Night School

Haze looked towards the teacher, and he took off into the hallways. He immediately scared himself silly, dashing towards the hallways with nowhere to go. Haze called "HELP!" before he found that he was only going in circles.

"Weren't you assigned a room? If you have the slip I can show you where it is, or if you lost it I suppose you could share my room.. I don't have a roommate yet."

"Awesome! Thanks Evelyn. I'd be glad to" Kasumi felt relaxed now, she looked at the sky and wished for this year to be the best.

"You're welcome. Just mind yourself when I get.. "hungry".

Chiyaki roamed the halls. There wasn't much for her to do until after dark. Perhaps she could bump into someone she would be able to talk to.

Jay kept his arms crossed as the hallways started to empty. He started to move when he accidently bumped into someone. He was a lot calmer since he'd gotten away from all the humans. "Oh, sorry."

((he bumped into Chyaki, just to be clear))

"Jay?" Kate walked along the halls. It was late, and everyone was starting to clear the hall.

"No, I'm not Jay." Chiyaki said in a very harsh tone, upset that someone had bumped into her. "You should watch where you are going." She sometimes forgot that it was harder for people to see in the dark, even though it was quite easy for her. Very often she spoke first and then thought about what she said. Realizing she was a bit too mean she took a few steps back and apologized. "I'm sorry, that was a bit rude."

"Thanks evelyn, Ha..ha..haha... and N-Nice Joke Evelyn, It's not like its allowed to eat humans here, right?. "

"No it's not allowed but as is required of my kind I brought enough blood with me to last till vacation. If I ration it right at least..."

"It's ok, I was rude earlier to my friend, I probably deserved that." His eyes glowed in the dark, slightly. He heard a noise and turned. "Hi Kate."

Kate, startled that Jay had sensed her so quickly, stuttered. "Oh, hi. I finally found you, after almost tripping over several desks...It's dark."

"Yeah." Jay watched as Kate felt along the wall and placed a hand on his shoulder.

'Calm now?' she thought to him after making sure he felt calm.

'Yeah.' he thought back. "Umm, Chiyaki, meet my friend Kate. I'm part demon, she's part...uh... fish I think. She keeps me from destroying everything I see pretty much."

Kate rolled her eyes as he called her part fish. "I'm actually part shark." She smiled, showing her pointy teeth. "I've only got one row though." She shrugged, then sat on the floor after taking another drink from her water bottle.

"Ah.. ha..haahaa... I-I see....Well.. I'm a bit tired, so... If you don't mind i'll go and rest. Go-Goodnight?"

"Do you know how to get to.. our.. room?" She said not used to having a roommate.

Kate shifted slightly, trying to stay awake.

Sensing her tiredness, Jay bid his farewells. "Goodnight Chiyaki. It was nice to meet you. If you need anything, I'm in the first room on your right, just down the hallway. Thanks." He waves, then starts to walk off, one hand slightly touching Kate's arm so she didn't fall onto her face.

"I'm not tired." Kate protested quietly.

"Yes you are." Jay opened the door to their room and waved her in. "There."

Kate walked in and collapsed on her bed. "Why where you so upset earlier? They're just humans, and only a few at that."

"I don't want to talk about it." He sat on a chair on his side of the room and leaned back, listening to his phone drummiing music into his ears.

Kate shrugged and rolled over. "Suit yourself." Then, she went to sleep.

"Hmm?? Ahh... emm, Of course.... Not. Could we go there, please? I'm a bit tired."

"Oh.. And Evelyn, Thanks again, I hope we can get along as roommates and hopefully be friends, But don't count on me when you run out of blood. haha." Kasumi laughed at her own mini joke.

"Where severyone!!?" Haze screamed, trying not to sound suspicious. "HEEEEEELP!!!!"

Jay, hearing someone yelling, quietly stood. Kate was fast asleep on her side of the room, so he left. "Hello?" He called. He followed the sound of the voice and found Haze. "What's wrong?"

High up on the roof of the school a dark figure stooped on the edge. Bryant, a muscular, dark skinned gargoyle sat as motionless as stone and watched the school silently. His horns curved back to sharp points and his talons left deep scores in the stone building. He stretched his large, black, leathery wings before folding them back to his original position. He sighed,"Maybe I shouldn't have skipped class today. Teach isn't gonna be happy with me tomorrow." Bryant was quite a solitary creature, as most gargoyles are. He spent most of his time on rooftops around the school and in the city, watching. He didnt watch anything in particular. He just watched and listened. He felt a little bad for always being aloof to everyone else but he didnt really know how to approach people. Many of the creatures resembled humans in some way but Bryant looked quite demonic. In fact he was very gentle and kind. On some mornings, birds would perch on his shoulders and he would smile peacefully, that is until they left their little presents.
Bryant had never tried to get a room in the dorms with the other students. He preferred the open sky and fresh air. A shriek pierced the silence. "HEEEEELP!!!" Bryant crawled down the wall, his tail snaking behind him, to a lower rooftop that was level with one of the dorms. He stood to his full height which was a good 6'5" and strained his small black eyes to see what the commotion was about.

"Hey, your one of those new students aren't you?" He sighed. "Calm down, what is wrong?" He tried to be gentle, like Kate, but he wasn't doing a good job.

Bryant looked through the window at two people talking in the hallway. "I bet it was a human," he said softly. "They're always jumpy when it comes to anything non-human." Before long, his curiosity got the better of him. With a grunt, Bryant jumped and glided over to the rooftop directly above the two in the hallway. He landed heavily and proceeded to crawl down the wall to the window to get a better look. His talons sounded like icepicks hitting the stone walls. He reached the window and poked his head down from above. He looked at the two intently. "Yep its a human. I don't think the other is though..." he thought to himself. One of his talons lost its grip on the wall and his head swung forward causing one of his horns to tap lightly on the window.

"I'm tired too, and don't worry about my feeding on you, if I get that desperate I'm sure the school has something for that. Need help with your suitcases?" She looked at the gargoyle in awe, she always found them intrigueing.