New York Ghoul

Leo's attack connected knocking the dove to his knees. The boy saw the weapon coming for his face, he only just managed to avoid it at the close range. But it sliced into his mask, breaking the bottom half and revealing his teeth.

Leo moved swiftly around the kneeling dove, he was now behind him. He placed both his hands in the position to break Andrew's neck. "That was close" he said, referring to the man's attack to Leo's face. Leo's ears twitched a little behind the mask. "Are those your friends I can hear in the distance?" He asked. His grip on Andrew tightened, so if the dove did any unwanted movements Leo could break his neck

Sonia's narrowed gaze followed him as her sat. She scoffed when he began to swing his legs, looking all innocent even though he had just described the perfect way to murder her. There was nothing more that she wanted than to just get out of there, but she was too scared to move. What if movement triggers whatever he used, if he used anything at all? She had no idea at this point, but decided to play it safe; she was with an unknown ghoul.

She straightened slowly, steady so not to increased her heart rate, still starting at the man. "And what two reasons might that be?" She was stalling, trying to figure a way out.

@Equinox

"You reminded me of someone who was truly good" he replied, reminiscening about Blu a little. "And I just like red heads" he chuckled. "I don't know why you're looking so suspicious, if I had put something in the meat you'd be done for by now, no point in using something slow acting. So anyways, what's your story?" He asked.

@Rin Mico

"How many times did I told you to never call me Mary? It's making me feel weird!!! It's Claire okay? Claire. C-L-A-I-R-E. Claire." she said obviously annoyed.

"You got it Mary." he said, a small smirk on his face as he helped her stand up. He looked back toward the direction they came, 'What could be taking Andrew so long...' the options flashed through Kyles mind. None of them good. "You're right, lets get a move on, we came from back here..." he said to Mary as he motioned in the direction Andrew and he had been running from. "Come on now" he said as he spun backwards to back pedal and wait for Mary to catch up.

@DANAsaur

Claire growled at him calling her Mary again but eventually sighed in defeat. She's been telling him to call her Claire ever since they became friends but it seems like he likes to tease her to no end, calling her by her first name. "Do whatever you want, I'm too tired to argue with you" she said and followed him, trying her best to not show the pain in her arms. The pain is numbing her arm now, which greatly helps her to move along faster without crying.

As they rounded the corner, her eyes widen at the sight: Andrew's neck was being held by a ghoul. Mary looked around, looking for anything that could help her with the situation. She cannot let the ghoul kill Andrew. She cannot lose someone in her life again. She had treated the doves as her family ever since she lost her parents. Everytime someone she knew died, her heart breaks and a piece of it will be missing, just like the life taken away by the ghoul. It pains her so much but still holds a smile in her face, acting that everything is all right.

"Excuse me sir. Can you let go of my friend's neck?" Claire asked, trying to negotiate with him. At this point, she was letting her emotions decide, hating every fiber of her body for trying to negotiate with a ghoul. She had never thought about disobeying her principles but here she is now, doing what she hates, just to save a friend.

@FrostedCamel ❖Cats❖ @parkpyro

"Very well Kait, I'm Damien." He grabbed another item off a shelf, knowing he'd just toss it after he got home. "Your right about judgmental, but what about yourself? I know I could see ghouls and humans co-existing, but I get curious how other minds think." Damien's mind started to race, wondering how far she was reading into his thoughts, or how he asked the questions so hyped. Thinking back on her earlier comment, Damien blurted, "Well if I was a ghoul, why would I buy normal food?" He smiled innocently.

@.CandidFox.
((sorry for it being so late of a reply, family issues limited how often I can get on for a bit.))

Leo grinned as more people arrived. His smile clear now thanks to the broken mask, showing his lower face. "Looks like more toys to play with for a bit" he laughed. Leo stepped away from the man under his grasp, walking towards the others. They looked injured, maybe this wasn't going to be as fun as he wanted it to be. The boy stopped when he was an equal distance from them as he was from Andrew. He raised his arms slightly "Are you sure you want to do this?" Leo asked, looking at the girls wound. The man didn't look in good shape either. " Ghouls are annoying aren't they" he said, which was a weird thing to be said by a Ghoul.

He straightened up his clothing, like he was trying to act presentable. "Just before we begin" he said, looking up at the clock on a building. He had a some time to spare. "What weapons do you both use" he asked, his pointed tongue escaping his mouth and licking his lips.

Minami hummed a slight tune as she washed away some left over coffee cups, getting the shop ready to close up for the day.
She poured herself a cup and set it aside, also pouring one for her other colleagues before finishing up the register.
She brushed her untameable black hair aside as she took up her cup and sipped her coffee.

Today had been a particularly harsh day for her, as she hadn't eaten in a few days and the hunger was gnawing at her.
She had enough self control not to give in to the voices created by her rumbling stomach, but the restrain made her feel tired and weak.
She drank her coffee with a delighted sigh before walking out from behind the bar and brushing over her black, white and grey ensemble. 'See you tomorrow.' she greeted her colleagues while grabbing her coat before walking out.

[fieldbox= E M I L I A, #7c4bd1]

Emilia had clocked out from her work earlier today unlike any other day. There were some special circumstances that involved her personally, however, during the night, on her way home, she could see that something wasn't right. Even with the activity of the Ghoul Investigators rising in her area, she was able to keep her actual identity as a ghoul hidden, no one besides a couple knew who she was, nor was she a reckless binge eater like many of her other kinds in New York. She was probably one of the few who could control her habits as a ghoul, and then you had something called coffee. It was the perfect thing to quench her thirst for human flesh. While she walked down one of the many streets in the city, she stopped in her tracks and gazed at the lovely sky. The moon was quite mesmerizing and illuminating. It was a beautiful night. "Ah.. When would things just... settle down..?" She rhetorically sighed.

What she said was related to something she knew personally, which involved her kind and the Ghoul Investigators, or in other words, the humans. She was wearing a beige leather jacket, with a black top underneath it. From the waist down, she wore black slim-fit pants, along with black mid-heeled boots. She was a good looking woman, however, she rarely used her charm to lure in people who were attracted to her in order to fulfill her need to eat their flesh. After a while, she tilted her head down, away from the beautiful night sky. She eventually started to make her way down the street. The breeze was lovely and amazing during the night. It was neither cold, nor was it hot.

Emilia just felt like walking home today, nor did she take the taxi or the train. She eventually walked down a block or two before the smell of blood was caught by her nose. She immediately knew it was to that of a human, and during those hours, it may as well be a human getting eaten by a ghoul. But, the woman was also quite curious as to who it may be. "Not even a single night where a human isn't preyed upon by one of my kind.." She boringly finished. It was nothing new, nor was it old. If the ghouls didn't run around from one point to another each and every night to eat the poor inferior race, the doves' activity would not have increased as much as it has now.

Eventually, she decided to check it out and turned to the right by walking down a small alley. She noticed that there was a door in the alley, leading to the building to her right side. She made an attempt to open the door, and fortunately for her, the path before her was available. Stepping inside the building, she walked up the many floors before reaching the roof. Emilia kept on walking on the roof until she reached the far side of the building. The smell of the blood also became more and more apparent. She could even hear some voices down on the street. "So the doves have finally caught a ghoul's attention.. Or perhaps its the other way around.." She whispered to herself. After a few moments, she stepped up on the ledge of the building.

Her eyes' natural color was to that of brown. Gazing down at another alley, she noticed a ghoul holding someone, who she assumed was an investigator, but there was more to the situation than what she noticed at first. There were more than just one dove there. There were actually three. Two males and a female, where one was being held hostage. Her eyes squinted as she just kept on observing the situation. "Two against one.. huh?.. Maybe it'll soon be three against one? If he ever gets away?.. The odds seems to be in favor of the doves.. I must say..." She mischieviously finished. The color of her eyes changed, they went from their normal state to that of a ghoul's, the became red.

"Another night... Ruined..." Despite everything, Emilia just couldn't let the doves get their holds on a ghoul, but she was also quite neutral, and was not out to pick a fight, however, she wanted to see what she could do to stop it. Her eyes eventually diverted towards the female dove, who was apparently wounded. "So.. thats where the blood I smelled came from..." Judging by what the female ghoul saw, perhaps the doves were in a disadvantage. The female dove who was wounded, seemed to be someone who would just be in the way, but thats only if a fight ever occured between the people down in the alley she was observing.

She eventually decided to interfere, and to see what would happen next. It was also for her own amusement. She slowly but surely jumped straight down to the alley, landing right in the middle. Standing in between the two doves and the ghoul holding the third dove by the neck. While she descended down from the builiding, her kagune was activated, though only so slightly so it would only cover half of her face. Emilia could control her kagune to great lengths, so only a mask was generated to cover her identity from the ears and her nose down. Almost as if it was a ninja mask, however the color of the latter was to that of both black and dark magenta.

Her actual kagune was not fully out, nor could anyone see that she used the latter to create a mask. While she stood in between the two parties, she glanced over at both the sides, before turning over to the ghoul, who seemed to be itching for a fight against the investigators. "Maybe you should stop?..." She suggested, though assumingly knew what the answer might be. Turning her attention over to the male and female dove, she decided to address them this time.

"You know.. It is sooooo unfair that there are more... I dont know?.. Like three doves against one Ghoul?.. Wait.. I mean two and a half?.. Besides... That woman.. Who's bleeding... With her expensive clothes and all... The smell of her blood is pretty much all over the area... So perhaps you guys should back away?... Unless more of my kind comes crawling over?... However don't take this the wrong way.... I'm just trying to help you guys out... Plus... It's not like I want a piece of her flesh.." Emilia took a pause, before looking over at the male dove. "Or yours....." She took another brief pause, before nodding to the third dove who was in a difficult position. "Or the one behind me.. Who may just have his throat ripped out any second now..." She playfully finished, almost chuckling to the thought of the situation before her.

"Don't you agree... Ghoul-san?..." She calmly expressed her opinion, referring to the one behind her. "So... What do you doves say.... Live to fight another day?.... I bet that she would agree... Right?..." She nodded towards the wounded investigator. Wondering what course of action would be taken next by both parties..

@parkpyro @FrostedCamel @DANAsaur @❖Cats❖ [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DANAsaur
"Kit. It's KIT." She emphasized and glared at him. "I get irritated when they call me Kait". Placing her thing on the counter, she noticed that the owner of the shop was not here. Leaning to the side, Kaith raised an eyebrow and stared at him blankly "Myself?" She asked bluntly. "Why would you want my opinion?" She added and looked at his arms. "And Yea, Why would you buy normal food?" Looking at the food he was carrying, her eye twitched and turned around as a sweat formed from her neck.

'A Ghoul alright' she thought, his presence and the way he speaks was enough to tell that he was one. She saw too many ghouls trying to act as humans, the amount of coffee was a dead giveaway to her. Kaith's body tensed a little and closed her eyes.

After minutes as the owner came and placed her item in a bag, she spoke again.

"If you want my opinion, here. As long as nothing serious like war happens here then." She stopped and said no more. She spoke too much already, to her it's like she's trusting him already.

@❖Shlavekt❖

"I could see where a war would happen, but I wish they would give it a chance." He purchased his things then walked toward her, past her and to a trash, throwing away everything but the coffee, he turned back to her. "You had already figured it out a while ago, didn't you? But you didn't want to believe it because of everything I had said, yes? I'll tell you one thing, I don't like it. I wish I could be like you, so I only eat death row." He spun and walked to the door. "However, if you want to kill me and leave it at that, feel free to try, but I won't hurt you either. That is, unless you really piss me off." He stood, half in the store and half out. "Or do you want to try to believe that I won't hurt you? Maybe try and accomplish evidence of co-existence, while still being from different sides?"

@.CandidFox.

Kaith grabbed her bag and turned around. Was he going to leave her? She had to admit, This was the first time had a conversation with someone and a ghoul too. Her mind was spinning and looked at him. "No, I just wanted to know what it feels like talking to someone.... or a ghoul again." She looked away as her eyes held something else. Why was she this all of a sudden?!

"I don't want to kill you. I can't" Kaith walked near to him and looked down. "I-I wanted to see if the ghouls which I've seen before were now different, maybe more f-friendlier?" She stuttered. She was surprised that she was now stuttering after all these years. "I want to see if co-existence still...." She couldn't finish it and frowned. Could she still go near someone without hesitation? She felt fear creeping up but quickly pushed it down.

Is it possible to friend a ghoul? Again? sort of..

@❖Shlavekt❖

Last edited by a moderator:
"Again? And here I thought I was the only one that thought we could be somewhat normal with everyone else." Damien relaxed a little bit. "Do you mind if I ask about that?" At her comment about friendlier, he thought for a moment. "I don't think we have changed much, but most of my family had been a bit more along the lines of neutral." He took in this person, Kait no, it's Kat seemed a bit hesitant, maybe she was holding out until a Dove came along? Maybe this was a setup to get one of the few that wouldn't fight back. Damien laughed a little at himself. "Did you know that there are actually some of us who can truly fly?"

@.CandidFox.

"Wait really?!" She suddenly snapped her head up and stared at him with wonder. No way there are flying Ghouls! Realizing her actions, she blushed and looked away. "S-sorry for my attitude.." Kaith apologized, feeling embarrassed. Stepping outside, she wanted to see it and right now she was unusually feeling happy. All her hesitation left and was replaced with wonder. "S-so... Do you fly?" She asked suddenly as she fixed her black medical mask on her mouth. Obviously she didn't want to talk about her past. For now at least, not here..

@❖Shlavekt❖

Damien couldn't hold back a laugh at her enthusiasm. "You really know a bit about our world, don't you?" He walked outside, and after undoing the buttons on the back of his jacket where the bases start, allowed his wing Kaugume to slide out and take form. "I can, in fact, fly. Though it's not that helpful when fighting another ghoul, but it is handy when trying to escape a Dove." He smiled and lifted himself off the ground and hovered just over a foot up. "Do you live far from here, because I bet you haven't seen the few from above."

@.CandidFox.

Kaith nods and took a step back. "My home is a few blocks from where we are." She said while looking up at him. "Impressive really." She added and smiled faintly even though her mouth is being covered by a mask. Looking around, she saw the owner faint from the sight and fell. "Oh dear~" she giggled looked back at him. "And I might wish to see the best view from above." Kaith said with a calm voice and tugged his leg.

@❖Shlavekt❖

"Then let's head off, wouldn't want the shop keep to wake and not think it was a dream.... that would be bad for you." He landed and picked her up in one arm and launched into the air, stopping just under the clouds. "When I can't sleep, or I had a bad day, this always calmed me down." He looked around at all the houses. "They are like ants from here, so my problems are even smaller than that." Seeing that the moon was about to set, he gestured below them. "Where to?"

@.CandidFox.

"Huh? What do yo- Damien!!!!" She exclaimed when she flew straight up with him. Kaith hugged his shoulders, grabbing on him as her heart raced from the height. Stopping under the clouds, she looked up to the clouds and was fascinated by it. It took minutes until she glanced at him and look down. "E-Eh.." Her grip tightened around his shirt and saw some people fighting not far below and the other ghoul was sleeping behind the building. 'Sleeping Ghoul?' she thought. Seeing her house by the distance, she looked at it and she had to say......her house was very bright and noticeable even from above. So.......red and bright

@❖Shlavekt❖

Last edited by a moderator:
After the ghoul let Andrew go, he walked over to his fellow dove members. "Watch out guys, this ghoul is strange." Andrew said as he stared at the ghoul. A few moments later another ghoul arrived. ~Great, now we have more ghouls.~ Andrew thought. Andrew gave a big sigh. ~It seems I have to use it...." Andrew took off his coat and stabbed his weapon into the ground. When Andrew stabbed his weapon into the ground, his secret armor, Arata proto, activated. The armor surround Andrew's body,only leaving his head exposed. ~I don't want to use it's final form, unless I have to.~
@parkpyro @FrostedCamel @DANAsaur @Akashi

" How embarrassing " Leo laughed a little as the new Ghoul showed up. "looks like I'm being saved by a girl" he said, in a mocking tone. He eyed the girls kagune, it looked very interesting.

Leo grinned as he watched the man release his secret weapon. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. An armour that coated the man's body, and had the stench of a Ghoul. " Ahhh, your armour looks rather taste" Leo sighed. Maybe this was his lucky day, he could fight these doves and eat a bit of their strange creations. Then he could move onto the female Ghoul.

Leo moved in front of the Ghoul next to him. " looks like we have no choice" he said. The boy removed his coat and chucked to the floor. He was wearing a black v neck T-shirt. " Maybe we should get serious" he suggested.