Welcome to Iwaku and to forum roleplaying, Aya! I hope you find you enjoy it! And if you have any questions, you can drop a message my way. Cheers!
Can you explain to me where exactly we roleplay. i know how to create a thread but im not sure really how to navigate lol. And what is the character section for? and how do i use it?

Can you explain to me where exactly we roleplay. i know how to create a thread but im not sure really how to navigate lol. And what is the character section for? and how do i use it?
If you want to start an In Character roleplay thread (actually writing posts as your character), you go to either the Group or One on One In Character forums! They're in the Roleplaying category right below the Roleplay Connections area. Both of them have sections inside called Redstar for if you're writing something with explicit sexual content. This guide talks a little about how to roleplay on Iwaku.

The "Characters" up at the top of the site takes you to the Character Gallery! This is an area for people to advertise their available characters or showcase characters that they've made. It requires an image to create an entry, but placeholder images may be used if you don't have a reference image for the character. You just upload the image and then fill out any information you want to include. Not everyone uses it and it's a totally optional part of the site!