New York Ghoul

Minami awoke to a dull grey day filled with rain, groaning when she realized she would have to go to work. She didn't go to school anymore so working was her main point of interest. Of course she hunted from time to time, but she kept her ravenous hunger in check and never hunted for more than she needed.

After getting out of her bed and making herself a cup of coffee, Minami walked over to her large freezer and opened it. Inside were numerous packets of meat, neatly wrapped and stacked in the freezer to be preserved. Minami dug around for a certain pack of flesh, human flesh, that was buried between the other kinds of meat. She made sure the freezer looked ordinary, as she did with her house.
She munched down on the piece of flesh while sitting down on her couch, watching tv. There was no news of an attack by one of her kind today, but she was sure she had caught the smell of ghoul and human blood on her way home. Most likely some Doves attacked some ghouls, or the other way around.

Minami despised Doves, not to the point of seeking them out, but she hated them pretty severely. They had spotted her once or twice and had given her a nickname; Angel of Death. She snorted at the thought of being called such a pretentious name, just because of her wings. Recently she had heard some Doves calling her Reaper as a synonym and she couldn't complain about that one.

After finishing her meal, Minami got ready and dressed for work, stepping out of her house and into the grey city streets she called home.

The ground in the back ally was cold, hard and Henrik laid there passed out in a pool of his own, Mary and his last meals blood. One of his arms had been twisted backwards and was sticking out, while other bones had just gotten a bit bruised. It was a mess, a mess with tones of RC cells flowing through his body and as he laid there through the night and the rain they started to kick in.

The wounds that covered his body from the Dove fight had slowly started to heal. His skin had started to regrow, healing his wounds in moments. The bones in his body started to shift into place and grow back together. The sounds scared away any animal close by, but there was one who didn't run, in fact she did the opposite.

Her fingers traced down his arm to the area which had moments ago been an open wound and was now regrowing right in front of her. Shifting her attention she looked at the knife which was still lodged in the boys back, questioning if she should pull it out or not. It was stuck deep inside him and every time she has much as touched it Henrik's body shifted, but he didn't wake. Grabbing the hilt she in pulled the knife out in one smooth movement and Henrik's eyes flew open and a loud growl echoed through the back ally.

"Calm down Henrik" she said as he covered his mouth and Henrik instantly knew who it was. Her long blond hair was in a ponytail and her blue eyes were filled with the kindness he had always known. The woman fiddled with her phone and called someone "I found him, but he is still to hurt to get home on his own. Come pick him up" after giving whoever she was talking to some directions she turned her attention back to Henrik and caressed his face "Daddy is on his way"

It took about 3 minutes before a man appeared in the ally and he was soaked by the rain. Without a word he picked Henrik up and started to carry him towards a car that was parked just around the corner and as soon as the doors closed the yelling began.

"How stupid are you !?" the woman yelled "You know you have been on the news right ? and you know what that means ?! That means that people will start looking for you and you should count your blessing because by a stroke of luck they have don't seem to have any video of you." The questioning lasted all the way home and then even some.

It took a while, but eventually Henrik was allowed to go shower, change clothes and get ready for work. He had expected that he could stay home today and lick his wounds, but no. It was his fault he got hurt so he was told to just suck it up and get his ass to work. This was going to be a really fun day

"Hmm??" Kaith woke up by the sound of pouring rain right outside her window. She sat up slowly but fell right back towards her bed, she soon realized that she was too lazy to get up. After a couple of minutes she soon stood up and let out a big yawn.

Kaith wasn't fond of school pretty much, but since she has no choice but to, she decided to take a quick shower and go to school early to make full use of the school's library. She hopes not to encouter ghouls again or worse.

Sitting inside the dining room, she ate her chocolate bread slowly while thinking something..

As soon as the female ghoul left her alone, she let out a heavy sigh. Mary can't believe she just became an emotional whining bitch right in from of the monster. Entering her apartment, she immediately brewed her tea and sliced her carrot cake. Any minute longer and she could have gone crazy, slicing everything she sees until she sips her tea. "Hey, Kuro" she greeted her pet cat and grabbed some cat food. "Today's events are rather tiring. The ghouls ruined my shoes and clothes again. Plus, I got bitten by one... great!"

Finishing her tea and carrot cake, she quickly took a refreshing bath and tended her wounds. She needed to wake up early for tomorrow for there will be a new shipment of books arriving at the library. As a librarian, she needs to catalogue each one and make sure that they will be placed at the proper section. "Tomorrow's going to be a long day" she mumbled at Kuro who was curled up beside her, stroking its soft white fur. After a couple of minutes, seeing that her cat is already asleep, she grabbed her phone and quickly sent a text message to Andrew and Kyle before drifting off to sleep.

"You two owe me a suit and a pair of shoes. Better prepare your wallets cause I'm going shopping soon. Also, get some rest okay? ;)"

Rayven Lore awoke that morning to the gray skies and blinked a few times, she didn't exactly have a home or anywhere to go other than her shop; so she always slept in there, on a small bed she'd managed to afford and stick in a back room, the same room where she happened to have her sewing machine and worked on the clothes she made. Somewhere she wondered how long it'd been since she ate last but tried not to think about it too much. In fact she simply sat up, woke up more, and set to work on making a suit she'd been working on for a few days now; she was one girl she couldn't work super fast; though considering the amount of clothes she had in her store she worked at a good pace. Rayven's Boutique is what it was called and it was a fairly small shop but it was cute, prettily decorated, and most who came to her little shop were Ghouls. That made her giggle as she worked, oh she hoped someone came by today she was bored out of her mind!

After about an hour of working she finished up the item she had been working on; turned it right-side in and ironed it out to get wrinkles out before hanging it up in the shop, she procceeded to go to the door and flip on her 'Open' sign and then sat behind the counter with a cup of coffee that she sipped on gently and let her mind wander back to how long it's been since she ate, blinking she tched a bit, "Crap...it's been a few days over a month...If I don't eat something soon I might well lose control..." She muttered it under her breath and watched the door, maybe some unfortunate human would come in; she would feel a bit bad but eh, it's either that or go berserk, though she felt like the other Ghouls would hate her quickly for that.

@Rin Mico
His head tilted slightly as he thought about what she had asked. She was curious, like him... but perhaps not as cautious. "As the saying goes 'You have to make hay in the shining sun'. I am a Quinx. I am what can essentially be described as an artificial Ghoul and, as such, I do not require human or Ghoul flesh for substance. However, I anticipated the occurrence of a shortage of such a resource. Therefore I have been slowly building this stockpile for when a Ghoul may need access to such a service" He explained, his cheery tone consistent throughout the entire tiny monologue. "To date I have harvested 37 humans for their flesh and put it into storage" He continued, gesturing to the set of freezers. "All of these were of a good quality, size and from different areas" He added, almost as an after thought

Damien stands over his most recent victim, but he is unknowing that he is the on to kill her. She was innocent, but he didn't care. Taking a final look at the body, he shoots into the air..... "Why did you do it.......... why did you kill me?" was all he could hear.

Damien woke with a start, his mind still halfway in the nightmare. Gripping his forehead, he rubbed away the headache that was common from him living on the floor. I need to get a bed soon. Or steal one from the prison. Standing, he stretched out, and reached for his propane stove and green coffee beans. Several minutes later, Damien sat at the edge of his cave with a cup of coffee in one hand. Thinking back to yesterday's events, Damien couldn't hide his smile. He had been accepted by someone that wasn't a ghoul! He had hope that it could happen. Though he knew he didn't have much time left. With the ghoul from last night, on top of the dove pressure, he couldn't have more than a couple of days left, maybe a month at most.

Sonia had never heard the saying he mentioned, but it sounded nice. "Artificial Ghoul? That exists?" she wondered aloud, the surprise clear in her voice. Now that was something new. She had heard an inkling of a rumor of being able to do such a thing, but she had no idea that it had proved successful. She looked across at him, taking him in with new eyes as he continued to speak. He didn't look any different than she considered herself. Human, but with the revelation of his kakugan had shown that he was more than just that. He was a Ghoul; yet somehow not even that seemed to fit him, not her definition of one anyway. Her nail picked at the clear wrapping of the meat he had offered her, making slight depressions in the plastic without tearing through it, leaving small streaks of red. She gave a dry chuckle, "Wow. Thirty seven is a lot for just stock-pile use." She couldn't remember the last time she had even hunted in such bulk, the threat of Doves slimming her down to maybe one every other week, two if she was lucky. She glanced at the refrigerators, her mostly empty stomach calling to be filled.

Using the tip of her still bloodied finger she cut a small opening in the package, her eyes instantly changing, but this time she reigned in her hunger as best as she could. She rip of a small chunk of the meat and chewed on it as she thought over his revelation, taking care to taste the meat. Nothing seemed to be off so she decided to eat more. "Well I have to admit, this is really good quality," she complemented before continuing, "what I don't understand is why have so much in storage if you don't eat it yourself? Forgive me for being frank, but I kinda get the feeling that you not the typically a Ghoul-in-Shining-Armour." She swallowed then corrected herself. "Oh sorry, Quinx-in-Shining-Armour."

Reactions: Equinox
@Rin Mico

Ryu looked a little confused, but then remembered that his methodology of reason was different to that of relatively normal people. "I predicted that Ghouls would have trouble killing enough people with the rise in Dove influence. I therefore slowly built up a supply of human meat, which is now a very valuable resource." He explained, getting up off the table and walking close to her.

"The key to this was to be able to assess it rationally. Without the desire or bloodlust behind my killings, I could plan them carefully, with no time constraints. This meant I would kill may three every week, but nearly untraceably. Many of my harvests were balmed on apprehended Ghouls. For example this one is from last month" He added, pointing to the date on the packet.

"It's all about trade. I am now one of the only people in New York with such a large supply of human flesh. I effectively have a monopoly of safe food for Ghouls, so I can afford to give some away to indebt someone to me" He reasoned with her, gesturing to the meat and then her

It was smart of him to think of stockpiling, Sonia couldn't help but think. She would've probably done it herself if her hunger had been in check. The way it was now she could hardly tear herself off once she bit down. "It must be convenient to not have to deal with bloodlust," she pointed out, her gaze following where his finger pointed. So this was fresh, she smiled.

This man was very interesting, and intelligent to boot. She had just taken another bite when the word 'indebt' hit her ears and her her spine stiffened. "Oh, there it is," she gave a dry chuckle, "nothing is free after all." She peered up at him under her red bangs, pushing a strand from her face, leaving a small streak of blood. "So tell me, what is my debt?"

@Equinox