Nexus: Virtues and Sins

Nah, it's fine. I'm only on this often because I have no life /shot

@Wise: Yeah, haha xD

On another note, now that most of us have kind of gotten a handle on starting out, any suggestions/ideas you guys want to make for events or things to happen in the RP besides the main plot of the two gang's different goals so we have a little more of a direction and it doesn't die off?
I know for now the RP is leaning towards the characters going into the Nexus for a bit, but I mean beyond that :)

Hmm, we could have something really bad happen to the Nexus server (an accident maybe?) and both gangs get the blame, and whatever is wrong with the server makes for some pretty weird glitches.
Another idea is that like the first suggestion something happens but, the government creates a weapon that can kill someone through the Nexus, the weapon itself would have a bunch of limitations but, ya that's all I've got so far.

I like the glitch idea. Also, maybe somebody from one of the gangs infiltrates the other gang, double agent style?

(It's the only other thing I can think of right now. Not a very good idea, I know... :P )

Well technically speaking it is possible to be killed through the Nexus, just very difficult. The system has measures in place to protect most from such things but if someone figures out how to bypass that it's possible. But again, all the same it's difficult, though many believe or are assured it's impossible.

But the afforementioned machine could be programmed to bypass that security measure and hunt down Vexourge/hackers. I rather like that, actually.

And having someone play double-agent could work too xD Only question is, what will their real side be and which are they infiltrating?

Could also have a Nexian infiltrate one of the gangs in Decay as a double-agent trying to take down both gangs and garner information, maybe setup another character to seem like a double agent to take suspicion off them even.

Btw, Faulklin's reaction to the pasta actually reminded me a lot of one of the residents at the retirement home where I work. It made me laugh. (In a good way.)

XD Glad emo-boy entertains you so much lol even if he is a royal pain in the ass(sadly enough - or maybe not so much - you guys got the less tame version lol)

Haha. I feel like Raz has taken a pretty typical Jewish New Yorker approach to Faulklin - i.e. "poke fun at him until he lightens up, which may be never, but at least I get entertained." XD

Also, I would post in the other thread, but I figure I'll give other people a chance to catch up and post, and that way I'll have a more substantial prompt to base my next post off of.

Oh god yes, poking the proverbial feral dog(i.e. Faulklin) is very much entertaining. I should know XD You should see his interactions in the book I'm writing, some of them are so amazing haha and it just gets better later on and as time goes on lol

And pretty much where I am atm, just waiting to give others the chance to post amd react

It does kinda blow up in your face sometimes. But totally worth it. XD
Also, you're writing a book? Pretty cool. :)

Yes, I am *point to link in signature* 20 chapters so far :D But OMG still SOOOO much work to do on it!

Speaking of which, after that short burst of discussion...Iiii just couldn't help myself /shot
http://thegreatmeshrine.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/9/5/11952281/4396867_orig.gif
Is that not the most amazing thing ever? xD I managed to squeeze it in before bedtime lol

Also, regretably RedWinter will be dropping out for now, as they're just too busy to participate right now.

That's too bad. But the .gif is adorable. XD

That gif is simply amazing ^^
anyways sorry I am taking so long to post, I was very busy over the weekend and I shall hopefully get in a post soon.

Don't sweat it ET, really xD We all got lives outside online(at least I think so, maybe I'm mistaken haha)

Heyyo, I'd like to reserve the spot for Charity on the Heavily Virtues side, if da's alright with you. I'll be done the profile in about an hour, if not shorter.

~General~

Edge100xProfile_zpsc9691c0e.png

Name: Corvid Hyde Davids
Alias: Charity, The Heavenly Virtues
Heritage: British-Canadian

~Appearance~

Skin tone: [color=#[/B]FAF4C4]semi-light white toned.[/color]
Hair Color: Blonde, as pictured.
Eye Color: Bright Hazel
Body type: Toned, but not overly masculine.
Accessories: A necklace and charm depicting a snake wrapped around a cross.
Clothing Style Preference: Hoodies, jeans, graphic tee's and sneakers.
General description: About 6'2", white male with blonde hair.
Other: (None)

~Alliance~

Gang(?): Virtues
Represented Virtue/Sin: Charity
Opposing/Enemy:
Avaritia, Greed.
Reason for Joining their Gang: To acheive equality for all in the nexus.

~Relations~

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Romantic Interest(s): None (sofar)
Lover/spouse(?): None
Kin/Siblings/Parents/Children(?): Mother and Father (NPC's)
Friends: Unknown

~Skills and Combat~

Hacking Level/Abilities(?): Being that his parents were coders originally, and spent much time after the apocalypse ensuring that all technology in their community remained operational, Edge learned much of their skills in coding, hardware and general maintenance of computerized systems. This, over time and through development, translated into enhanced knowledge and skill when it came to hacking, and he is currently praised as one of, if not the most, talented hacker in the Heavenly Virtues.

Specialty: Charity is especially skilled at hacking, though he is not especially skilled in hand to hand or armed combat outside of the nexus.

*Nexus* Talents/Skills: In the nexus, Concord enlists his abilities to create great change in the system, creating paradox's and otherwise impossible structures to trap and confuse his enemies, as well as using brute-force and code exploits to directly attack the opposition.

*Decay* Talents/Skills: Outside of the Nexus, Concord is pretty much nothing but a normal human being, while he can utilize his hacking skills to get past computerised security systems and interact with technology very fluently, he is untrained and untalented in the art of combat outside of the Nexus.

*Nexus* Weapons/abilities of choice: Charity utilizes his hacking skill to deliver supportive exploits and attacks that appear in the form of code. He also enlists this talent to alter the environment in the nexus, though it takes much more energy and focus, which makes it near impossible to make large changes in the midst of battle.

*Decay* Weapons of Choice: Concord arms himself with a colt 1911 model pistol firing .45 ACP rounds outside of the nexus, though he has never fired it to kill anyone, he keeps it close at hand. He also has a small 2" folding knife he uses for carving.

Fighting Styles: When in the nexus, Concord acts mainly as a supporting asset, hanging back and establishing defenses to help those at the front. When faced with direct conflict, these skills can be used to provide his own defenses, using offences based off Brute-force and DDOS attacks. Out of the Nexus, Concord avoids conflict as much as possible, and if not backed up by an ally, will usually look for a way to escape it rather than remain in a shootout.

Downfalls/Weaknesses:
When faced with conflict outside of the nexus, Concord is almost useless, having little to no training on conventional combat, he lacks the skills needed to defend himself against others who are more seasoned veterans. In the nexus, his main weakness is his lack of medium-range capabilities, preferring to keep his enemies at close or long range.​
~Bio~

Personality: Usually a rather kind person, Concord tends to talk quite a bit when it comes to events that involve any of those he holds close. He likes to utilize his skills and knowledge to help others, though believes that teaching others is better than doing it for them. Knowing that he is more able to perform in the nexus than most people, he will often volunteer in someone else's place to secure their safety. When it comes to dealing with opposition, he almost always aims to leave them alive, though prefers dealing a quick, painless death to a lengthy one.

Likes: Peaceful, quiet areas; the sound of birds, which he can only hear in the nexus; the look on many residents of the nexus when he performs his 'miracles'.

Hates: Conflict and arguments; putting others at risk; death.

Hobbies: Concord enjoys carving, and uses the knife he carries around outside of the nexus to make carved items out of anything that he can find to do it with.

History: Growing up, his parents were the 'techies' in the community, bartering their skills for whatever the family could use, usually this meant fixing computers that were older than time itself or piecing together a PDA that had been dropped and broken. After he had learned a few of the basics, he began using his skills to help others as well, usually for nothing more than what he absolutely needed. When a few people began being able to gain access to the nexus, he was the first person of his family to go into the nexus, and the first person in his community to understand the in's and out's of its operation. Not too soon after, he heard of the Heavenly Virtues, a new group which he soon searched out and joined, hoping that they would support him in his goals, provided he supported them as well. It was not that long after that he found himself a nook in their leadership, taking the part of charity, which best suited his personality.

Sorry for this coming in so late, I needed to revamp one of my characters to fit in as a 'good guy' since usually I play him as the bad-guy or the outcast.