New Romace

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Am I keeping you too long on the phone?" He asked, hearing a show in the background, "May I suggest anything with bright and flashy colors? He should go and watch some Dora if he can. Ustedo le gusta esta peluqulla, yo se!" He knew he didn't have it perfect, but he had to say it. It was a line he was fond of saying to little kids, "So how old is he?" He didn't want to sound too intrusive.

"Nope, he's fine. Amused at everything, but fine." She said quickly, having grown distracted by the show herself. She sat with him in her lap, one arm holding him upright. "He's a big fan of The Wiggles. There's a couple others he likes, but there's something about them he likes. I don't ink he's old enough to start understanding Dora quite yet." She explained with a shrug, knowing full well that he couldn't see it. "He's six months as of last Monday." She said with a smile.

"Ah, only six months now? He must be adorable!" He smiled and sat down on his own couch in his own house, "I can imagine him staring at the tv watching every single little blob of color roam across the screen, huh? Oh what fun he must be having! What's his name again?" He asked her, thinking quickly as a way to save himself from the embarrassment he was already causing himself.

She wasn't sure if she should be concerned with all the questions regarding her son. Not even women in the store asked this much about him. "He's adorable, alright." She said, wiggling her finger as Mason grabbed onto it, spurring more happy gurgles. "His name is Mason. Mace, usually, but that's just a nickname." She said easily, unsure of where he was going with this. Most men didn't call to talk about her child.

Nodding, he smiled, "am I making this awkward?" He looked down a bit, "I'm worry if this is coming off weird and all, I just don't see kids that much so I'm excited when I get the chance to talk about them..." He started to berate himself fiercely, and he was starting to become annoyed with himself again for making her think oddly of him, "I'm sorry should I go..?" He wanted to talk more but it wasn't a smart idea.

"Well, it's a little odd to talk about my kid to someone I don't know.." She admitted, though his explanation kind of made sense from an adult perspective. As a mom though, it was a little strange. "No, don't talk like that. It's okay, just different is all..." She said, unsure of how to reassure him of the fact that she didn't mind talking to him. "No, you don't have to. I'm about to put Mason down for bed though, so I may have to put the phone down for a few minutes while I lay him down." She said.

Nodding into the phone again, which he seemed to be doing a lot of at the moment, he spoke softly, "thanks...I'll wait. Go put him down, it's more important than talking to me anyways." He smirked and heard shuffling, "tell him sweet dreams." He then laid back and waited for her to finish. He still prayed he hadn't come off as awkward to say the least...

When he said he'd wait, she set her phone down and took him into his nursery. She had him in his warmer pjs, and settled him into his crib. He didn't get covered with a blanket, it was something most considered unsafe and she wouldn't risk it. She flipped on his baby monitor, clipped the other piece to her waist, and finished by turning off the light, turning on his nightlight, and leaving the room, he door only open a crack. She returned to her phone. "Alright, back."

He was quietly listening to what would best be called elevator music when she picked back up. He flipped it off and blushed a small bit as he made sure she couldn't hear it, "that's good. I'm sorry if I come off a bit hurt my. I spend all day drawing sketches so...Yeah." He looked down, embarrassed. He worked on dress designs all day.

(Sorry, long weekend out of the house)

She heard music, then it stopped. She hadn't caught what it was though, so she shrugged it off and sat on the couch. "Oh, it's not a problem, really." She assured him easily, though his mention of sketches piqued her interest. "What is it that you draw?" She asked him curiously, waiting patiently for him to reply.

Looking down, the man thought of how to put this, "I design dress patterns and then go and upload them onto a computer and let other deal with them. So I spend all day looking at people and starting to decide the perfect dress." He would actually be able to draw up a dress for her, if he had a picture of her, yet it didn't sound right to ask and such he didn't mention that to her.

Last edited:
(I thought you said you did dress designs in your previous post?)

She listened to him, rather impressed. It was an interesting job choice, definitely not one that she had imagined by any means. She wasn't judging though, she was actually quite impressed by this. "That's actually amazing. Having an artistic job would be fantastic. That is, if I was actually able to draw.." She responded easily. Somehow, she'd chalked him up to an accountant or something of that sort, but she had to admit she preferred this idea much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Really? Um...carp. OH WAIT! This is the wrong RP. I get them mixed up. Can I change it?))

((Tis fixed))

Status
Not open for further replies.