New to RP, looking for a guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coliz

Original poster
I'm new to role playing and I'm looking for someone to do it with that will help me by taking the lead and guiding me a bit. Please message me if you're interested.

Was there anything specific you need help with?

Was there anything specific you need help with?
I guess I'm just looking for someone to do a one on one role play with me and pretty much lead the way so i get the hang of it before i try to jump in with someone who knows what they're doing more than i do.

I'd be willing to lend a hand to get you started. What style of fiction do you like most?

I'd be willing to lend a hand to get you started. What style of fiction do you like most?
I like sortof alternate reality fiction. I don't know if that's what you would call it. Worlds that are the same as the real world but different like if theres magic or theres robots or no one goes outside or... uh i don't know...

um... is that what you're asking...?

I like sortof alternate reality fiction. I don't know if that's what you would call it. Worlds that are the same as the real world but different like if theres magic or theres robots or no one goes outside or... uh i don't know...

um... is that what you're asking...?
Yeah. Was there any premise you had in mind to go along with those ideas?

Yeah. Was there any premise you had in mind to go along with those ideas?
yeah so, this is probably not very original, but i had this idea about modern urban fantasy characters. So there are like Tolkien-esque creatures such as Goblins and spider people etc, but also fantasy races and "classes" like elves, knights, vampires, druids, mages, spider people, other cool stuff. But the twist is that everything is in a modern day urban setting so there are like spider mob bosses, and gangs of goblin thugs, and police officers that are like knights and cool stuff like that.
Is that dumb?

yeah so, this is probably not very original, but i had this idea about modern urban fantasy characters. So there are like Tolkien-esque creatures such as Goblins and spider people etc, but also fantasy races and "classes" like elves, knights, vampires, druids, mages, spider people, other cool stuff. But the twist is that everything is in a modern day urban setting so there are like spider mob bosses, and gangs of goblin thugs, and police officers that are like knights and cool stuff like that.
Is that dumb?
Not at all. In fact, ideas like that are very popular around here. It should be easy for you to find likeminded folk.
Unfortunately, fantasy isn't my exact cup of tea. I can still lend a hand in showing you the ropes, however.

Not at all. In fact, ideas like that are very popular around here. It should be easy for you to find likeminded folk.
Unfortunately, fantasy isn't my exact cup of tea. I can still lend a hand in showing you the ropes, however.
sounds great, so how could you help me?

I'll be around if you have any burning questions about standard procedure and whatnot.
Just ask anything off the top of your head and I'll answer it as best I can.

I'll be around if you have any burning questions about standard procedure and whatnot.
Just ask anything off the top of your head and I'll answer it as best I can.
okay, I guess I'll try and start a partner search to find someone who will rp with me? so i should create a thread sorta like this but instead of questions, include details about the type and premise that I'm going for and then wait for someone to respond?

okay, I guess I'll try and start a partner search to find someone who will rp with me? so i should create a thread sorta like this but instead of questions, include details about the type and premise that I'm going for and then wait for someone to respond?
Exactly! You're getting the hang of it quickly.

I could help you out but I stick to medieval fantasy instead of modern.

Hi hi! Just dropped in if you're still looking for a role-play partner. I think that mix of fantasy and modern sounds super fun to try! I'd love to give it a go. Toss me a conversation or PL if you're interested and we can work out some more details. Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.