2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Donegal; Tulpen One;

Decree

Recruiting & Chapter 1 Information
I'm alive and around! I'm not the most persuasive GM around, but thank you to those who have stuck with me so far. I do still intend on running Golden City and have announcements to make as a proper GM.

FieryCold has stepped down as a Co-GM for Golden City. He has been a great help with proofreading and providing background support, however ultimately we came to the conclusion that it is for the best if he focuses on smaller projects first.

With that I’m officially putting up a notice to look for moderators to help me out with some of the behind the scenes in Golden City. I’m looking for members who are willing to help me out with approving characters and brainstorming. Any enthusiastic members can come and apply and perhaps gain access to the secret channels where all the fun happens. To apply just send me a PM with your motivation of why you would like to be a mod.

Onto the next piece of news. I had promised everyone that I would release some information for Chapter 1, so here goes.

Originally I planned to have three plots running parallel to each other across the layers. Players would be allowed to hop between the layers and participate in the stories taking place there, taking hints of the other with them. However, it may be obvious that I don’t have the manpower to keep that afloat as well as the activity. Instead we will continue on as we have done with Chapter 0 where the Main Game takes place in one thread that runs across all layers this time with more of a story. Once more, participation isn’t required, but it will help up boost the experience of all and yourself! Of course you're also allowed to create new characters, should you wish for them. However, if you have been struggling with activity I would suggest to take a look at your load first before creating any new ones.

Genre: Mystery, adventure, thriller
Main Location: The Land
Release Date = ( Nemo's brain speed * Nemo's free time ) / Life is a bitch

A string of murders has held Golden City in a tight grip. Gruesome in their nature and random in its pattern the citizens and authorities are puzzled over who is behind those murders and what their motivation is. The Cloaks are hard at work to solve the case, but all of their leads have come to a dead end so far. To make matters worse the murderer seems to be littering the crime scene with all sorts of cryptic clues, as if taunting the Inquisition into a game of cat and mouse. This doesn’t do the reputation of the mysterious group any good and citizens have been mocking them, while also hiding in fear. Paranoia is settling in as anyone could be next with no clue on who the culprit is. As the murders continue and more puzzle pieces are left behind a few decide it is time to play detective themselves...

Last edited:
Donegal; Tulpen One;

Update

Nemo is alive, I swear
Hi! So an update from the team. As some might have noticed [color=#d4af37]Anguissette[/color] has joined the team of little helpers and test subjects. She will fill in the void left by FieryCold and help out with updating the information threads and planning shenanigans.

Chapter 1 is almost ready for release. I broke a few brains, tinkered around with wires and had to run for my life after a few mishaps, but it is coming! I know that chapter 0 has been lacklustre for a while and feel free to tell me that as well in the face. If there is anything you want to see don't be afraid to ask about it, I will take suggestions in consideration. EDIT: Ideally I hope to get it out at the end of May, starting June.

As for Chapter 0... Other than planning shenanigans that aren't getting off the ground I think we can all agree that it is just not working out. It is not you, but me. For those that had made fun plans they were looking forward to, I will message you to discuss how we can implement it elsewhere. For those who wonder how Chapter 0 will fit into the canon, just consider it as a lacklustre day that passed. All that happened still applies as far as it affects your character, but don't feel pressured (whut what pressure?) to post or wrap it up either.

Again, only one chapter and thread for the next round. Sorry! For those who have characters that are involved in other layers, I will try to involve you guys as much as possible. I have ideas, small ideas, but ideas, to do so. If you don't want to rely on my small ideas (understandable, look at 0) the best advice I can give is that you create a new character.

Now, if you want to leave... I hope you read the fine print in which you sold your soul to me, it is there, really small written in black I can totally understand. Let me know in one way or another and your characters will be archived and yada yada yada. No hard feelings.

Donegal; Tulpen One;

Chapter Release

I did a thing, whoops
Chapter 1: A Murder Mystery has been released. This thread shall now turn into a Bulletin Board as well. Ask questions here, but if it is about the mystery itself or the clues I won't answer them. I have instructed my team not to answer them either, so they won't be of much use to you. 8D

Enjoy and do whatever. All layers are welcome to participate, not only the Land people. The Underground may want to escape their floor because of the heat, but I also have things planned for you guys this chapter if you don't come out yourself.

The next GM post will be in two weeks from now on. Which is on June 16. All who haven't posted by then will be archived. I'm donning my stern GM hat for once!

So, I was writing my post and I realized that both the characters my character would be likely to immediately interact with were GM characters (basically I was gonna have Marianne go to the Golden City Post to contact Thomas and Minerva). I know you don't want us asking GMs about clues, but what about character interactions?

So, I was writing my post and I realized that both the characters my character would be likely to immediately interact with were GM characters (basically I was gonna have Marianne go to the Golden City Post to contact Thomas and Minerva). I know you don't want us asking GMs about clues, but what about character interactions?

Plottings and discussing interactions and the likes is fine. No clue reveals tho. My Gm’s know the answers, but if they play their characters with meta info I will be seriously frowning at them. In other words, their characters are supposed to be as clueless as the rest. IC and OOC separation, aye!

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
I know this has been a bit quiet, but Alfie's taken to assembling a group, feel free to latch onto my post!

• Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Nemopedia and Joan