Night Doesn't Come: Choose-Your-Path Horror RP

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
So, I was playing Until Dawn and finally finished the game after giving it a whirl, and that horror game was spot on. The characters, the story, the horror, all of it was great. So I got to thinking, how cool would it be to create a horror RP based off the same dynamic, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path. As far as the horror antagonist, I was thinking the terror and theme would be a mix between Until Dawn, and Outlast (if you haven't heard of them it's okay, just check the trailers for them below. SCARY stuff.)

I was thinking of having a group of friends or characters in which one/several of the characters win a sweepstakes and get invited to this private getaway, but along the way they get served bad directions that leads them to an offpath, an old manor at the end of it. They stop to ask for directions and well.... you know the horror cliche. Except this time it won't be a creepy man or haunted houses. There's something else much darker and sinister waiting in that manor, and when they find out what...it could be too late.

The choices would come in GM posts, as you and your characters are still free to make whatever choices you wish and free play to your personalities. The choices would probably be at the end of the GM post, and then set up every characters' scenarios and path considering which character made what choice. To make it fair, I'd propose that someone else take turns GM posting with me (or we all can) that way I'm not just godding my way through without the chance of death. Just because it's a horror does not mean anyone has to die!! All depends on CHOICES. For instance:
  1. Run! Fast as you can.
  2. Stay completely still.. DO NOT MOVE
  3. Pick the nearest hiding spot and hide.
Our characters would be free to make any one of those choices depending on the circumstances, but depending on what's chosen, some characters will have good fortune, while some or one may not be so lucky. I'm definitely open to more ideas if anyone has some, as the horror antagonist(s?) have already been planned. Just wanting to see who'd be down before I put too much energy into this. But yeah this will be deep, dark, psychological terror. You've been warned.

A mix of this:

And this:

wpid-eyes_450x300.jpg

Oh HELLo yes I am in

Reactions: OppositeInverse
Very interested, I'm a big fan of Until Dawn and actions having consequences

I'm incredibly interested!!

A mixture between Until Dawn and Outlast? Count me in!