Night and Moon (LYDIA and Natasha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We don't get tired," explained Cass. "Ever. We don't even need to sleep."

"What do you do at night then?" She asked curiously, now beginning to fiddle with his hair.

"Oh, I sleep sometimes. It's just not needed. But I like dreaming. I like dreaming about ... beautiful werewolf girls with eye brighter than the moon, and blood like the rarest wine ... " He grinned.

She laughed a little bit at that. "Nice to know you dream of amazing things." She teased before looking back up at the sky again. "Does being around humans... Or any living being with blood... Make you hungry?"

His nose was still pressed to the skin of her neck, exactly where he had bitten her yesterday. He inhaled deeply before answering. "Extremely. Though it can be more accurately described as thirst. Every breath is like ice ripping up your throat, you know when you have a really cold breath mint? Like that, but a million times worse. And painful." He inhaled again, his throat burning. "But it's worth it just because of your smell ... it's mouth-watering."

She turned her gaze from the sly and looked to him as he described the feeling. "You can have some more if you want." She told him softly. Werewolves produced blood quicker than humans, so there would he no problem really, and plus, she liked it.

Cass didn't hesitate to bite her this time. He tilted his head to the side and pierced her neck, feeling a rush of drug-like euphoria as the blood rushed into his mouth. He loved it more than anything else -- except maybe her.

The feeling, as it had been the first time, was pretty great. Her eyes slid shut and she almost felt lost in it.

Till she felt the absence of his mouth from her neck.

She opened her eyes to see Landon, having picked Cass up and pinned him to a tree.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't rip your throat out right now," he growled. Lunaria could tell it wouldn't be too long till he shifted and then things would be really bad.

Cass grunted as he was pinned to the tree. The face before him was infuriated and he could tell that it was one of Luna's brothers, though he didn't know which one. It probably didn't help that his face was covered in the other man's sister's blood. And that he was fully fanged.

"I literally have no reason that would make sense to you," Cass said calmly, before taking the arm of the werewolf man and throwing it off him. He landed on the ground and zipped away. "I wasn't hurting her," he said softly. He couldn't get rid of his fangs because of the danger he was in.

Lunaria watched the scene before her and went to her brother, while looking at Cass. "Just... Run. He's going to shift and then things will get ugly." She told him urgently, whilst her brother was taking no notice of her, sheugging off her helping hand and rising to his feet to stalk over to the vampire.

"Not trying to hurt her? You were drinking her blood," he hissed, trying to take hold of Cass' neck.

Cass glanced at Lunaria as her brother reached for his throat. He didn't want to upset her, but he also didn't want to die.

Cass grabbed the wolf's arm and flipped him over so he landed face-first in the ground. "I am aware. But it wasn't hurting her. I would have had to drink for at least three minutes for it to hurt her, and hurting her is the last thing I want to do." He let go of the man's arm, darted away again and tried to make his voice sound reasonable. "Lunaria, I'll be fine."

Lunaria looked at Cass with pleasing eyes. "Go," she said, insisting that he leave so she could try to calm her brother down. At this point though he was pretty furious so she found it hard to believe that was possible. Still, she would feel much better if Cass was out of danger. "Please," she added, one more attempt.

Cass sighed an ran into the woods. However, he didn't leave; he perched on a branch and watched from above, hidden by the trees, as Lunaria talked to her brother. He hoped the smell could be explained by his previous presence.

Lunaria watched him go and then tried her best to calm her brother down, but he just stalked off, either to call her brother to help him find Cass, or to go find Cass himself. Stubbornness ran in the family. She knew there was no way he would let this go even if she tried telling him the truth. He just wouldn't believe it.

She turned and took off into the woods, trying to find Cass.

Once he knew that her brother was nowhere near her, Cass dropped to the ground in front of her and quickly put his hand over her mouth so she didn't scream. "It's just me," he said gently. He had cleaned the blood from his face, so Cass leaned down and kissed her before continuing."I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get in trouble."

Lunaria almost jumped back when Cass jumped down but once it registered in her mind that it was him, she was relieved. "It's not your fault, I told you to do it." She said, lifting her hand to trace the puncture wounds that were now almost completely healed. "Maybe you should go home. I think they're going to come back and try to catch your scent. I could burn some wolfsbane or play around with it to set them off track or at least mess with their sense of smell." She said softly, trailing a finger down his jawline absentmindedly.

He ran his fingers up and down the bare skin of her arms. "Luna, I live in the woods. They'd find me sooner or later. I might as well stay and face the music."

She shook her head. "Drive out into the city or runnto the other end of the woods. They'll give ip eventually, they can't catch a vampire as fast as you." She said, nudging his shoulder a little with her own. "Just for a little while?"

He sighed deeply. "Why should I run away and let you get in trouble for something I am completely responsible for?" He bent down and inhaled at her neck. "And you do realise that I am perfectly capable of defending myself without hurting them?"

"It's not your fault, it was mine for telling you to. I can handle them. Just throw in a little waterworks and I'll be fine." She said, chuckling a little humourlessly. "Maybe with Landon you were, but they're both going to be on your trail, and even without shifting they're bad together." She murmured.

Status
Not open for further replies.