Nicknames and the Like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides my family, I'm not really close to anyone IRL. Online though I tend to give my friends nicknames, even if it's just a play on their usernames. Hopefully they don't mind!

hehehehe, I really like this thread.
My full name is Angela.
I HATE IT, I will be miffed if you call me by my full name. PLEASE call me Angie. I am an Angie. I have never fit in with the name Angela. :P
My boyfriend and I give each other many many many nicknames that are silly and romantic alike. I love them all.

I have been called many things:
Apple - Red hair in 6th grade (My two other friends were Caramel and Brownie)
Shorty - I am hobbit
Ang
Angie Frying Pangie
and so on.

I use nicknames if the person wants them and doesn't mind me using them. I don't assign nicknames to others very often. I don't go out much. _~_

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
  • Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
I have a few nicknames, most of them have stuck with me since childhood. Most of my family calls me "Chach" or "ChaCha", and my mother is really fond of calling me "Tricia Grace" because I am the exact opposite of graceful. Both my parents still call me "Baby Girl", so I tend to look at the word baby as simply a term of endearment and it doesn't really bother me. I am not one to give nicknames personally. I'll call people online shortened versions of their usernames because it's more convenient, but beyond that I just don't.

• Love
I tried really hard to get people to call me Nikki, but because nicknames are for friends, I always introduce myself as Nicole, so everyone just calls me by my real nameT_T

Here though I have tooo many to count D< Most I don't like. Insanity is what I try and get people call me, but @Xnijmai called me freakin' Sani and now a tone of people do that D< and people who call me Touch get bet over the head with a bag of bricks. Then there is also Toi, which I let VERY few people call me.

I also I have a friend who calls me her pocket monster :D Or pocket size.

Then my lovely boyfriend calls me Lovely :) It actually freaks me out when he uses my name, that's how often he uses my nickname.

• Love
Nicknames are cool with me so long as the person who they're used with is okay with it. Some people don't do it and I have to respect that. Some people do use nicknames, and I get it. Only person who uses their full name or birth name is a close family member or legal guardian and they'd like to keep it that way.

For me, people who know me IRL just use my birth name, and people who met me internet-first use whatever name they knew me as first. There are roughly 6 people who call me succ, 7 people who call me plates, and maybe two people online who use my birth name with me.

Nicknames are sort of weird for me. Outside of family if I don't come up with a nickname for you after a first meeting it usually means that I'm not too crazy about you. With family, I don't give nicknames and it doesn't really mean much. For me personally, I'm not bothered one way on another. Most of my family (The part of it that matters to me anyway) has a nickname for me and I've pretty much accepted the fact that it's going to be what I'm called for the rest of my life. Not crazy about it, but it's better than being called Tina Turner like I was in school. =/

• Bucket of Rainbows
People I know well have nicknames for me like Two or Mums to name some. What I don't like is when people I don't know, friends of friends of friends, hearing my close friends call me by my nicknames and feel they can do it as well. No. That makes me very uncomfortable. I'll use nicknames myself for those closest to me.

I like getting/giving nicknames.
Mine:
Cel
Casper/Cas
Red
Kat
Lynn
Katielynn
Kitten
Kitty
Uncle Kitty (from my young nephew)
Beastie and Babybear(what my mother calls me)

Given:
Mommabear
Mummymonster
Briterie (My sister Britanny)
Oogie
Little Lizard

Kyla Berry
Alyssala

(Insertnamehere)kins

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Irl I get called Red a lot....which @The Butterfly and @Fluffy also called me that for a while as well.

Melon is a nickname that good ol' Jinxiepoo @Xnijmai gave me when I first started hanging around the Cbox as a little newbling. It stuck, so I went from Melancholy to Melon. 8D Now everyone calls me Melon.

My mom also calls me Tootie

Don't ask why

: |

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Fluffy and Greenie
Reactions: Melon
Therefore, my nickname is Meep, steel, Karhu and Hyaena online. You can not say what offline, in a small part, because there is more of this work you know.

Oh dear, there are many:

Swan
Swank
Schwen
Schwenny-Boy
Joe the Tank (From a long time ago, but I still remember it.)
Rayn (LARP Charater name I am recognized by for some.)
Sasquatch Racing (Loooong story behind it)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Oh, god... Nicknames are probably the most Macedonian things ever. Hell, we can create 30 nicknames for a toilet let alone a person.

With me it varies a little.

I went from David, to Davco, Devidco, Dead, Ded, Dad, Det then finally Nova then ended up Nova Godina which means basically New Years.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Nicknames are fine and I'll use whatever ones people want, usually... unless it's weird. I've had a few of my own given by various people.

My name is Daphnée, and "née" in French is a homophone for "nez" which means "nose"... and I went to English school, so my nickname quickly became "Daphnose" for the lulz. It's what I use online now :D

People online call me all kinds of things and I find it amusing ^_^

• Love
My boyfriend calls me eunni 은니, which is a play on my korean name Eungyung 은경. He calls me this because it's just a cute nickname but it sounds very very similar to the word eonni 어니, which translates to "older sister" and is only used by younger females to older females... so it sounds very odd for him to say it in public but since we live in the US nobody understands anyway so its not a problem :3

On the flip side I call him Bunny, an we rarely use each others actual names unless we are being sooper serious.

• Love
I've been given the following nicknames: Junior(by my mother), Alica(by an online friend I had when I was like fourteen), Bellatrix(by a few of my exes), Muggles(by a teacher I had in high school), Princess Waffle(by my friend who was trying to annoy me)... There are probably others. I like being given nicknames.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.