NIC AND HIS MONOCHROME STYLE

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Captain Nic, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Oh! I saw a notice about that...someplace. I did not really realize it hit your area though. But then again I did not pay attention to the location. Hmm....

Anyways, I am fixing to work on my Bleach girl.

I also went ahead, and uploaded two pictures...although that 'gallery' is not really impressive since the pictures are so small unless you click on them, and then they are too big.

Still, I think it be neat to see some pictures of past girls together. Hmm...as for keeping them work-safe...neither of us are currently working, and since I kept this private...no else is suppose to be viewing it. And any of the admin should not be checking on the site while working in real life anyways....if one us gets a job we simply wont view that gallery while at work. So that is how I talked myself into uploading some pictures. I think as long as there no 'cum' or vagina exposed it should be fine. I am thinking about uploading that one princess rp-picture we talked about doing in the future, but I am not sure.

2. These are very good, Nic! Is that pencil, or charcoal? I can't tell....

3. 0.5 mechanical pencil, 2B lead. I trust it as much as my 0.1 technical pen, and much more than my other writing materials.

I know I have more, just haven't taken them.

4. I have so many biases that I've made a list on google docs of them. But here are just a few.
    My husbandos (open)

Dazai Osamu, Bungou Stray Dogs
    [​IMG]
    Bokuto Koutarou, Haikyuu
    [​IMG]
    Roman Torchwick, RWBY
    [​IMG]
    Okita Souji, Hakuouki
    [​IMG]
    Xerxes Break, Pandora Hearts
    [​IMG]
    Gilbert Nightray, Pandora Hearts
    [​IMG]

And some that aren't technically from anime... but are husbandos only. (open)

Jesse McCree, Overwatch
    [​IMG]
    Ace, Heart no Kuni no Alice
    [​IMG]
    Shirogane Takashi, Voltron: Legendary Defender
    [​IMG]

...Don't get me started on waifus.

5. Man, I like your style. The last one was my favorite.

6. Murder XIV: Monokuma's Awakening

The fourteenth Murder Game, hosted by Atomyk.

You wake up on a school bus driving down a lonely road deep in the Pacific Northwest. You're not sure how you got there or why-- you just don't remember. Were you kidnapped? Is it memory loss? What else could it possibly be? As you try to wrack your brain for answers, you can't help but notice that this bus is packed with other people and you likely don't recognize a single one of them.

As the bus winds its way along the forest road, you soon find it's on its way toward a quaint little town called Bright Falls. No one can be sure if they've heard of it, and it's not entirely clear if the town is everything it seems...

CLOSED SIGNUPS - Murder Game XIV: Monokuma's Awakening

[​IMG]

Cast List

C.T. as Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)
    Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)
    Chewy Rabbits as Catbug (Bravest Warriors)
    Minerva as Corrin (Fire Emblem)
    DapperDogman as Darv Saltborn (Salt & Sanctuary)
    Yun Lee as Edmond Honda (Street Fighter)
    BarrenThin as Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
    The Tactician as Jack (Samurai Jack)
    york as Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)
    Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri (Danganronpa)
    Gummi Bunnies as Rinato Dormi (Murder Series)
    LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
    Crow as Nono Morikubo (The Idolmaster)
    Jeremi as Poison (Street Fighter)
    ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse (Sonic the Hedgehog OC)
    Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden (Rainbow Six: Siege)
    Hospes as Tarlotte (Shattered Angels)
    CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta (Overwatch)
    Periodically Incorrect as Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck)
    DBZ7 as Tharja (Fire Emblem)
    Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki (WataMote)
    Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase (Life Is Strange)
    Takumi as Yurick (The Last Story)
    Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia (Pokemon)​

7. HERE'S SOME MORE

Warning: May have been drawn since last summer.

[​IMG]

Memorial site. The giant robot may or may not be a statue.

[​IMG]

In before MOESHIT. Excuse the blurriness, my hands were shaking

[​IMG]

Teknikan personnel. Captain Nic is in the picture, he's next to the weird halberd.

[​IMG]

Teknikan high-speed bomber.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Teknikan ship classes.

[​IMG]

Does this make sense to you?

[​IMG]

I'm using the Internet.

8. Digging the Vault-Boy in the background; nice work.

9. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOOOOOOOOOOME!

10. [​IMG]

Don't get any devious ideas.

Once again, in before cuteshit.

11. Your work reminds me of 70's and 80's animu and mangu, how they're actually detailed beyond the basic lines of the body, but their eyes are still open. All-in-all, good work cap'n.

Edit: Nice lance on that last one. Not really digging the pretty-boy face though. All of your work is well proportioned. The halberd with the axe head actually looks like something I'd attempt to use.

12. I had assumed it was a slightly masculine female, partly because of some really small curves in the chest area. :/

I dig the really clean retro look too. For some reason I always procrastinate about the art threads and never get around to complimenting most of them--Nic's and Razilin's stick out in my mind in particular.

13. I really like Nic's style =D

Always envious of those people who can do mechanical drawings, having tried but FLAILED. Aside from the ship sketches, I really like that last drawing...

14. Thanks. You guys almost thought it was PRETTY BOY FACE? I'm surprised, myself; I never intended it to be that way.

With that hair tied around her neck, you can only imagine how long it is.

Her lance is voice-activated.

15. I like the hair. I was certain she was female until I learned what others thought. Weak of me, yes. Bishounen doesn't seem like your thing, correct me if I'm wrong. The facial structure is a little ambiguous, but I like that.

16. Wow Nic, wish I could draw like that. The asteroid base reminds me so much of Homeworld 2 and If I had the skill I'd mod those ships into the game.

If I may ask how long it took you to learn to draw like that....

EDIT: that relic logo made my day

17. Do we RP on Discord or here in the feather and iron or cogs and fire boards? Also, I just wanted to be sure- are those two new races I made accepted- because one of my characters is one of them.

18. I just realized.. I have a job now.. I can pay people to draw Isabella now!

19. Nic, your work never ceases to amaze me!

20. Continue.