Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
Hello everyone! It's Jenamos here to tell you about the new prefixes we've added to the Partner Connections, Redstar Connections, and Bluestar Connections areas!

This update will be most exciting to those who write a lot of romance on Iwaku, especially if you only write a specific type of pairing, as these prefixes are... pairings! No longer will you have to click on a thread and hope the user included some pairing tags, nor will you have to face the disappointment of getting interested in a thread before you find out they don't write the kind of pairings that interest you. Instead, one glance at a properly prefixed title should save you the trouble.

the prefixes

A x A
A x A stands for Any x Any, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving any sex/gender expression.

F x F
F x F stands for Female x Female, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving women.

F x I
F x I stands for Female x Intersex, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving women and intersex individuals.

F x M
F x M stands for Female x Male, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving women and men.

F x NB
F x NB stands for Female x Nonbinary, meaning that you are willing to write pairings involving women and nonbinary individuals.

I x I
I x I stands for Intersex x Intersex, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving intersex individuals.

I x NB
I x NB stands for Intersex x Nonbinary, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving intersex and nonbinary individuals.

M x I
M x I stands for Male x Intersex, meaning you are willing to write pairings involving men and intersex individuals.

M x M
M x M stands for Male x Male, meaning that you are willing to write pairings involving men.

M x NB
M x NB stands for Male x Nonbinary, meaning that you are willing to write pairings involving men and nonbinary individuals.

NB x NB
NB x NB stands for Nonbinary x Nonbinary, meaning that you are willing to write pairings involving nonbinary individuals.

side note

Bear in mind that this is a testing period to see if these prefixes will prove helpful to all of you and to tweak things as needed, so if you have any feedback, please let us know! Hopefully, this will be a welcome addition for many of you.

Welp, that's enough of me, bye-bye for now! <3

As a trans man I support this whole-friggin-heartedly.

• Love
Reactions: wren.
This is such a great update! I went onto hiatus long ago and was pleasantly surprised to see these when I came back today. However, does everyone else have trouble with the I looking like a T in the intersex prefixes? I think it would be better if the font was black or at least with a thicker dark stroke around it, but if it's just my screen resolution ignore this!

• Useful
Not just you, princeling, I think the prefixes are great but really hard to read especially on the ones with the flag color backgrounds. D:

• Useful
I think the one addition I'd appreciate are things like... F x A, M x A, etc. For those of us who will play anything under the sun -- but are only looking for a specific partner.

• Useful
Reactions: wren. and Diana
Status
Not open for further replies.