Night Kaleidoscope: The Enigma World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koran squinted at him and smiled as she went down the hatch "you're smarter then I thought sailor~ and here I thought all seamen were just brawn and salty sweat"

"We aren't so much brutes as people tend to paint us as..." Tarma looks back for a moment to look at some of the serious and burly sailors opting to stay on deck. He blinks as he continues and shrugs. "But I completely understand your point of view on us."

There was a small staircase leading towards a fairly decorated and rather small waiting room. Rows of chairs were lined with people sitting and eating snacks they have either prepared or have gotten from a small snack table by the side. Tarma spots the snack table filled with fruits and sandwiches provided by the crew to it's guests. Hunger had just hit him like a train. I wish I didn't leave home without breakfast. he mentally regrets until a small child rips his attention away for a moment by pulling on his pants. "Hm?"

"Hi Mister, are we there yet?" the young little boy asks, holding onto a small ivy hat that he had probably taken off before arriving. The child's inquiry broke Tarma's steel complexion for a moment with his innocence and impatience that only reminded him of himself as a child. Tarma looks back at Koran with a look that says "Wait for me a moment" and crouches down to reach the child's level, smiling softly. "We've only just begun sailing towards your next destination, boy." Then Tarma carefully takes the boy's ivy cap and places it on his head.

"Hey!" the boy exclaims, then letting off a small laugh. "Please, Mister, tell me when we get there! This place....it's...it's" the boy's face suddenly contorts with insecurity. "...it's kinda scary here."

Tarma's smile soon fades. "Your first time on a ship? Now, if it'll make you feel better, I'll let you in on a secret: I was totally afraid of boats as a young boy. I think I was younger than you when my father took me on my first sailing trip. And you know what? I was afraid too." Contrary to Tarma's arrogance and vanity, when it came to comforting others, sometimes he had to swallow those traits up and admit to things he wouldn't normally say out loud. As the boy begins to look a little more sure of himself, Tarma concludes. "Now, go enjoy some sandwiches. I'll tell you when we get there." he then looks up at Koran. "That means you too. Don't want you missing out on the navy's "best" goods." he says with some sarcasm. Although his suggestion to Koran had an ulterior motive. If she went to eat, it would be acceptable for him to grab a bite. Or at least to convince her to bring him something.

Koran had left the moment he finished talking to the kid and was devouring all the meats at the table left and right "hm? Sorry?" She said with a bit of ham hanging out of her mouth

Tarma turned around and blinked when he didn't see Koran there. The young man scanned the room for the enigmatic young girl carefully to spot her. Why would he bother? Tarma's own mind tried to comprehend that question and implications. Maybe he couldn't admit it to himself, but she was kind of fun...

There she was next to the food table making a mess. Tarma's eyes light up slightly under the implications of Koran's messy eating. As his eyes dart towards the other guests staring at her, he figured that he could sneak in a bite or two by heading to the table himself. Then picking himself off the ground, the young man stops by the table and gives a glance at Koran's direction. He /would/ scold her for eating as she was, but he couldn't help but smirk a little as his hand secretly finds it's way towards a sandwich to grab it. "Nothing, keep eating. I'll stick by here so long as you do." He immediately cuts himself off, thinking about how that sounded. Did he unintentionally sound...clingy? The young man takes a quick bite of the sandwich and sighs. "You're helping me out by letting me eat here-- let alone stand here. So I guess we're even, Koran." he says with a sly smirk on his face and a piece of tomato falling off from his mouth without his knowing.

She raised her eyebrow at him as she bit into some more meat "even...? Even for what exactly...?? Last I checked I helped you out three times!!"

Tarma crosses his arms and gives off a chuckle. "No, I do believe you've put me through quite a bit. First off, you're welcome for letting you on this ship without a boarding pass. Second, I let you get away with your flower thing--" the young man digs around his pocket, dusting off the slightly damaged flower and showing it to her. "That makes two favors, one which was paid right now by providing me an excuse to be around the food table. I'll forgive the other one." Suddenly, Tarma pins the flower on Koran's hair, giving off a sly smirk. "I think I'm right here." he says while taking a bite out of his sandwich.

Meanwhile on the observation tower, the crew had their sights at the mana storm coming right up ahead. The waves were getting rougher than usual along with it getting suddenly darker. The seas were shifting in abnormal forms, almost having a sort of distorted fuzz on it's surface.

The mana raining down had not come down yet, but instead several strikes of red lightning shot down at the ocean. Captain Jasumi rose a brow in suspicion. "Private, the doppler?"

"Seems that we're close to a storm." The sailor next to the radar said. Jasumi stood up from her seat. "No...no, I thought we were already in the middle of one. The mana storm."

Total silence ensues before Jasumi walks over to the window to look outside. The dark, almost black clouds seemed to glow slightly red, hinting at some mana being stored within them, but something was off. Then out of the blue, something struck the side of the destroyer, causing Jasumi to be tossed to the side with it's sheer force. The sailors on the deck held on to the rails. Jasumi widened her eyes in surprise, then stuttered out in realization. "W-We-- How did we get hit?! Private! The sonar! The radar! Is it detecting anything?!"

The sailor nodded hesitantly, then looking back at the devices. "Nothing is coming up on either of them, Jasumi-sama!"

"DAMNIT! We're under attack and whatever is attacking us isn't picking up on our detection systems?!" Jasumi spat out. She had no other choice as she reached for a button and pushes it. It was the alert button. "All hands on deck! Crew, prepare for surface battle!" She yells into an intercom.

Koran was moment from replying explaining how she was right when she was suddenly sent flying into the wall from the attack. She looked around worriedly and confused before looking to tarma for an explanation "this part of the tour??"

Status
Not open for further replies.