New York Ghoul (A Tokyo Ghoul RP)

View attachment 67764
Name: Minami Nyx
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Minami has exceptionally long black hair, which is spiky and unmanageable most of the time. She always wears something on her head like a hood or a cap.
Her body is slender, but she isn't weak at all. She has amber colored eyes and a fair skin and usually dresses in jeans with sneakers and tank tops.
Occasionally she can be found in a black kimono, she has developed a liking for the thing.
Her boney wings and skull mask have effectively given her the nickname "Reaper" among doves.

Personality: Minami has shielded herself from the world and trusts few people. She doesn't want to blend in with the human society, but does so anyway. She is hesitant to warm up to people, but will be very affectionate when she does so. Children are her weak spot.
Minami is a great fan of Japanese culture and will buy typical Japanese things. She always eats with her chopsticks and has purchased a kimono online.
History:

When Minami was only 9 years old her younger sister, who was 6 at the time, was spotted feeding after sneaking out of the house. Shortly after she was suspected as being a ghoul by the Doves and one day was stopped by two as she walked home from school. Her father had suspected this to happen and had followed his youngest daughter, protecting her when she was attacked. His wife, Minami's mother, had also joined him and fought the Doves furiously. It looked like they were winning, one of the Doves was taken out and the other was severely wounded, but right at that time back-up showed up and both Minami's parents and her sister were taken down. Her father had taken some precautions and when they were not heard from, a friend of his came to pick up the remaining daughter.

Kagune:
Minami has inherited her Kagune from her parents and they have changed a bit over the years.
Her Rinkaku is a dark color, almost black in appearance. At this point she has several tentacles to fight with, which seem like ordinary Rinkaku. In battle, however, she can change the appearance of her rinkaku to seem almost like chains with spikes on them.
View attachment 67763

From her father she has inherited her ukaku, though they look nothing like ordinary ukaku wings. Instead, the kagune has taken on an almost bone-like appearance with an earie aura surrounding it, almost as if the liquid muscle has become like mist.

Finished ^^

I'll be able to get posts up starting in around 4 hours, if I had to guess Cats aswell seeing as last time they were seen was a normal time to go to sleep in my time zone so I have to infer he lives in the same time zone as me, and goes to school as well.

Name: Akamine Rin
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality:
Due to his strict upbringing, Rin often comes off as a rather quiet but refined gentleman. Altough he is not exactly afraid of voicing his opinions, his manner of actions and speech are always polite. Call him politely blunt, if you will. This chivalrous nature of his can be seen as both his greatest strength and weakness. He does, unlike most investigators, not display signs of hate towards the ghoul race in general, and instead prefers to pick out individuals of 'bad taste', as he likes to express it. This applies to both humans and ghouls. While he understands that ghouls are a threat to the human race and for this reason must be eliminated, he is unable to label all of them as mare insects. He strongly dislikes the thought of harming an individual which has not actually committed a crime. This view most likely stems from his own experiences, where he was condemned for something he couldn't help.

Guided by a strong sense of duty, Rin takes his job very seriously. In fact, he takes almost everything seriously, and is rather terrible at understanding jokes and anything of the nature. Unless made thoroughly obvious, chances are he will take it literally. Aside from his strong sense of duty, he also wears a shackle by a the name of honor. The idea of torture or unjustified actions based on presumptions, rather than solid facts is something he thinks of utterly repulsive and tries to avoid at all costs. Due to this, one can either chose to view him as honorable or a fool- neither would be wrong. It is true that in a sense; Rin possesses an almost childish naivety. He is unable to think of ghouls as soulless freaks, incapable of thought and emotion (possibly due to their human appearance) and thus always suffers emotionally when forced to take one down. While he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger on cold blooded murderers, ghouls which might have been otherwise are a completely different matter. According to Rin, the taking of anthers life should always be as quick and painless as possible.

While he may feel strongly about taking the lives' of 'innocents', Rin's dutiful nature prevents him from refusing absolute orders of superiors. He may express displeasure and question as to why this or that must be done, but his upbringing does not allow him to outright defy anyone of higher rank. Rin respects thoughts and views of other people which may disagree with his, but he still holds firm to his own believes.
History:
Unknown (I'd like to leave it as a surprise for now)
Quinque:
Rin does not like the idea of fighting with quinques, as he views it as dishonorable. Nevertheless he knows it is nearly impossible to defeat ghouls without one, and thus, though begrudgingly, accepted to take one into his belongings. He has named it 'reaper', due to the fact that it reminds of a double sided scythe in shape. Black with what appears to be aqua tripes which glow when the quinque is in use, it can become quite the intimidating weapon. Especially so, as both blades can be removed and utilized in as similar manner as to how one would make use of throwing blades. Once a blade has been dislodged, it will within a short span of time grow back.

While he does possess a quinque and uses it when the situation calls for it, Rin tries to mainly rely on 'natural' means to reach his goals. He is quite adept in the use of a gun, and excels at several martial arts. Swift, agile and far stronger than he looks, Rin can become quite the ferocious opponent if he so likes. Not only physically skilled in combat, but also sharp to the mind, he is rarely seen to express panic or distress in such situations. Instead he tackles most challenges calmly, calculating both his own and his opponents every moves in order to find their weak points and openings.

Last edited:
full

Human

Name:
Kaith Feltman

Sexuality:
Straight

Personality:
An Introvert who keeps all the secrets to herself. She doesn't have friends and she keeps it that way for her own safety it seems, since she has experienced a near-death situation with a ghoul and has seen numerous deaths with them every time she walks by the ally. Kaith is also a major bookworm and is very smart. Always quiet and slightly cautious, she is a brave girl and kind. And she trusts nobody.

Deep inside her heart, she longed for a friend who wouldn't betray her and eat her.

History:
There was one thing Kaith learned when she got caught up in a near-death situation.

"Trust Nobody....No One at All. Because, You don't know if the person in front of you, or the people around you, are either Humans....Or Ghouls."

After her parents died from an airplane crash since she was 8. Kaith lived life independently. She stayed with her Grandparents and Uncle as she helped around the house, doing chores and helped run the bookshop with her Uncle. She didn't have friends at school until she met a girl older than her who befriended her and gained her trust until she took her in a park at night and attacked her. Scared, She screamed until she was heard by a man(Who was a dove) and attacked the monster until she died. Now the girl got scared and became weary of everyone since she has now discovered these people called ghouls.

Growing up until now, she didn't talked to anybody at all except her family. She passed alleys and has seen numerous deaths but she didn't care as it was now a normal situation to her.

Works as a cashier on a family business called "Fantasy Bookshop"

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of you are accepted. Thank you very much for your applications :)

Alright O3O better start typing her point of view now

Both of you are accepted. Thank you very much for your applications :)

Thank you. ^^ Would I be allowed to create a second character? A ghoul? XD

The more people there are, the more the Rp will flow :D

Woaaa~ am I the only human in the roleplay who is not a Dove? *A*

Yeah, looks like your the only human. However I like it. Interesting to see how your character would fare in this world. @.CandidFox.

Finished ^^
Nice, another one who works at a cafe place. Would yours be working at the same place as my char?

BOTH ARE WIP SINCE I'M VERY TIRED. >.<

[fieldbox="Arisa Clarke, hotpink, dashed, 10, times new roman"]

N A M E
▹ Arisa Melanie Clarke
A G E
▹ 22
G E N D E R
▹ Female
S E X U A L I T Y
▹ Pansexual
P E R S O N A L I T Y
▹ Arisa may look pretty, but she's far from delicate. She's possesses as sharp a mind as she's got a sharp tongue, and possesses a determination (and stubbornness) that could be likened to a rock. She's not the kind of person to take no for an answer, and won't give up unless there's a really good reason for it. In other words, she will rarely do anything half assed. This perfectionist nature often makes her come off as a workaholic, and that may not be entirely without basis. Although Arisa is far from afraid of expressing her opinions openly, she does know when to hold her tongue in at least most situations. Arisa possesses an almost childlike curiosity, and has a tendency to seek information or perspectives most people tend to overlook or ignore. She is very critical when it comes to all kinds of information, and believes there is always more than one side to a story.
H I S T O R Y
▹ I'll leave it for now.
O C C U P A T I O N
▹ Journalist and aspiring author
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Ethan Lancaster, #3399FF, dashed, 10, times new roman"]
N A M E
▹ Ethan James Lancaster
A G E
▹ 26
G E N D E R
▹ Male
S E X U A L I T Y
▹ Bisexual
P E R S O N A L I T Y
▹ Ethan has a kind and generous personality, yet these traits often end up getting overshadowed by his negative traits. He hates to quarrel, and will "slither out" of situations if they get too uncomfortable for his taste. He doesn't want to be pinned down to anything, and is quite cowardly in nature. For a grown adult he tends to act rather childish, and is more than half bad when it comes to taking care of himself. Ridicules as it may sound for a ghoul, Ethan is squeamish for blood. Last but not least, the violinist is an incredible casanova, and will shamelessly flirt with any good looking female (and in some cases men) around.
H I S T O R Y
▹ Ethan was born into a wealthy, high class family. Due to his family's overprotective nature, he was rarely let outside the mansion. He was homeschooled and whenever he did leave, he was always accompanied by a maid or steward. As such, Ethan's communication with other children his age was very lacking. To keep boredom at bay, he spent most of his free time playing the violin – something he has always enjoyed doing very much. As soon as he was old enough to move out, he took the opportunity, moving into a smaller mansion belonging to his family. At some point, he happened to come across a young, homeless girl. Pitying her, he decided to take her in, and she has been living with him ever since. Today he's not sure what he would have done if she weren't around. She's a life saver, that's for sure. Especially for a hopeless case such as himself.
K A G U N E
▹ Bikaku- resembling a tail, the kagune is released around the tailbone. There's just one, though it does split at the tip like the tail of a nekomata. It also has a similar shape as that of a cats.
O C C U P A T I O N
▹ Violinist
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like your the only human. However I like it. Interesting to see how your character would fare in this world. @.CandidFox.

Nice, another one who works at a cafe place. Would yours be working at the same place as my char?
Mine works at starbucks

Mine works at starbucks
Ah, I see. Mine works at a Cafe Restaurant. Like the Anteiku in anime/manga.

I believe @Minami also works at a place such as mine. So it wouldn't be odd if Minami worked where Emilia does. It would actually be interesting.

Cooooffffffffeeeeeee O m O. It surprises me that Ghouls enjoy coffee rather than any other food

Yeah Akashi that would work ^^ sounds like fun