Newbie Care Package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-waves- Hello, new person here to claim my care package [joined the 13th this month].

-waves- Hello, new person here to claim my care package [joined the 13th this month].
Hello, Joan! Right now, we only have mentors to offer, since we're going through some big changes in the NCP. If you'd like to answer a few questions for me, I can go ahead and pick one for you!

Do you prefer to play 1x1, in a group, or both?
Do you want to play in chats or forums more?
Are you getting around the site without too many difficulties?

Hello, Joan! Right now, we only have mentors to offer, since we're going through some big changes in the NCP. If you'd like to answer a few questions for me, I can go ahead and pick one for you!

Do you prefer to play 1x1, in a group, or both?
Do you want to play in chats or forums more?
Are you getting around the site without too many difficulties?
I'm fine with both.
Forums, definitely.
I'm getting around without too much difficulty, yes.

Thank you for doing this!

I'm fine with both.
Forums, definitely.
I'm getting around without too much difficulty, yes.

Thank you for doing this!
Thanks! =) I hope @Nemopedia is a good mentor for you! If you don't know how to send a PM, just click on the name. It should bring up a little window that has a "Start a Conversation" link.

This same method works on any linked name or avatar on the site, and you can also start a conversation from your inbox if you don't mind typing out the username.

Hey! New person, just wondering how I claim my package and such :bsmile:

Hey! New person, just wondering how I claim my package and such :bsmile:
Welcome, Dimitri! Right now, we only offer mentors because we're going through a time of transition in the Newbie Care Package program, so unfortunately, we aren't able to offer the art or the RP recommendations, but keep your eyes open!

If you'd like, I can assign a mentor for you! I just need you to answer a few questions for me.

How well are you navigating the site? Any difficulties?
Do you want to play on the forums or in the chat more? Both?
Are groups your preference, or do you prefer 1x1 RP? Both?

Welcome, Dimitri! Right now, we only offer mentors because we're going through a time of transition in the Newbie Care Package program, so unfortunately, we aren't able to offer the art or the RP recommendations, but keep your eyes open!

If you'd like, I can assign a mentor for you! I just need you to answer a few questions for me.

How well are you navigating the site? Any difficulties?
Do you want to play on the forums or in the chat more? Both?
Are groups your preference, or do you prefer 1x1 RP? Both?
I am slowly figuring it out, It is much like another site I was on, so that's cool lol
I'm fine with either
Again, either! :)
Thank you for your help!

I am slowly figuring it out, It is much like another site I was on, so that's cool lol
I'm fine with either
Again, either! :)
Thank you for your help!
Happy to help! I think @Vivian might be a good mentor for you. To send a PM, if you don't know how already, just click on the name and when it pops up a little window, click the link that says "Start a Conversation". This method works for any linked name or icon across the site, to the best of my knowledge!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Actually I've been told people can't seem to shoot me the first message, if you can't find that start message icon give me a cookie and I'll magically appear. :^)

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
ih5c76.png

Please allow me to introduce our lovely, talented art and graphics staff!

Here, you will choose a staff member and present your request by filling out this form and PMing it to them. Alternatively, you may tag them by typing "@" and then their username and post the request form here.

Below is a list of available staff and a few samples of their artwork, along with which forms of graphics work they will do for you.

CLAIM FORMS
Remember, the more info you provide the better our artists can fulfill your requests.

CHARACTER RELATED
Request Type: (e.x. Character Banner 1/2/3, Header Set, or Advertisement 1/2, etc.)
Character Name:
Character Images: (PLEASE provide these. Don't make our art users find you char images.)
Secondary Desired Images: (accents that hint at your char's personality, etc.)
Quote: (If desired. Consider it a motto for your character)
Theme: (sexy, fierce, mountains, dragon rider, gambler, dark, horror, etc.)
Colors: (Which colors do you want to be used?)
Shapes/Other Request: (Anything else?)

RP RELATED
Request Type: (e.x. Character Banner 1/2/3, Header Set, or Advertisement 1/2, etc.)
RP Name:
RP Catch Phrase: (Slogans or catch phrases [most especially for ads]
Genre of RP:
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Images:
Other:

BASIC TEXT (HEADERS ETC)
Desired Text:
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Images:
Other:

AVVY/SIGGY SETS
Image(s):
Theme:
Colors:
Desired Text:
Other:

• Please click on each tab to view samples from each artist to make your selection. Feel free to get different artists to do different things!

• Work Availability: All requests

Samples

Advertisements
    8527578ea4cc1e3fa.png

jgjsde.png

25jze6c.png

243m0ya.png

Character Banners
    nwmrk9.jpg

24d57xy.jpg

2lw18wg.jpg

30bihqh.jpg

Signatures
    6xysyp.jpg

fvlg6s.jpg

Samples

TEXT[/SIZE][/B]
    f250jm.png

34gakcy.png

11tlybq.png

FANCY PNG BANNERS
    2rf9c8p.png

24crrxt.png

zsl10p.png

SIGNATURES
    20r0odu.png

opa3d1.png

CS/BIOGRAPHY STARTERS

dc96du.png

2rrozh2.png

ROLEPLAY HEADERS/TITLES

14ec96c.png

66xau8.png

25501l0.png

• Work Availability: Character Banners (#2), Thread Banners (Header Graphics) (#3), and Advertisements (#4)

Samples
    hs8j5w.png

wre5v7.jpg

20pa2ds.png

2bv5nr.png

2uhy82h.png

• Work Availability: Character Banners (#2) and Thread Banners (Header Graphics) (#3)
    CURRENTLY ON LEAVE

Samples

ROLEPLAY AD-BANNERS
    001200_zps4vkkiwmr.jpg

ROLEPLAY HEADERS
    pizap.com14403023130341_zpsbfs0rz2f.jpg

CHARACTER POST BANNERS / HEADERS
    0000000000000000_zpswxdczhtn.png

caspian_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnetv.jpg

casper_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fne1g.jpg

juniper_banner_1_by_iviolaceous-d9fmxwq.png

asa_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnhy2.png

alicia_banner_by_iviolaceous-d9fnl0c.png

Untitled%20drawing%203fdgasdfgsefg_zps8hrj3abl.png

pizap.com14361435152971_zpsl7sqlpz9.jpg

PHOTO EDITS
    1212121212_zps666jq5xb.jpg

b8ac377fed9c0478273ddbad931ec05c_zpssikrbqlz.jpg

Ittoki.Otoya.600.1646681_zpswujwaqbu.jpg

CHARACTER PORTRAITS/FULL BODY DESIGNS
    _ap__winnie_by_iviolaceous-da8jsjh.jpg

_closed__spotted_dear_cheeb_by_iviolaceous-d9yll08.png

_gemsona__moonstone_by_iviolaceous-da0523a.png

332ab57123a4721e494fe8f41d5e1d29-d9xz3s7.png

_open_cheap_adopt__azurite_by_iviolaceous-da2msgg.png

Samples

Character Banners
    68zam0.jpg

2web983.jpg

2w3udn8.jpg

2ivgrxj.jpg

2cosbp1.jpg

24eywqa.jpg

2qvh76g.jpg

Ads
    b9hjes.jpg

2mcf05v.jpg

9ubvvq.jpg

27ybq8g.jpg

11mdurk.jpg

dfcaja.jpg

Headers, RP-related
    9qzotf.jpg

vflbio.jpg

s1hi78.jpg

kej0o0.jpg

hs2ob7.jpg

Samples
    TBA

Banners
    banner-2-jpg.115546

banner-jpg.115547

Portraits
    opal-pony-png.115548

2-female-eyepatch-color-small-jpg.115549

2-female-eyepatch-jpeg.115550

Our artist WhisperingWillows has also offered to do a Div Box which can be used for "Housing a charaacter sheet, roleplay post, formatting an OOC thread." She will offer ONE to each new player and must be contacted directly for them as each will require more information than the above artwork.

SAMPLE:

[spoili]
2hqz50l.jpg
[/spoili]

Our artist Sir Basil has also offered to do a Character Portrait Studio to help add to this thread! Each newbie will be limited to one single portrait and must contact him directly for details.

SAMPLE:

[spoili]
tumblr_obgm85cnLQ1rk8b8so1_500.jpg

tumblr_oa45f7lTLv1rk8b8so1_540.jpg

tumblr_o4go8amw611rk8b8so1_1280.png

[/spoili]​
So do we just post a comment if we want this? owo"

Reactions: IceQueen
So do we just post a comment if we want this? owo"
Hi and welcome, Meowzers! Unfortunately, we're going through some big changes in the Newbie Care Package, so we can't get you the fancy art presents, but if you'd like a mentor, I have a few questions to ask just to see who I can find that best suits what you need!

How well do you think you're navigating the site?

Do you wanna play in chat, forum, or both?

Do you like 1x1 RPs or groups better?

Hi and welcome, Meowzers! Unfortunately, we're going through some big changes in the Newbie Care Package, so we can't get you the fancy art presents, but if you'd like a mentor, I have a few questions to ask just to see who I can find that best suits what you need!

How well do you think you're navigating the site?

Do you wanna play in chat, forum, or both?

Do you like 1x1 RPs or groups better?

I think I'm navigating alright, still sorta confused though. I think I could play in both, but I prefer 1x1 rps for the most part. Thanks so much! :D

I think I'm navigating alright, still sorta confused though. I think I could play in both, but I prefer 1x1 rps for the most part. Thanks so much! :D
It's not a problem!

I think a good mentor for you might be @Snowy Turtle ! To send a message, just click the username link, and a window should open up. Click "Start a Conversation", and you're good to go!

The same trick works for every linked name and avatar on the site, so go ahead and explore with that. =)

• Love
Reactions: meowzers001
It's not a problem!

I think a good mentor for you might be @Snowy Turtle ! To send a message, just click the username link, and a window should open up. Click "Start a Conversation", and you're good to go!

The same trick works for every linked name and avatar on the site, so go ahead and explore with that. =)
Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
YO ITS YA BOY SNEASEL
lol, hi im sneasel! i just joined this site (today!)
i read that u guys cant offer art, but thats fine, since i like to make my own anyhow~

im gonna go ahead and answer the questions i see posted above~~~

How well do you think you're navigating the site?---- im a bit lost, its bigger than what im used to, senpai!

Do you wanna play in chat, forum, or both?---- both sound cool, im fine with either!

Do you like 1x1 RPs or groups better?---- i haven't roleplayed in a while, so i'd like to try one-on-one for now~

You are awesomely proactive! Thanks so much for checking previous posts. I'm gonna let mah main gal The Mood is Write assign you a guide as soon as she can, but kudos on being a sparkly noob!

• Love
Reactions: Sneasel
You are awesomely proactive! Thanks so much for checking previous posts. I'm gonna let mah main gal The Mood is Write assign you a guide as soon as she can, but kudos on being a sparkly noob!

omg thank you so much! im glad im considered sparkly~

Last edited:
Hey, I'm a newbie! The art stuff is all cool and all (really awesome for the staff to do that as well, kudos to them) but want I really want is a mentor. Can I get the hook up? (and maybe some recommendations?)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
YO ITS YA BOY SNEASEL
lol, hi im sneasel! i just joined this site (today!)
i read that u guys cant offer art, but thats fine, since i like to make my own anyhow~

im gonna go ahead and answer the questions i see posted above~~~

How well do you think you're navigating the site?---- im a bit lost, its bigger than what im used to, senpai!

Do you wanna play in chat, forum, or both?---- both sound cool, im fine with either!

Do you like 1x1 RPs or groups better?---- i haven't roleplayed in a while, so i'd like to try one-on-one for now~
:O

Oh gosh, you are magical sparkly! I think @Kitti would be a good mentor for you. Just to make sure you didn't miss it (I don't think you did), just click the name and hit 'Start a Conversation', and you're gold! Also works with any avatar and linked name across the site, so it's super handy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Sneasel and Kitti
Hey, I'm a newbie! The art stuff is all cool and all (really awesome for the staff to do that as well, kudos to them) but want I really want is a mentor. Can I get the hook up? (and maybe some recommendations?)
Hi and welcome, Divinity!

Right now, all we have to offer are mentors, since we're going through some heavy revamps right now. If you don't mind, could you answer a few questions, just to make sure I can find the best mentor I can for you?

Do you like playing in group RPs or 1x1 more? Both?

Do you prefer to RP by chat or by forum? No preference?

Finally, how well are you navigating Iwaku itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.