New Year, Same Trash [fandoms and originals]

E

emmelinejames

Original poster
It's that time again. I can feel it in the air.

About me!
-So here's the thing: I'm not exactly rolling in free time. Surely now is not the best time to start seeking roleplays again? Tell that to my cravings. (I have a job and a health condition but I still want to write so what can you do)

-My posting rate is about one to two posts per week. Please be okay with this in advance. Naturally, there will be weeks where this can increase if work is slow or the mood is right, but don't expect more than one post every few days. I'm a slow writer in general

--I've been roleplaying for a number of years now and I write regularly. I aim for multi-paragraph posts and I try to keep my quality of writing as high as I can, given whatever circumstances arise. Hopefully, my partner can do the same. Posts can range from from about 300 words [three short paragraphs] to 1000; at that point, I cut myself off because I'm usually sick of my own writing voice

-I primarily play [queer] male characters, though I can and will double where required. I roleplay and am comfortable with any and all sexual and gender identities

-I like a lot of dark elements in my roleplays, but I also really like fluff, so please tell me any triggers to avoid as well as any aspects you'd like to include. Any plot candies you like, be sure to mention them!

-I love chatting and plotting with my partner. I've made some great friends on here, which I would love to happen again. Ooc chat is something I will always make time for, and it's a good way for my partner to know when to expect a new reply to the roleplay, as well as get a sense of me as both a writer and a human person.

--This is probably the most important point. I am only looking for one to three partners, three being my absolute max. Usually, I am very free with taking on partners, but this has often led to me feeling overwhelmed or not being able to keep up to date with roleplays when my life gets a bit busier. If we had a roleplay in the past that I disappeared from, it's likely that I quit the internet due to stress and I'm very sorry. Since I'm only taking on a small number this time around, I will be a little selective about who I say yes to. I'm only agreeing to roleplays that I know I will be able to sustain interest in and content for. I'm really sorry to anyone this offends or anyone who isn't accepted, but I'm here for fun and a bit of escapism and I don't want to feel obliged or stressed about replying.

Original Plots (Some of these have been taken from my second account's previous thread, all are open to romance or platonic relationship of any pairing)

Like You Used To Do:
It's summer and our characters return home from college to their sleepy small town for the summer. When they run into each other, they are shocked by how much they've changed since their high school days. Whatever their previous connections, they reconnect for the summer and develop a friendship/relationship that they know will expire in September.

New Politics: [TAKEN]
When his father decides to run for Congress, my character is unwillingly roped into the campaign. His real role is keeping the family's nefarious past hidden. Your character is the bright-eyed, eager intern who, through their budding friendship/relationship with MC, gets caught up in the shady dealings and corruption.

Bottom of the River:
At the height of World War I, a small village in rural England has been decimated by the draft, leaving them with few male citizens. The women of the village must assume the roles left vacant by their fathers, brothers and husbands who've been sent to war. Two women struggling with their new roles find comfort in each other.

Brick by Boring Brick:
When both of our characters realize their lives each emulate a classical fairytale, they seek out their sources in an antique copy of Grimm's Fairytales. The book, recognizing them as belonging to the tales, transports them within its pages, where they must survive each tale until the end to return to their own world.

Fandoms:
· Merlin
Only accepting modern era for this one. I like to play Arthur here and often like to include some darker themes.

· All for the Game/ The Foxhole Court
I've never roleplayed this and I don't know if people even do that, but I just like writing sports and Exy is amazing and Andrew Minyard is my fave. I'd also be really interested in OCs for this, maybe later Foxes, after all the monsters have graduated or during Neil's captaincy? I don't even know here.

· Harry Potter
Preferably OCs. Bonus points for Quidditch-centric. Otherwise, I play a very particular strand of Draco Malfoy that isn't to everyone's taste, so fair warning. Bonus bonus points if I get Draco and Quidditch together.

· Captive Prince
Another one I've never tried before. Preferably modern (are you sensing a theme yet?) but willing to play canon-era. I would like to play Laurent and/or Nicaise.

· Dragon Age
Let's be real: Inquisition is my life, my passion, my joy. However, I've tried a few roleplays following the game events and they weren't entirely my thing. So instead, I'd be interesting in something pre-Inquisition, or possibly in the interim between Inquisition and Trespasser? I would probably play an OC, but it would be interesting to have canon characters too, like a young Inquisitor or some of the Inner Circle before they became the people we know them as. That was a lot of rambling, but if you have any ideas/cravings, let me know and we can work out something. This is the fandom I'm most flexible in because I love writing it

That's about everything! If you'd like to discuss any plots, fandoms or pairings, please shoot me a PM.
If you have any ideas or cravings yourself that aren't listed here, or would like something within these fandoms beyond what I've listed here , feel free to pitch them to me in a PM and I will consider them, though I can't guarantee I will accept them.

I will be adding or amending plots and fandoms as I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sweet
Reactions: SunOfTheStar
Work is due to slow down a little in the next few days, still looking for one or two partners ^^

Hey there, I was wondering if you wanna develop this rp plotline with me? It primarily involves the pod of this alien creature crashing onto a world it's not supposed to be in, having escaped the destruction of it's home world and the kidnapping of it's people. Now it just searches for a new home while trying not to get caught.

I also have a weird craving for other wordly things coming into Thedas (such as the above), and are trying to hide their true nature out of fear for the unknown. I don't know if you'd accept, but hey, gotta try at least right?