Night and Moon (LYDIA and Natasha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good," said Cass. He was still thoughtful. "You wouldn't be able to tell if you drank it, but it's very meaty and very salty. It's like a wolf's, but slightly more humanlike. And just generally really freaking good." He paused and looked at her neck, glad to see the holes healing up. "Good, they're going away so your brothers won't be able to tell what shenanigans you've been up to. How do you feel?"

His hand was still covered in the excess blood from her neck. He sniffed it curiously and was not surprised to discover that it smelled exactly the same as it tasted. Salty and meaty.

She chuckled. "Well, my blood is absolutely flattered that it tastes so good." She said with a small smile as she thought of how to answer his question. "I feel pretty much the same now. When you were drinking though, it felt... I don't know how to put it but it didn't hurt or anything. It felt good."

She cast her gaze toward his bloodier hands and wondered what someone would say should a human happen to cross their path at that very moment. Or her brothers. The latter was less likely but they still clouded her mind. "Probably a good time to go to the waterfall." She said with a smirk, gesturing to his hands.

"Good point," nodded Cass. "I could probably just lick it off but then I would get hungry again."

They made their way to the waterfalls. They stood at the base of the small trickle of water that served as the closest thing to a waterfall in the area, and Cass rinsed his hand off under the cold stream. "Goodbye, amazing-tasting blood," said Cass as he watched the red liquid disappear into the stream. "I'm sorry if I cause any fish to die."

He turned to Luna as he shook his hand dry. "It feels good when you're bitten because of some weird natural drug we have in our saliva. It's the same thing that heals the bite and makes humans pass out. The only reason you're still awake is because werewolves are stronger than humans. And if you think it felt good for you, imagine that times forty. That's how good it feels when a vampire is bitten." Which was probably why vampires bit one another when they felt romantic. "You know, yours was probably the best I've ever tasted," he said truthfully.

Lunaria sat down on a nearby boulder that allowed the tip of her feet to touch the water, so she quickly shed her boots and let the cool water run over her toes.

She looked up at him as he spoke. "You been bit by another vampire, I'm guessing?" She asked, suggestively, a smirk following her words as she looked away from the moving water and at him.

She turned her gaze back to the stream though, at his next words. "Well, don't think that means you can feed from me whenever you want." She joked, chuckling a little, though she knew if he needed it she certainly would let him. It felt good after all, so she may even ask him.

He raised an eyebrow as he joined her on the boulder. "Of course I've been bitten by another vampire. Many times." He recalled the moments, with his pretty vampire ex-girlfriends biting him. He shook the thoughts from his head. He didn't want to think about them while he was with Luna. "Why? You jealous?"

He took her hand and held it beside his own, comparing their skin tones. "I am so pale. My skin is the same colour as my hair," he said, frowning. "Damn my albino genes. And vampireness."

Lunaria laughed a little. "Of a vampire's sweet lady kisses?" She asked, scoffing shortly after. "Werewolves are much more sensual." She teased, though she would have no idea since apsrt from her brothers she hadn't met any others of her kind.

She looked down at both their hands as he compared skin tones. He was much paler and so was his hair, as he said so, and she chuckled. "Your albino genes are what make you look good. Don't curse them." She told him with a smile. She meant it too. Being a vampire only seemed to emphasise what a sight he was to look at.

"So you're saying that I wouldn't look as good if I wasn't the same colour as a bedsheet? I'm offended, Lunaria. I thought you loved my piercing eyes and jawline sharp enough to cut apples, not my weird colouring." He laughed.

Her skin was warm, where is was probably freezing cold. He traced patterns on the back of her hand with his fingers, marvelling at the nice texture and pretty colouring, before he finally entwined their fingers. Her little hand seemed lost in his.

She stared down at their hands the whole time he traced patterns till he finally laced their fingers together.

"I'm saying that it adds to the charm." She said, clearing her throat and shifting her gaze back to his eyes. "And you're not that pale." She said with a small chuckle before casting her eyes to the sky. She seemed lost in thought once more, but she spoke. "Do you have a heartbeat?"

"No," he answered. "I'm dead, remember?"

He could feel her heartbeat, and while it made him slightly hungry, his fangs did not protrude. Rather, he took comfort in feeling her heartbeat, in knowing that he had an emotional connection to someone still alive. "Yours beats faster than humans, though."

"Well you have blood so I was just curious as to what happens to it, you know?" She said, looking back down from the sky and at their hands.

"Yeah, dogs heartbeats usually are faster." She said with a teasing tone, but it was, for the most part, true. "If it gets faster, that's when you panic." She explained. That was usually when they were set off snd they shifted, most of the time, involuntarily and as a result of emotional imbalance or mood swings.

"Our blood kind of multiplies when we lose any of it," he explained. "We don't need it though. If we were drained out it would just remake itself from saliva and other bodily fluids. We're disgusting."

He gently pressed his nose to her arm for a moment. "Now that I've tasted your blood I think I can actually smell your scent better," he noted, frowning. "I mean, the wolfsbane is wearing off for me. I can smell trees and other wolfy stuff."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"'Other wofly stuff'?" She asked with a small laugh. "What exactly do you mean by that?" She was curious to know what the term 'wolfy stuff' even meant. She didn't think they had this one particular smell, combined with various others.

"That reminds me, I need to burn some more before I go home. My brothers will smell you as soon as I walk through the door if I don't." She said, mostly to herself as a reminder.

"Trees, fur, water, nighttime, grass, rock ... basically nature, and I can tell it's from you, not the woods. You smell like the woods." He paused and sniffed her arm again. "And like you said, you all have your own scent, like us ... so, lemongrass and sage. Lots of sage."

He pouted. "Well I'm not ready to give you up yet so the Wolfsbane burning will have to take place later."

She chuckled a little bit and nodded. "I get it on the way home so that's no problem." She told him, finding it rather amusing that he could tell so much about her scent from sniffing her arm.

"Lemongrass and sage huh?" She asked. "I can't tell if that's good or bad." She laughed a little. Smelling like the woods wasn't so bad though, she supposed. It was one of her favourite places to be and she loved nature.

"Lemongrass and sage are perfectly acceptable fragrances," said Cass. "They're nice herbs. Herbs, a thing that the school cafeteria ladies have clearly never encountered in their life."

He was still holding her hand and used it to pull her along as he rose to his feet, an idea in his head. "Do you trust me?" he asked, grinning.

Lunaria laughed and nodded. "True," she said, referring to his comment about the cafeteria ladies. The food was so bland she hardly ever ate it.

She looked at him with confusion as he helped her to her feet. "Trust you?" She echoed and pausing for a moment before nodding slowly. "Yeah... Why?"

Cass grinned, slung the werewolf girl over his body like a backpack and took off running.

He wove through the trees like a character in a video game, until he reached the death canyon, where he leaped over the wide gap in the rocks in one simple bound and ran even further. Cass shot through the trees until he neared the edge of the woods. To his dismay, his foot hooked on a root and he fell to the ground with Lunaria on his back. Cass laughed and twisted around so he lay beneath her.

"I didn't mean to trip. That was embarrassing," he laughed. He put his hands on her waist and smiled again. "Though, to be honest, this isn't that bad."

Lunaria shouldn't have been so surprised when he slung her over his back, considering the amount of surprises she'd had so far that day, but she was.

The way he wove through the trees was amazing and gave her a high all at the same time. She was amazed at how he hadn't so much as brushed the bark of a single tree till he tripped snd fell. She wasn't hurt much, and her fear of him being hurt was diminished when he laughed.

"Not embarassing, although it is a compromising position." She said with a shy smile as he twisted underneath her.

"A compromising position?" he repeated, raising an eyebrow. "If anything this is exceedingly beneficial for you. I am in your power. You can do whatever you want to me and I would be powerless to stop you."

He suddenly wondered what would happen if he leaned upwards and kissed her. She would probably push him away. But he wanted to try it, to compare wolves to his past vampire exes.

"Not true," she protested with a grin. "I'm pretty sure your vampire strength would be able to stop me easily." She told him.

"Okay, maybe not easily, but you could if you wanted to." She added with a small smirk, hair falling around her face like a curtain and tickling his own face.

Status
Not open for further replies.