"new world"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Understood sir. The other factions see us as war-mongers or barbarians, but we do live by a code. She'll be safe." Levi smiles his cocky half grin. "When do we leave?"

Jackson smiled, "good to hear, you two may leave now." He instructed then gave the two a nod.

Arkiona couldnt breath, she couldn't say anything. Jackson was just giving her away to battle and she didn't have a say. Because of this she had to leave her home, her friends; everything behind just because she was one of the best.. "t..thank you sir.." was all she could muster before running out the tent passed Levi and the worried some looking Justin.

Justin seeing Air run passed automatically jumped from his seat at the bar about to run after her before he saw Levi, "what happen in there?" He asked with slight hostel tone.

"I don't know. She was fine, then turned pale and ran out. I'm worried about her, but we need to get ready to move." He keys his comm to his team. "Alright boys. Bring the trucks out of the forest. Keep our surprises in the back hidden unless we need them. Merrick out."

Justin looked over his shoulder were he last saw the lass and sighed, "You're right." He agreed and began to help Levi and his team get ready for the trip.

When the truck was set all they needed was Arkiona, "She's still not back, are you sure nothing happened to her?" Justin asked his new found partner well looking up to the sky. It was mostly covered in orange, pinks, and blues as the sun was slowly sinking down into the earth, "It's getting late." He noted while scratching the back of his head nervously, "You think something happened to her?" He suddenly asked Levi, no longer hiding his worry.

Arkiona had ran all the way down to the creek, just a few hundred meters off of the entrance of the village. Crying into her knees, she knew that she was being over dramatic about the situation, but this was her first time leading a mission, let alone leaving the base without Jackson; Now he's just shipping her off like a war part, it wasn't fair. "Stupid fucking war anyway.." The lass mumbled to herself well tears slowly dripped down her cheeks.

"She'll be fine. I don't know her as well as you, but I can tell she's strong. She'll make it." He listens to his men say they were positioning the trucks, one ahead of the supply truck, and one behind, with his men on thoroughbred racehorses along the side of the column.

One of his men breaks off from the column, because he sees the strategist they were supposed to protect crying near the side of the road. He dismounts and says, "Are you ok, ma'am?"

Arkiona heard a unfamiliar voice appear from behind her, causing her to panic. Jumping up from her seat of moss and rocks, she dove her fist into the man's diaphragm. Though when she saw the red bandanna he was wearing she immediately jumped away and covered her mouth in shame, "Im so sorry!" She cried through the muffle of her hands, the lass's cheeks turning a rusty red.

"strong women is what causes the most trouble." Justin said jokingly knowing if Air was here he would of received a hard hit from her for the comment, then continued helping keeping the comic though in mind.

"It's ok." The man says as he doubles over with a gasp. He rights himself. "Do you need a ride back?"

"They are that."Levi agrees. He suddenly hears a gasp over the comm, and arikona saying she was sorry. "Sounds like parke snuck up on our strategist, and she socked him."

Arkiona feeling bad continued to apologize, "I'm so sorry!!" Was what seemed to be the only thing she could say at the moment. Then reached down and helped the man straighten up, "I-I can help you get back to the base o-or something." She said still startled.

Justin started to laugh, "Thats Air for ya." He spoke between laughs and a smile as he looked over to the direction of the apologies.

"No ma'am. The colonel sent me to find you and let you know we are ready to leave." He mounts his horse and reaches his hand down. "Cmon. I'll give you a ride back."

"Yeah, but it tends to happen a lot with Parke. He says it's a way of showing that the women like him. I say he's full of shit." Levi remarks to Justin.

Blushing massively, the lass takes the mans hand and mounts the horse behind him. Instinctively she wrapped her arms around his waist she so wouldn't fall, though the close contact gave her more of a reason to blush, "thank you." She said quietly into his midback.

Justin laughed at the lads comment, "if that were true then i would be married at this point." He teased and leaned his back against the cool paint of the truck while waiting for the arrival of his leader.

The man expertly rides the horse up to Levi and Justin. "Here she is Colonel."

Levi can tel he was still a little winded. "Hit you, did she?"

"Yes sir."

"Don't worry. She tried hitting me the first time we met, Parke." He turns to Arikona and helps her dismount. "Ready to go?" He smiles.

Her face was still bright red, but slowly the color began to fade, "yea lets go." She said warily.

Justin arched an eyebrow at the lass's darken cheeks. Though simply shurgged and hopped in the back with the cargo and loaded his sniper, "I'll help with cover up here." He told Levi well adjusting his scope to the proper adjustments from the roof of the truck and laid down.

Air smiled at Justin, "keep sharp." She told him before jumping in the cab of the truck and scooted over to the passenger side well adjusting her own weaponry.

Her face was still bright red, but slowly the color began to fade, "yea lets go." She said warily.

Justin arched an eyebrow at the lass's darken cheeks. Though simply shurgged and hopped in the back with the cargo and loaded his sniper, "I'll help with cover up here." He told Levi well adjusting his scope to the proper adjustments from the roof of the truck and laid down.

Air smiled at Justin, "keep sharp." She told him before jumping in the cab of the truck and scooted over to the passenger side well adjusting her own weaponry.

Levi suddenly remembers something. "Oh wait. Before we go, here." He hands them both a lump of wax. At the look on their faces, he laughs. "It's the latest MMBITR. It molds to your ear. It can translate any of Earths languages. To speak, just talk out loud, and the team will hear you. Tap your ear to turn it off and on."

@Kuroda

"How the fuck did they come up with this??" Arkiona stated in astound as she founded the lump of wax for a good moment or two well she listened to Levi's explanation. Fucking red and their new technology.. She thought for a moment causing her to crack a sly smile before she nodded her thanks to levi and modeled the wax to her ear.

What the fuck? Justin thought as he sat staring at the wax, although Levi had Air's trust, Justin was still skeptical about the lad. Not really trusting the wax enough to place it in his ear, justin quietly slipped it into his jacket pocket, Just incase.. He thought then gave Levi a smile.

"How the fuck did they come up with this??" Arkiona stated in astound as she founded the lump of wax for a good moment or two well she listened to Levi's explanation. Fucking red and their new technology.. She thought for a moment causing her to crack a sly smile before she nodded her thanks to levi and modeled the wax to her ear.

What the fuck? Justin thought as he sat staring at the wax, although Levi had Air's trust, Justin was still skeptical about the lad. Not really trusting the wax enough to place it in his ear, justin quietly slipped it into his jacket pocket, Just incase.. He thought then gave Levi a smile.

"Honestly? I have no clue. I use it in the field, and other guys, what we call the head-shed, comes up with it." He walks away and mounts his horse. He will ride at the head of the column with two scouts. He says, "Arikona. When we are in the field, I try to give my orders in a language other than English. It confuses the enemy, but we understand it cause of the ear pieces." He turns around. "Oh, and one more thing. You might want to tell Justin to put the earpiece in. If he doesn't, he won't understand anything."

@Kuroda

Last edited:
Airkiona sighed mounting to her spot in the jeep, aka the drivers seat, as she looked to Justin "put the damn thing in." She told him while her eyes adjusted to the 'mom' look.

Glaring justin sighed, "fine." He said with a slight snap in his tone as he molded the wax to his ear.

"Licuit hominum. Movere de! Parke in plumbo Stauffer in tergo!!!!" Levi says in Latin. Parke gallops off, the rest of the column close behind.

--------------------

About two hours into the trip, Levi gets a string sense of foreboding. He tells Parke, "Parke, equitare et deinceps si quid videret." Parke rides forward, and looks through his binoculars.

Suddenly, a shot rings out, and Parke's head explodes. "Stercore !! Contact inimicus! Explicandam Defenses!" The covers on the backs of the trucks fly up, revealing the six .50 Caliber ADW systems underneath. They immediately begin panning the area in search of targets.

Racing down the road towards them are three jeeps, the men in back firing at the column. "Stercore!!!"

@Kuroda

Status
Not open for further replies.