.

They drove for a long while, about an hour, the suburb being hidden in a forest about that long out of town. Then they pulled up to an address not belonging to cass, but her "friends" address.

"Stay here."

Gar walked in and for a bit it was quiet. Then a sudden burst of hysterical screams, then a few different voices sobbing aloud. Gar walked back to the truck and got back in. Sitting down in the truck he turned to cass, who looked extremely worried.

"Oh calm down, their minds will just block out the last week, and even if they don't, I planted 8 sheets of LSD in their bedrooms, so they will think it was the LSD." Gar said with a evil smirk on his face, terrifying people was his favorite activity.

He then drove to her address , pulling into the drive way, getting out and lowering the tailgate.

"Let's get packing then." He said while rolling his shoulders.

Cassidy looked out the window as he drove. When they pulled up to her "friend's" house, she raised an eyebrow. "Hey wait a minute...This isn't where-- eh?"

She was told to wait, and she did. Cassidy was nearly dozing off until she was jolted awake from the piercing shrieks of the girls. Cassidy immediately looked out the window nearly terrified, worried that Gar had hurt them.

Cassidy listened to Gar's explanation, and her mouth fell open. "...W...Wow..." she uttered. And then her mouth fell further when she heard that Gar put drugs in their house. "...You didn't....y-you didn't!" Cassidy said, trying to stifle some shocked laughter.

Once in the driveway, she climbed out of the truck and went inside to get her things. It was a good thing that she was in college. Or else she would have had to have quite the explanation to give to her parents. At least they wouldn't question her too much....

...Wait...College...

Cassidy's face turned pale realizing that she had a chapter to read. "Awww CRAP." she yelled as she banged her fist against a nearby table, instantly regretting it as the pain spread onto the side of her fist.

The teal-eyed girl ran back to the truck with her things, put them in the trunk, and then climbed back inside the truck. "Well...It's packed."

"Really? No furniture? Incredibly strong abomination against reality here to help you, and you have 5 bags? Yah know we can even take the colleges furniture....take stuff from other people you hate....scare your exboyfriends for giggles."
Gar said raising an eye and eyeing the luggage, unsure about her light load.

"Eh? There's no furniture at the housing?" Cassidy was thinking that there was already furniture there, she thought wrong. "Well then...let's go back to get the furniture then? And no, we don't have to terrorize other people here," she added, with a bit of a chuckle.

"There is furniture, but I would prefer my own furniture in place of barebones modern minimilalist furniture. The boss has horrible taste in furniture, and this is coming from the man who drives THAT." Gar said pointing to his truck , then followed cass up to her dorm, moving everything that wasn't nailed down in under a hour.

Driving back to innsmouth , a name gar decided, he pulled up to house number 47, getting out and using tendrils to latch onto the furniture and carrying it in, placing them in the most appropriate rooms.
The house was two story and open aired, basic furniture already there, and a tv.

"Welcome to the neighborhood." Gar said as he left. "You start tommorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.