Do I change the number of victims in the story?

• More characters

• Fewer characters

• Just right

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Draugvan

Original poster
The sell
I am looking at an original group roleplay for a modern slasher story. I can imagine recruiting four players, and then myself (total of five players). I will be the GM.

I will:
- Provide plot direction through the use of the Newscast announcer.
- Play as one of the 'victims'. This is my character: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/characters/yana-de-rossi.13665/

I seek:
- One player to play as the slasher (as yet unnamed, MO not provided, up for discussion).
- Three players to play as 'victims' (players can create their own original characters, not super fussed about genders).

The story would extend from 8pm to 8am, in-universe time. The plot includes introspective narrative from the slasher, chase sequences, and drama-building/relationship-testing interludes between chases.

I have not made a decision about who or how many victims will survive (up for discussion).

What I expect
Font - Arial, justified, default colour (not negotiable).
Characters - Character profiles are not necessary, but if you choose to make one you must use a photo and not a drawing.
Writing style - At least 'adept' (see your account details), flexibly passive and aggressive.
Post Length - 2-8 good paragraphs, or approx. 200-600 words.
Post frequency - I can post once or twice a week. You are free to post more than that during the interludes.
Content - Third-person, past-tense writing style. I'm not averse to sex, though story comes first. Level of detail of sex scenes to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Story Length - Medium? If all goes well, we could have it wrapped up in a month or two.
Typos - I am lenient. We all make mistakes. I personally make a half-dozen edits after each post to tweak things.

Personal preference
- Please only 18+ members apply.
- Post in the public forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone say slasher? Im in...

That's good to hear. Do you have any opinions about the slashers motivation and how many victims might survive?

Well as a horror buff myself, motivations are many and varied. However I find the most effective is a complete lack of motive in a killer. It adds to the mystique of the character. The reason characters like Michael Myers are so frightening to many people is their mystery. Michael has no apparent reason for why he wears a mask and kills people on Halloween, he just does, which makes him that much more terrifying. As far as victims go, I would say no more than two survivors are needed. Just my opinion.

That's good to hear. Do you have any opinions about the slashers motivation and how many victims might survive?

Well as a horror buff myself, motivations are many and varied. However I find the most effective is a complete lack of motive in a killer. It adds to the mystique of the character. The reason characters like Michael Myers are so frightening to many people is their mystery. Michael has no apparent reason for why he wears a mask and kills people on Halloween, he just does, which makes him that much more terrifying. As far as victims go, I would say no more than two survivors are needed. Just my opinion.
Halloween is the kind of material that comes to mind when I think of a slasher suitable for this story.

My concern is I can't see how the slasher can have screen-time alone if they don't have motivations to ruminate on. Though the slasher doesn't necessarily need that in the story. It depends how you might prefer to write slashers.

It could be as low as zero survivors. But I agree two could be an upper limit. Plus its romantic.

@Draugvan

Well it depends on what kind of villain you want your slasher to be. Do you want a mindless, blank slate, killing machine with little personality like Michael or Jason...or a more complex, cunning and personality rich villain say like Jigsaw or Pinhead?

@Draugvan

Well it depends on what kind of villain you want your slasher to be. Do you want a mindless, blank slate, killing machine with little personality like Michael or Jason...or a more complex, cunning and personality rich villain say like Jigsaw or Pinhead?
He needs to feel like he can be projected into real life. Maybe less of Michael or Jason. Something eerily realistic.

Maybe we can model him off a real slasher?

@Draugvan

He needs to feel like he can be projected into real life. Maybe less of Michael or Jason. Something eerily realistic.

Well, that's an even larger pool to choose from. Maybe Gacy or Bundy?

@Draugvan

I'm not exactly familiar with serial killers :P

@Draugvan

I'm not exactly familiar with serial killers :P
Ok, what I can do is create a profile for a possible character with what we outlined and see what you think.

Reactions: Draugvan
I am still seeking three writers to play slasher victims.

If you have any questions, please ask!