NFL Lockout Ends

Delnoir

A Relic of a Bygone Era
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Well its been over 150 days, but the NFL lockout is over and all the teams will be in training camps by Sunday!

First game of the season will be on Thursday September 8th at 8:30 ET at Lambeau Field with the Saints taking on the Packers.

I think I speak for all football fans and players when I say "Thank god that's over with."

A lot of observers expected a resolution to the lockout, from what I've read. Especially when the revelation was made that the players were insured against the lockout for the sum of $200k each. While that might not be a lot of scratch for a player like Peyton Manning, it's certainly a tidy sum, and enough to ensure the bills get paid.

The NFLPA did a great deed for its players in acquiring that insurance, but I don't think anyone truly expected the NFL lockout to wipe out any games, much less the entire season.

The NBA, on the other hand, is an entirely different story.

Thank goodness the only sport I enjoy is finally getting its shit together. Only took forever and a day.

Thank the Lord! I don't know what I would've done without being able to cheer for the Raiders and curse as they fail me once again.