Night Shadow Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, of course I did! If I wasn't going to come back i would have let you known. ♥ Sorry I didn't make a reservation, didn't really see the need.
I'll take a look at Ren later and see if I agree with that.
And, great! Thank you!
Well i'm super glad you did :)
I got your info set up on the Cast List and Room Assignment as well
Feel free to take a look at it

Reactions: Brea
Mukami.Azusa.600.1525771RESIZED.jpg

Name:
Rikiya Yasahiro

(Rikiya: Strong one)
(Yasahiro: Tranquil Wise)

Demon years: 96

Type:
Demon

Student/Instructor:
Student

Powers/Abilities:
Transferring other's pain/injury onto himself
Basic control over fire, water, and air
Summoning of creatures that have a contract with him
Communication: Understanding of foreign/ancient languages including creatures and animals

Personality:
Rikiya differentiates from most stereotypical demons, he doesn't say more than he needs to and he has no interest in something that will waste his time in causing people havoc. He prefers peace and quiet and likes to learn by reading many books or by observing others(humans) around him, which has caused him to grow empathetic with their pain, sorrows, and despair. As a child, Rikiya was known to be very clumsy because of his lack of attention to his surroundings and often injured himself/brought himself into harms way, but surprisingly he always kept his composure and never panicked. Because of his clumsiness he was bullied by many demons, yet he never payed any mind to them and mostly avoided catching their stupidity. Despite being perceived as heartless for his lack of emotions or expressions of them, Rikiya is easy to get a long with( especially if you offer him food or don't do anything he dislikes) and has no problem befriending people who are patient, understanding, and reliable. Quiet as he is now, anyone who has known Rikiya in the past know that he was not as anti social as he is now because of some circumstances.

Books
Information
Food;sweets
Befriending demon like creatures
Learning knew things
Preventing a creature's/human's pain

Dislikes:
Hurting people
Conflict
Humans who are dumb/lack common sense
People who talk too much
Clingy/nosy people
Complainers

Background:
Rikiya is a pure blooded demon who was brought up to prevent chaos instead of causing it. He grew up in a peaceful family with his parents and a younger sister named Tenma. Although he was bullied by other demons, he held no interest as long as his sister or family wasn't involved. Despite all that, he did have decent friends, though their morals differed greatly, the differences didn't get in the way of their acquaintances. Of course, being one of the few group of demons who pursued peace; a mass of demons were against his parent's ways and normally demons like them tend to be demoted or are forced to leave, but are most usually killed off because of lack of usefulness. Rikiya found the adult's conflicts were ridiculous for also involving the younger demons and causing a ruckus over something that they shouldn't have wasted their time on. In hopes of getting rid of him and his family, they didn't hesitate to kill his sister when she attempted to rationalize with them. Out of blind anger and despair, that day was recorded as the massacre of demons and Rikiya and his parents never returned to that territory. After leaving, a proper burial was made for his sister and Rikiya and his parents settled down away from civilization and also hiding their identity as a demon. Rikiya's parents were always aware of his interest in learning new things and they felt guilty of not providing him what he needed considering their circumstances, so they searched and discovered a school that Rikiya would be able to attend and sent him their with the only concerns of putting himself in danger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JinxMonster
If Guifei's personality is too short, do tell.

Making an instructor now.

w6La7N7.jpg

"Hi~ I have no last name so just call my Ms Helan, and today, you'll be learning how to fight... with style."

Name:
Helan

Type:
Qilin
autumnal_qilin_by_katepfeilschiefter-d5gbjgq.jpg

The Qilin is a chimerical chinese beast. Its draconic head with whiskers and antlers are most intimidating. This quadraped walks on its four hooves. Its tail is akin to that of a lion. Their scaly bodies come in a variety of colours.

The Qilin are enemies with the Sixiang race, and they have fought in wars over the past two mellenia. Their kings have suggested an arranged marriage to bridge the bonds between the two races, for they are both races that have chosen human kings in the ancient past.

Appearance:
She is a mere 1.47 metres in height and appears to be in her preteens, even though she is old and wise.

Power Control Instructor

Powers/Abilities:
Qilin, by default, have a wide range of abilities and magic. Qilin can easily phase through solid matter through magic.
They have authority over the five Chinese elements - Fire, Water, Wood, Metal and Earth. The way one utilises them varies from individual to individual.
Helan can shift into her Qilin form with ease.
It is said that Qilin can grant one fortune. This is unknown.
Qilin can manipulate qigong, a mystical force present in all living beings, much like mana. Helan prefers to blast it.
As the Qilin Princess, she has charisma over other Qilin.

Personality:
Helan is a rather kind, gentle and nice person. If you need extra lessons, she'll gladly give them. Her gentle nature doesn't really get the best of her, though.
She will always give her all, believing that overdoing things have their benefits. She is not one to accept defeat, and expects all whom she teach to be just like that.
Despite this, she is one to respect decisions and wants others to follow their heart.

Meditation

Dislikes:
Laziness
Demotivation
Being forced

Background:
Helan is the daughter of the Qilin Emperor, Zhou. This made her the Qilin Princess. Being a Princess was not as luxurious as one would imagine, as she had to learn many skills and have power fit for a Princess.
At some point of her life, she became a staff member of Night Shadow Academy.
One day, she was requested to partake in an arranged marriage with an individual of an enemy race - the Xiang. This arranged marriage was meant to prevent further war, and was not a sign of true love.
A lot could go wrong, and the poor boy was probably more worried than she was. She was recently tasked to meet the poor boy.

Extra:
As mentioned above, she is the Princess of the Qilin Empire.​

Last edited:
!!WORK IN PROGRESS!!
[bg=black]

embed.php

"Isn't it rude to ask of someone's age? Or is that only for adults...?"

"Granted, a very effeminate, or feminine, one, but a male nonetheless."

Student/Instructor
Student
"Do I seem old enough to be an instructor?"

Appearance
Yume stands at a height of 5'4" and weighs about 112 pounds, but it fluctuates very often. His build is one that is slender and effeminate. He has wiry muscles that he gets from accidental exercise. The young male has soft, feminine features that only worsens his predicament when being confused as a female. His skin is a pale complexion that only brings out his unusual golden colored eyes and plump, pink lips. His hair is an off-white color that's short and wavy in style. He has bangs that seem to only cover one of his eyes, leaving the other one exposed. With such good looks, he's been told that he could be a model as his lifelong career. When it comes to clothes, he usually wears things that is pretty genderfluid. He has a certain preference for sweaters, beanies, shorts, and combat boots.
"But you're looking at me as we speak..."

Personality
A simple way to describe Yume's personality was one of a cat's. The stereotypical personality, that is. During first encounters, the teenager happens to be pretty indifferent and cold. In other words, detached. He happens to hold people that he doesn't know an arms-length away from him and his personal life. When one does get to know him, though, he becomes a bit warmer and more affectionate towards them. He shows a caring and protective (more like possessive) side towards them. The more he knows a person, the more demanding he becomes of them for their attention. In short, people, and himself, dub him as an attention-hog. That's the more clean version of the term. Traits that don't necessarily change with the closeness of the person are Yume's trademark sarcasm, intelligence, and wittiness. Granted, his sarcasm does become more playful and less harmful when directed towards loved ones. Unfortunately, he is a moody individual and swings from raining on people's parade to being the sunshine in it. The tiger shifter is quite independent, though, and is quite proud of said trait. Although, he can be a bit prideful at times, which gets in the way of him asking for help when needed.
"A bit personal, don't you think? I mean...it's in the word."

+ Sleep
+ Snow
+ Warm Beverages
+ Cuddling
+ Movies
+ Romance
+ Surprises
+ Internet
+ Sunlight

"They're centered around me being part lion, really."

Dislikes
- Water
- Storms (rain, thunder)
- Interrupted Sleep
- Work
- Canines
- Heights
- Being Alone
- Loud Noises
- Insects
- Fighting

"This is the same as my likes."

Type
Tiger Shifter
"I'm a shape shifter, but one with a specialization. More specifically, white Bengal tigers."

Powers/Abilities
• Shifting into a white Bengal tiger
• Shifting parts of himself (ex. having just ears and a tail)
• Enhanced senses, strength, stealth, and speed
• Understanding white Bengal tigers and getting them to help him when he needs it

"I'm practically a tiger whisperer. Cool, right?"

Background
Yume is the youngest of four—two boys and two girls. His sibling and himself were both born to shape shifters, whose story of how they met could be discussed a later time. Anyway, all of his siblings were able to shift into whatever animal that they pleased. When Yume was born, the same was expected of himself, but things took a turn somewhere. While his father was confused beyond belief, his mother immediately knew why he was a 'tiger shifter'. Her great grandparents had been tiger shifters, but the gene did not carry to her generation. Sure, her grandfather might have carried it for a while, but it didn't pass on to her mother. Nor did it to her, or her own children. Well, that's what she thought. With such special abilities, Yume was soon singled out as the special child. Many would fawn over him and how different he looked from the rest of his family, and more like a white Bengal tiger. At first, he was flattered, but soon got used to said attention, becoming indifferent towards it. Fortunately for him, his siblings didn't treat him any differently, or resent him for his title. As they began to move out one by one, that's when Yume heard about Night Shadow Academy. He immediately joined, wanting to be out the house as well. With his parents suffering Empty Nest Syndrome, it was no surprised that his mother had become pregnant again and told everyone the happy news. As of right now, she was carrying triplets who were yet to be born.
"What does my past have anything to do with you?"

Extra
:.:More pictures of Yume!:.:
Meow~ | Lookie! | So cute. So precious. | Rawr!
:.:Health Ailments:.:
Hydrophobia | Allergic to pollen
:.:Nickname(s):.:
Yu-chan | Hinata | Sleepy
"Are we done now? The beaming sun is calling me for my daily nap."
[/bg]​
ALLLL DOOONNNEEE!!!

I hope you like Yume~

Reactions: JinxMonster
@Kuroshi
Accepted!
I already added him to the Cast List and Room Assignment

@Crow
I've added Chen to the Cast List and he was already assigned a room
I've added you're instructor to the Assignment list.
Though Instructors get there own house. So feel free to pick from the pictures in the Instructor Lodging link
Just let me now which one you want
Also thanks so much for making an Instructor!
I was starting to worry about if we would get any.

Once you're finished with her Skellie i'll add her to the Cast List.

@Kitsune
Awesome! I've add your character to the Cast List!

Ok Guys I believe we finally have enough to start the Rp! :stagedive:
So by 4 pm MST (6 pm EST)
I will have the IC tread up and have a starter post for you all.
I'll have the link posted here as well for you all.
I'm super excited :D

Reactions: Kitsune
It's Guifei actually

But thanketh

What is the difference between Tactics and Power Control?

Are there fighting/sparring sessions in Power Control?

EDIT: All good.

Last edited:
Ok guys!
I know i'm an hour late but I finally got the IC thread open
Here is it Night Shadow Academy IC
Yay! :stagedive:

@Crow
Sorry about that ^^;
I went ahead and added Helan to the Cast List

Tactics would be more of a strategy class, like traps and planing
Power control would be the hands on one of the two
Yes, Fighting and spars would be in Power control

Ah, then Power Control is what I am seeking.

It could be Hinata if you want (^ω^)If not, then just a random student I guess? (^_^)

Another few questions.

1. What's the schedule like? I know my character is the only teacher here now, but...

2. Is it possible to have little stories or arcs during potential Summer Vacations, if there are Summer Vacations where everyone is free to head home and enjoy themselves?

@Crow
Right now the schedule is going to be a little hectic because we only have one instructor.
I'm going to throw Lilith in to make it as interesting as possible
But for now i'll mostly be playing the other instructors.
What well do is once a class is started and i feel like it's time for a change i'll have Lilith announce the changing of classes
That way i can help everything still flow smoothly.
We can most definitely have summer breaks if you all are interested in it​

@Kitsune
If you want to that'd be great

But don't feel pressured to. I can handle it if need be.
Completely up to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.