Newbie Care Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
xbfwc0.png

On behalf of the staff and members of Iwaku Roleplay, I'd like to extend my warmest welcome to you and thank you for venturing into our beautiful world of writing and wonders.

As an offer of kindness and welcoming, a dedicated group of our lovely staff members have come together to create a newbie care package system for all new players. Our aim is to make your transition intro Iwaku an easy and entertaining one by providing friendship, guidance, and some pretty nifty graphics ;)

The requirements for this care package are simple:
You must be a new player having joined less than 2 months from the current date.

qojfqg.png

So what's in the Goodie Bag?

Each Newbie Care Package will contain the following:

1. A free custom avatar and signature set
2. Free banners for their first 3 characters
3. A free set of digital art headers for prettying up their first roleplay
4. A set of three free advertisements to help get their roleplay underway
5. One big brother/sister to help answer questions, explain how things work, etc for their first month.
6. Recommendations for 1-3 Roleplays they would likely be interested in that are currently accepting new players.

You may choose to take up all 6 of the offers, or any combination of fewer.

2h82rty.png

Allow me to clarify each of the aspects of the care package.

First of all, how do you claim your care package?
To claim an art request, please refer to the ART DEPARTMENT thread. Fill out the appropriate form and either PM your artist or tag them in the thread with "@" and their name immediately after. For a roleplay recommendation claim, either post your preferences here or PM one of our recommenders. You will be assigned a big brother or sister upon posting that you're interested in the care package. Easy as pie!
1. A free custom avatar and signature set: On iwaku, an avatar is the image that appears on your profile and each time you post. It is seen on the left side of the page beside each of your posts and stands as a physical representation of you on the forums. A signature is a portion of text and one image you may choose to display beneath each post that you post in the forums. Some users use their signatures to store information, some use it as a guide to their roleplays wtih links and other useful information, and some like to match it to their signature to give other players a better idea of what the player is like. With your free custom avatar and signature set, you will work with one of our talented staff members in the art department (See Below!) to create your very own avvy and siggy set!

2. Free banners for their first 3 characters: Some users like to use a image to display their character in each of their posts. It may be as simple as their name and rank/job/role, or it can be a single or series of images that portray the player's character. Character banners are popular and can be used to help enrich roleplay experiences. You will work with a staff member in our art department to gain three character banners for your first three characters. This will help get you, and other players, excited about your new character and gain a great addition to any character sheet!

3. A free set of digital art banners for prettying up their first roleplay: As seen above, good headers in your information sections of your roleplays can make a drab thread look fab! Our talented Art Department will work to produce banners for your first roleplay to help pretty up your thread and keep things organized.

4. A set of three free advertisements to help get their roleplay underway: At the top of all Iwaku webpages is a thin image called an advertisement banner. These are player made and stand as links to their roleplays. A good ad can make all the difference when seeking new players as it allows players to simply click when they're interested instead of searching through forums for interesting titles. A good ad is pricless and we want to make sure your roleplay gets as much traffic as possible to fill up your player slots! You'll be working with our Art Department to get three banners made for your first roleplay/

5. One big brother/sister: Things can be a bit tricky when you first start and even the Q & A section can be a bit daunting at times. With the BB/BS program you'll be assigned a staff member to be your buddy for the next month. This user will stand as a guide to help with everything from answering rule questions, helping with roleplay tips (for both playing and GMing) as well as pointing you in the right direction for any needs you may have. This staff member may be the first of what will one day be MANY iwaku friends and will help you feel right at home in our lovely land of words.

6. Recommendations for Roleplays: As you'll quickly find with a simple perusing through the forums, there are a LOT of roleplay opportunities. This may feel overwhelming at first, but fear not. Our witty and wise team of staff members will help with your search for the perfect RP by seeking out your interests and PMing you with three roleplay recommendations with open signups, and a link to the signups thread to boot! While we hope you'll find your own way with time, we're more than happy to do a bit of digging for you to help get you writing as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them in this thread! Don't be shy; only some of us bite and you're safe from them because we're on computers and they don't know where you live. :D

Current Carepackage Claims

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Golden Anime
    1 X Avatar and Signature Set
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations
    3 X Advertisements for your roleplay.

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Shinku⭐Kun
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Arcadia
    3 X Character Banners [Claimed: 2/3]
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    3 X Advertisements for your roleplay. [Claimed: 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Ali
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @~Happily.Ever.After~
    3 X Character Banners [2/3 used]
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Munchkin
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Melon
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Princess Poisoned Rose
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations [Claimed: 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Sen
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Touch of Insanity
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @IceQueen
    1 X Avatar and Signature Set [Claimed 1/1]
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations [Claimed 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Sir Basil
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Elle
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Kagayours
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Vio
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Ali
    1 X Avatar and Signature Set [Claimed: 1/1]
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Minerva
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Vio
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Peregrine
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Peregrine
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Kitti
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Kitti
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @The Mood is Write
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Touch of Insanity
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Soulserenity20
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

Last edited by a moderator:
14wwrw0.png

Please, allow me to introduce our lovely staff siblings. They will act as your guides as you come to feel at home in our forums. Upon requesting a package, you will be assigned a big brother/sister and will be contacted by them via PM.

Below is a list of each member in this part of the program and an introductory paragraph written by each for your convenience.
[dash=#6a00d4]

Munchkin
I am Munchkin (or Cait—I don't mind which name you use!) I've been a member of Iwaku since the August of 2014 (almost two years!) I'm 21 and am about to start my last year of college (studying studio art). I love all kinds of genres, including romance, action adventure, comedy, medieval fantasy, modern fantasy, and of course a mixture of several! I love to meet new Iwaku members, so don't be a stranger! This community has become a family to me, and I hope we can provide the love, support, and entertainment you need!

Sen
Hello! I'm Sen, but you can call me 'sen'pai because I am a piece of anime trash c;. I'm an Australian-born Chinese grill, I consider Chinese my second language, so feel free to come talk to me in the mother tongue, 成为良朋益友吧! I'll always be complaining about how disgusting the weather is. I started off chat roleplaying a long time ago, but now I live to roleplay on Iwaku. I'm a big fan of fantasy and romance but I enjoy listening to other people's ideas. Please don't bully me, and welcome to Iwaku!

Touch of Insanity
Hello! I am Touch of Insanity or Insanity for short! You may also see some people calling me Sani which is also another name I've picked up in my year and a half on Iwaku! I am a 23 year old University student who works part time, I'm majoring in Humanities with minors in Classics and History. You may also notice I sometimes write words a little different, well that's cause I'm Canadian! Aka super badass. Now, back onto topic, my favorite genres of role plays are slice of life, Romance (all the romance, melt my heart please!), and light fantasy in either modern day settings or medieval. I only do one x one roles plays, due to school taking up most of my time. I do, however, lovechatrp! Either in a pair or a group setting. You can either find me through PM, or sometime catch me hanging out in our chat boxes!

~Happily.Ever.After~
[Will take on 2 Newbies]

Hiya new friends! ~Happily.Ever.After~ here. But please, call me Happy, Happily or Kay ^_^ as my username is quite long. You can probably guess that I'm a bit obsessed with Disney... and while I may legally be an adult I am and forever will be a child at heart! I generally can be found lurking around in the group rp section, either replying to something or making an rp or messing with the coding on one of my rps 'cause I pressed a button and probably broke something for the fiftieth time XD. Normally I stay out of Libertine, it's not my favorite nor my forte, but I go through every now and again. If you have any questions or need help feel free to send my a message or ping me! I'm quite patient and so long as I'm available, am more than willing to lend a helping hand ^_^

Melon
Hello! I am Melon. I have been on this lovely site for two years now, and look forward to many more years! I have been roleplaying for a while now, and I have to say Iwaku is such an amazing site to roleplay on; the possibilities are endless! My favorite genres are Horror, Post-Apocalyptic, High Fantasy, and sometimes Romance! I am currently working on getting my computer business certification, so I will be somewhat busy, but I always make time for Iwaku! You can always find me goofing off in the chatbox or on the Discord server! I am always willing, and available, to answer any questions you have about Iwaku and any other questions! I look forward to getting to know you! ♡

Kagayours
Hi! I'm Kagayours, but you can just call me Kaga. I've technically been a member since January of 2014, but I wasn't really active here until autumn of that same year, when I left another RP site behind and came here full-time. I love GMing, and every forum RP that I've been involved in in recent memory is one that I put together myself. I like a lot of unconventional ideas, it seems — like a roleplay about roleplays, or a world made up of personified fandoms — but my biggest RP project recently is a massive fantasy RP that I spent a lot of time putting together. Outside of the RP world, I like tarot cards, vinyl records, and Apple products — because I'm that kind of hipster — and I'm in love with the Beatles. I look forward to having you on the site! ^^

J_"Kraken"
Hello there - I'm Kraken (ignore all that stuff with underscores and quotations). I'm a first year university student, and I've been around Iwaku since early 2014. Over those two years I have grown as a writer through Iwaku, but I am by no means done yet! I adore science fiction of all stripes: if engineers can't build warp drives yet, I'll just have to write about them. I'm almost exclusively a one x one writer, but you'll see me poking my head into group roleplays every so often.

With that aside - welcome to Iwaku, I look forward to getting to know you!

Silver
Hiyas! I'm Silver, and Queen of Sparkletopia, I joined Iwaku three or so years ago. Before that, I'd only ever found one place I actually enjoyed being a part of and when it went down, It took a long time for me to stumble unto the vast beauty that is Iwaku. At first, it's really large and if you're used to smaller forums like I was, it can be overwhelming. But I've yet to find a place with such an accepting and vibrantly diverse community like this one. The staff are really great and the majority of the populace are nice. If you enjoy writing, you've come to the right place. Welcome to Iwaku, where the slogan is quite real.

Uhm, so some things about me. Thing one, if you hadn't figured it out, I'm obsessed with sparkles. I am 23 years of age and every time I remember that I feel really old. I love to be helpful, so don't be afraid to ask me anything. But going beyond that, I personally enjoy stories that take you out of the ordinary and into a world of wonder. I'm not overly fond of slice of life (unless they're action packed!). But I love fantasy; from high to modern, oh! And Pirates! Group RP's are generally the poison of my choice, I really like having different minds coming together to really bring a story to life. I play, or try to play anyways, tabletop games. Really, I only play Pathfinder and 5th edition DnD if I'm being honest.

So now you know a little about me, I'd like to get to know you! I can't wait to see all of you sparkling around the Iwakuverse! Good luck and happy roleplaying!

Requiem
Heyo, I'm Requiem, perpetually tired tabletop gamer and occasionally decent writer. I've been here for... Slightly less time than Silver. Not sure how long exactly, but it's been long enough for me to be pretty comfortable. I'm pretty easy going, and like helping out where I can, so if there are ever any questions I can answer, I'll do my best to do so. Other than that... I dunno. Have fun and good luck.

Vio
[Will take on 2 newbies]

Hello darlings! My name's Violaceous, but around here people just call me Vio for short. I started role-playing when I was around ten or eleven years old, so I have a lot of experience with it. Originally I started role-playing on Crunchyroll.com with friends from high school, but after graduation we all went our separate ways. Afterwards I was introduced to IMVU, which was a bit different than the usual group role-plays like on CR. IMVU role-playing is purely chat based so it took some getting used to, however, the community was pretty vile and I was introduced to Iwaku as a result! I've been on Iwaku for two years now, and pretty much love it here. I've met a lot of new friends, and hope that I'll be able to add you to that list! I actually don't have favorite genres, as I'll role-play just about any genre. The ones that I frequent the most are Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Fandom, and Sci-fi. I do participate in libertine role-plays, but not often. If you would like to know more about my role-playing quirks feel free to simply check out my role-playing resume found here. Last but not least, welcome to iwaku! I hope you have a great time here.

Sir Basil
My name is Basil, I'm an almost-22-year-old student at the University of Oregon, where I study fine art, and medieval studies. I specifically study Viking culture, with a focus on Viking literature! Although I am perpetually in a sea of homework (and despair) I try to enjoy my down time. If I'm not in homework-hell, I'm playing video games, rolling some dice at my weekly Dungeons and Dragons game, or roleplaying! I've been a member of many different roleplaying communities for the last decade or so. I've been part of Iwaku, on-and-off since 2011. I'm happy to be part of the content development staff, where my job consists of the things that make Iwaku so special. I'm part of ensuring that the community is as welcoming and accepting as it currently, and providing a safe and comfortable environment for everyone. Like many of the content staff, I also write guides about roleplaying ; focusing on specific characters, genres, problems, and solutions commonly found within the roleplaying community. I'm also a novice at the Iwaku HTML / CSS, and can help you make a pretty rad character sheet. :) . I'm in a number of other roleplays - specifically high and low fantasy games! I'm always eager to make your fantasy games come to life! Don't be afraid to bring your wildest ideas to the table! Feel free to send me a PM at any time (I'm ALWAYS online) about what you're plotting -- don't be shy!

Arcadia
"I'm Arcadia, a staff member who's been here for two years. If I had to say anything about myself, I'd prbably go for 'cheery, kind, bubbly sort of personality' with a few dashes of unbridled randomness to top it off. I'm a big fan of high fantasy, so if you have any questions about dragons, magic and knights, I'll be glad to see what I can come up with. One of my favorite pastimes would have to be puns. I can't get enough of the stuff, since it's like catnip for me. So if you wanna brush up on your pun game, I'm the man for you."

Minerva
Salve, Discipulae et Discipuli! I am Minerva, but you can call me Paladin or Silver. Despite my name and profile pictures of girls, I am actually a male. I've been an Iwaku member since January of 2015, but I've been roleplaying a lot longer than that. I'm someone you can come to if you have a question about a Latin translation, a science question, or anything regarding Cyberpunk. I'm a huge fan of the Cyberpunk, Fantasy, and Urban Fantasy genres, but will honestly do any Roleplay that sounds interesting. I'm planning to be an architect and am working towards that goal. I'm frequently available for any questions that you might have, serious or otherwise, so just ask me!

IceQueen
Hello people of Iwaku! I am IceQueen, a friendly Content moderator! I have been on Iwaku for almost two years, and particularly enjoy romance, fantasy, and modern fantasy genera. I mostly spend my time around the rp areas and discord, and am open to help people with art and picture finding at any time. I am also available for advice on writing samples and how to go about filling out CS. I am always open to questions as well!

Princess Poisoned Rose
[Will take on two newbies]
Hello dear ones! My name is Princess Poisoned Rose and I have been on Iwaku for nearly two years. (It will be two years in November.) Although I have been roleplaying independently with friends for nearly 10+ years. I am an instructor at Aqua Tots on my way to becoming a Master Instructor. I am usually find in roleplays that are fantasy, horror, slice of life, game show, and many others. I am on pretty much every chance I can get and am usually just a message away. My days off are usually when I am mostly absorbed in watching youtube and being on here. I also play video games when ever I get the chance too! I am also an animal lover and have three cats. If you have any questions for me just message me and ask away!

Ali
[Will take on 2 Newbies]
Bonjour! Je m'appelle Ali - for the French impaired, hey.. my name's Ali :)
I'm a 24 year old living trash can. Just jokes (sorta'). I'm currently in my third year of psychology and am working towards gaining my PhD, so I tend to want to get to know someone in order to learn more about their psyche. Regardless, I'm an animal lover, born and raised Canadian, and addicted to tea. It's almost sad. My favourite type of roleplay genres are fantasy, magical, and horror - I'm the type to go all out when it comes to designing and running an RP, also, I just adore pretty things :D! Oh, and I'm very into the paranormal and occult things - I find them fascinating. Welcome to Iwaku ♥♥

Shinku⭐Kun
¡Hola a todos, mi nombre es Shinku-kun! (you can also call me Shin, a couple of people that have called me like that). I'm a 21 years old guy that's trying to survive inside that phenomenon known as "Real Life". At present, I'm in my 3rd year of Computer Science and this August 27, I'll abide 1 full year of been around here! I'm a animals lover, especially cats and I'm an otaku by heart. My favorites roleplay genres are Comedy Romances and Fantasies, but yeah, you can see me around other
genres. Yes, I speak Spanish, but that doesn't mean I'm a Mexican, alright? I'm a Puertorican. Anyways, have a warm welcome to Iwaku and I hope you have a WONDERFUL stay. :)

Elle
"My name is Elle. I've been a member since January 23, 2014. I enjoy reading, writing, playing video games, listening to music, and singing. I am an avid bird lover and I enjoy taking care of all of my feathered babies. I love to roleplay fantasy romance roleplays."

redblood
Tjenare, Redblood är här för dig :D
I'm iwaku's resident 23 year old Swede. Been here since 2011, nerding it out with both roleplayers and anime geeks. You will mainly find me in the one x one section torturing my characters for the lols and when I'm not doing that, I take care of my anime group or train the new interns so they can become great staff members one day. My favorite genres are fantasy, historical fantasy, tragedy/drama, pirates and paranormal stuff. Romance can also be a fun add on now and then. You can talk to me in English and Swedish, whichever you're most comfortable with. Ask me any question and I'll try to answer it to the best of my ability. ^^

Red Revolver
'm Red Revolver, but you may call me Starr :)
I've been a member of Iwaku since 2013, so I'd say that's a pretty long time. I've been roleplaying for more than 6 years, though I started out Chatplaying for the first 4 years. I'm mainly a 1x1 roleplayer due to how easier that kind of roleplay format is to manage, though I don't shy out of group roleplays either. My favorite genres are anything magic related, fantasy, scifi, drama, and action romances. Aside from roleplaying, I'm an avid worldbuilder and language maker. If English isn't really your primary language, I also speak Spanish and SOME Japanese. So if you're a bro/sis from Latin America, talk to me in your native tongue :P I'm willing to answer any questions about the forum or even roleplaying, give tips, and look out for you. I'll try to help you out the best I can!

Peregrine
Hello, I'm Peregrine! I'm drawing close to entering my fourth year as a member of the glorious community called Iwaku, and have been a member of staff for... maybe a year? I didn't write down the date. X.x Probably over two if you count the time I spent as an intern. As you may have guessed by now I don't take myself too seriously, and enjoy a little bit of silliness in conversations as long as you don't take my mock-serious attitude too much to heart. I love meeting new people, even if I am not always the best at perpetuating a conversation filled with nothing but general pleasantries. I am an obsessive planner and worldbuilder, with a deep love for making up religions, drawing maps, and experimenting with the English language. I am an almost exclusively a one on one player, except for the fact that I somehow found myself promoted to GM-hood in Iwaku's mass roleplay, Ilium. At the moment I am taking something of a break from forum style roleplaying, and have been exploring the medium of Charps, in all of their glorious variations. Having been a member for so long, I'm quite familiar with most of Iwaku's nuances, so don't hesitate to reach out to ask questions about the site, even if you aren't my assigned newb. :tongue: I'll be glad to clarify anything I can.

The Mood is Write
Hello! I've been a member since December 2014, and joined in desperation after suddenly finding myself with no access to my at-the-time primary RP site. Since then, I've found Iwaku perfect for my needs, and I've been able to feel freedom to improve myself and to feel honest and open with the other members here, where on my old RP home of five years, I had to hide my true feelings in fear of being insta-blocked.

Other than my sordid past traveling to and from RP sites, I have developed a strong sense of what I want as a roleplayer. Conflict and story, especially deep, are my big loves. I'm very genre-flexible, with a wide variety of characters that can be used in a huge range of settings, including settings my RP partners create. The only genres for which I'm not a huge fan are space opera, pure romance, and pure smut. Of those, smut and romance can definitively be part of a roleplay that I will likely enjoy, especially if they're rocky, weird, or difficult.

In regards to formats, I strongly prefer forum-based, publicly-viewable 1x1 roleplays. Group RPs scare me, and I only have one partner with whom I am willing to do chat-RP long-term. I will occasionally pop into the charp rooms on Iwaku, but only the ones that allow walk-ins, and only if I don't already owe RP posts.

I like to have 30 RPs going at once, all in third person and past tense, with a minimum of six sentences per post. Out of character communication is my biggest requirement, because it enables waning interest to rebuild, prevents waning interest, and gives me a new friend.

My goal for acting as a mentor is to help teach new members the joys of Iwaku, teach them the value of honest and open communication, and to help restore faith in roleplaying communities as a whole for people who have become jaded and untrusting due to experiences elsewhere.
[/dash]

Temporary Guides

[In case you can't contact your assigned guide, please PM one of the following members with your questions!]

Jorick
Hello, I'm Jorick, and I've been a member of Iwaku since October, 2014. My roleplay genre of choice is fantasy, anything from classic Tolkien style worlds to fancy stuff like futuristic science fantasy, though I do dabble elsewhere as the mood takes me. I'm a member of the forum's security staff, meaning I'm one of the enforcers of the site rules, so if you're looking for answers about anything in the site rules that was confusing or not addressed then I'm a good person to ask. I'm also a huge nerd who reads way too many fantasy novels (A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin is my favorite series bar none) and plays a ton of video games (mostly MMOs, RPGs, and strategy). Welcome to Iwaku, and make sure to read the site rules to stay out of trouble. :)

Soulserenity20
Hello my beautiful, potentially horrified new writers. My name is Soulserenity20, more commonly Soul. I've been on iwaku since May of 2014 and I spend most of my time in the fantasy section :). I love dragons, elves, anything Tolkein-esque. My career's work lies within a place called Illos where I and a group of amazing writers from across the site have been writing a story about dragons, magick, fate, and a dark lord twice rise. I'm a 23 year old single mother to a 4 year old boy and I'm 3rd year double major in religious studies and biology (yes, really).
Iwaku is my home. It's my place of refuge, my escape, my reality away from reality. I've grown to love this place more than I can say and I've kind of made it my mission to be a contributor to the community in any way that I can, because Iwaku is worth it. I'm excited to see new players wander in from Interabyss and find a safe place within our forums and I'm glad to see YOU here. Yes you. *creepy grin*
Welcome to iwaku.

Hana
Hiya, guys! I'm Hana, and I've been a part of our lovely community since December 2014. I'm an eighteen-year old, soon to be 19 in December, Filipino girl. One day, I aspire to write my own books and become a published author and I love to read fantasy and horror literature! Before Iwaku I used to roleplay on and off with anime communities on FanFiction. Coming to Iwaku has been one of the best things to happen for me and has helped me grow so much with my writing. My favorite genres are definitely fantasy, horror, and romance. And as a member of Iwaku's Content Development team, I plan out and write lessons and resources to help people with their roleplaying and writing. If you need any help or guidance around the site, don't be shy about coming to Hana-oneechan. I'll do whatever I can to make your experience here fun and comfortable, and I hope you come to love the place as much as I - and my coworkers- have come to. ^^ Welcome to Iwaku!

firejay1
Hey there, I'm firejay1, but most people don't bother with the number. ;) I've been on iwaku for a couple of years now, and uh.... I don't have any particular genre I like. While certainly, I gravitate towards modern fantasy genre in general, I've come to realize that for me, the people I roleplay with make the biggest difference, and have enjoyed RP's outside of my "preferred genre" oftentimes a great deal more than those in modern fantasy. Two things, though, I do not like horror or libertine, that's the only thing. I'm kind of a stickler for rules, but I hope I don't come off as too scary (I'm nice, I promise!). Beside RP, I spend most of my time watching things (some anime, some American TV shows, and very very occasionally Korean dramas) or being stressed and overwhelmed by schoolwork and lab, as I am a science major (and kind of a nerd, shh don't tell anyone). I don't know much about tabletop, MMORPGs, and so on and so forth, and I come here mostly because I lovelovelove to write. As an RPer, I tend to specialize in character development and have found Iwaku my go-to place for trying out completely new character types. I leave the worldbuilding to my own personal writing, because I go nuts when someone steps on my lore, and try not to step on other people's lore in turn. I also love to sing and mess with the bbcodes and photoshop. :) Anyways, welcome to Iwaku. I really hope you love it here, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, no matter how stupid you think they sound.

347gwly.png

~Happily.Ever.After~
Vio

CLAIM FORM
Preferred Roleplay Genres:
Prefered Roleplay Types: (Chat/Group/1X1, etc.)
Other Preferences:

ih5c76.png

Please allow me to introduce our lovely, talented art and graphics staff!

Here, you will choose a staff member and present your request by filling out this form and PMing it to them. Alternatively, you may tag them by typing "@" and then their username and post the request form here.

Below is a list of available staff and a few samples of their artwork, along with which forms of graphics work they will do for you.

CLAIM FORMS
Remember, the more info you provide the better our artists can fulfill your requests.

CHARACTER RELATED
Request Type: (e.x. Character Banner 1/2/3, Header Set, or Advertisement 1/2, etc.)
Character Name:
Character Images: (PLEASE provide these. Don't make our art users find you char images.)
Secondary Desired Images: (accents that hint at your char's personality, etc.)
Quote: (If desired. Consider it a motto for your character)
Theme: (sexy, fierce, mountains, dragon rider, gambler, dark, horror, etc.)
Colors: (Which colors do you want to be used?)
Shapes/Other Request: (Anything else?)

RP RELATED
Request Type: (e.x. Character Banner 1/2/3, Header Set, or Advertisement 1/2, etc.)
RP Name:
RP Catch Phrase: (Slogans or catch phrases [most especially for ads]
Genre of RP:
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Images:
Other:

BASIC TEXT (HEADERS ETC)
Desired Text:
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Images:
Other:

AVVY/SIGGY SETS
Image(s):
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Text:
Other:

• Please click on each tab to view samples from each artist to make your selection. Feel free to get different artists to do different things!

• Work Availability: All requests

Samples

Advertisements
    8527578ea4cc1e3fa.png

jgjsde.png

25jze6c.png

243m0ya.png

Character Banners
    nwmrk9.jpg

24d57xy.jpg

2lw18wg.jpg

30bihqh.jpg

Signatures
    6xysyp.jpg

fvlg6s.jpg

Samples

TEXT[/SIZE][/B]
    f250jm.png

34gakcy.png

11tlybq.png

FANCY PNG BANNERS
    2rf9c8p.png

24crrxt.png

zsl10p.png

SIGNATURES
    20r0odu.png

opa3d1.png

CS/BIOGRAPHY STARTERS

dc96du.png

2rrozh2.png

ROLEPLAY HEADERS/TITLES

14ec96c.png

66xau8.png

25501l0.png

• Work Availability: Character Banners (#2), Thread Banners (Header Graphics) (#3), and Advertisements (#4)

Samples
    hs8j5w.png

wre5v7.jpg

20pa2ds.png

2bv5nr.png

2uhy82h.png

• Work Availability: Character Banners (#2) and Thread Banners (Header Graphics) (#3)
    CURRENTLY ON LEAVE

Samples

ROLEPLAY AD-BANNERS
    001200_zps4vkkiwmr.jpg

ROLEPLAY HEADERS
    pizap.com14403023130341_zpsbfs0rz2f.jpg

CHARACTER POST BANNERS / HEADERS
    0000000000000000_zpswxdczhtn.png

caspian_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnetv.jpg

casper_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fne1g.jpg

juniper_banner_1_by_iviolaceous-d9fmxwq.png

asa_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnhy2.png

alicia_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnl0c.png

Untitled%20drawing%203fdgasdfgsefg_zps8hrj3abl.png

pizap.com14361435152971_zpsl7sqlpz9.jpg

PHOTO EDITS
    1212121212_zps666jq5xb.jpg

b8ac377fed9c0478273ddbad931ec05c_zpssikrbqlz.jpg

Ittoki.Otoya.600.1646681_zpswujwaqbu.jpg

CHARACTER PORTRAITS/FULL BODY DESIGNS
    _ap__winnie_by_iviolaceous-da8jsjh.jpg

_closed__spotted_dear_cheeb_by_iviolaceous-d9yll08.png

_gemsona__moonstone_by_iviolaceous-da0523a.png

332ab57123a4721e494fe8f41d5e1d29-d9xz3s7.png

_open_cheap_adopt__azurite_by_iviolaceous-da2msgg.png

Samples

Character Banners
    68zam0.jpg

2web983.jpg

2w3udn8.jpg

2ivgrxj.jpg

2cosbp1.jpg

24eywqa.jpg

2qvh76g.jpg

Ads
    b9hjes.jpg

2mcf05v.jpg

9ubvvq.jpg

27ybq8g.jpg

11mdurk.jpg

dfcaja.jpg

Headers, RP-related
    9qzotf.jpg

vflbio.jpg

s1hi78.jpg

kej0o0.jpg

hs2ob7.jpg

Samples
    TBA

Banners
    banner-2-jpg.115546

banner-jpg.115547

Portraits
    opal-pony-png.115548

2-female-eyepatch-color-small-jpg.115549

2-female-eyepatch-jpeg.115550

Our artist WhisperingWillows has also offered to do a Div Box which can be used for "Housing a charaacter sheet, roleplay post, formatting an OOC thread." She will offer ONE to each new player and must be contacted directly for them as each will require more information than the above artwork.

SAMPLE:

[spoili]
2hqz50l.jpg
[/spoili]

Our artist Sir Basil has also offered to do a Character Portrait Studio to help add to this thread! Each newbie will be limited to one single portrait and must contact him directly for details.

SAMPLE:

[spoili]
tumblr_obgm85cnLQ1rk8b8so1_500.jpg

tumblr_oa45f7lTLv1rk8b8so1_540.jpg

tumblr_o4go8amw611rk8b8so1_1280.png

[/spoili]​

• Love
Reactions: Dusky
HOW DO I CASH THIS IN
I think you just post what you want from it in here?

Unclear on the details myself, but I think that's what you do.

HOW DO I CASH THIS IN
YOU ALREADY DID.

And you're lucky #1 *High fives all around*

You Get:

1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Golden Anime
3 X Character Banners
1X Set of Thread Headers

Simply post which you'd like to claim in the appropriate format. For art requests, please see the ART DEPARTMENT post. For recommendations, please post your Roleplay preferences and our team will get to work.

142x3dz.jpg

Damn. I wish that there was something like this when I moved in here.

Now, I'm too old and bitter to take this.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and xLarius
Damn. I wish that there was something like this when I moved in here.

Now, I'm too old and bitter to take this.
Yes we did have a hard time picking the cut off date for when players no longer qualify. But we do hope to help the newbies during the up-coming signups! Sorry you're an old fuddy duddy :(

YOU ALREADY DID.

And you're lucky #1 *High fives all around*

You Get:

1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Golden Anime
3 X Character Banners
1X Set of Thread Headers

Simply post which you'd like to claim in the appropriate format. For art requests, please see the ART DEPARTMENT post. For recommendations, please post your Roleplay preferences and our team will get to work.

142x3dz.jpg
I would like to pretty much cash in everything lol... What's the format?

I would like to pretty much cash in everything lol... What's the format?
Well you have to choose your artists and start filling out forms :) you also need to post your RP preferences to attain recommendations.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nivi
Well you have to choose your artists and start filling out forms :) you also need to post your RP preferences to attain recommendations.
Could I use one of the roleplay advertisements now? I mean it's not even a roleplay, just an interest check, but..

Could I use one of the roleplay advertisements now? I mean it's not even a roleplay, just an interest check, but..
Yes you can use any of the different package items. Just choose your artist and fill out the form. You may either PM your form to the artist or tag them here with your form :)

Yikes, I'd like to take advantage of this before it's too late (joined June 19th this year).

I've been struggling with trying to find what the BB codes are for a signature line, but not finding it.

I'll work on the form you mention. Thank you.

Reactions: Ali
@Ravenfrost
Tee hee, just in time too eh! We'd be more than happy to oblige your requests.

You Get:

1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Shinku⭐Kun
3 X Character Banners
1X Set of Thread Headers

142x3dz.jpg

I've been struggling with trying to find what the BB codes are for a signature line, but not finding it.
Im not sure exactly what you mean by this but to make a signature, simply hover over your name in the top right of your screen to access a drop down menu and select "signature" from the list. It's second from the top on the left. This will take you to a screen where you can enter in whatever text, codes, and a single image which will appear as you signature.

I'd love to take advantage of this!

@Ravenfrost
Tee hee, just in time too eh! We'd be more than happy to oblige your requests.

You Get:

1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Shinku⭐Kun
3 X Character Banners
1X Set of Thread Headers

142x3dz.jpg

Thanks! I'll be sending you a PM as soon as I get my "stuff" together. I liked what you did with the signature block samples and you've inspired me to put together a request for that and more. (Also thanks for your instruction on the signature blip itself.)

Reactions: Soulserenity20
Am I allowed to cash this in? The account is less than two months old, sure, but I had an account for like a year previously before deleting it because I couldn't focus RPs and work at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.