.new kid here.

N

natterjack

Original poster
i've always wanted to give this place a try; it was always in the searches that turned up on google for roleplaying forums, but after browsing the boards and roleplays, i couldn't help but feel intimidated by its vastness.

yet here i am. i guess i succumbed, swayed by the idea of writing with people who are actually on my level.

Hi there! Iwaku is big, but don't worry, it's really easy to navigate and everyone is really friendly. We have a great staff that keeps jerks out and cool folks in, and there's lots of stuff to do besides roleplaying, too! Here's a quick nickel-tour

Visit the Content Forums if you want to play with language or exercise your writing skills; you can even post your own challenges for others if you want!

Visit the Groups to find other members who share your interests

Visit the Jump In forum to find roleplays that you can join without having to go through an approval process

Visit the Global Signups to see what approval-only roleplays are looking for new players!

PM me if you're ever lost or want to chat :)

Welcome to Iwaku!

Hope to see you in some threads soon :)

Welcome to Iwaku natterjack. Don't feel intimidated by the complexity of the forums. It's mainly for organization and visual appeal but you have complete control on how much you want to engage the community so in a sense, you can make is as large as you're willing to partake in. Explore around the forums with genres that match your preferences and go from there. There are request threads you can look up or make your own and let people find you for a roleplay. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy your stay :)

hello... and welcome *is new*