Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Horror
Sci Fi
Medieval/Fantasy
Political Drama
Espionage
So I've finally managed to land a full time position in my field that will put me on the path towards where I want to wind up. Its a group home working with youth who have been removed from their family homes, some with developmental delays, others more behavioral issues. This is a huge step for me, because it will definitely teach me to remain level headed in chaotic situations, identify problem behaviours in clients on the fly and conduct myself in an authoritative manner. At the moment, I am none of these things, I'm afraid of freaking out, or messing something up, or letting the kids walk all over me. I know this is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done, but at the same time I know these are fears I HAVE to face if I want to reach my dream of becoming a psychotherapist. Its just so many of these things are going to be new to me, restraining violent kids, being a role model, being in charge?! I was always the one that needed watching, now I've got to step up and play the other role.

Change is some scary shit.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
They won't throw you in the deep end right away, and even if things get stirry you'll have the support of someone more experienced. Most important thing is to keep a level head and not get freaked out. Watch what the more experienced people do all the time for cues, tips and tricks for dealing with things as they arise. And don't stop asking questions; it's the only way you learn.

And damn, dood, be proud of yourself a bit as well. New jahbs are scary, sure, but landing a job in this day and age is always something you deserve a pat on the back for. Especially if it's helping to get you on the way to where you want to be.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow, too! If it doesn't work out I'm going to have to ditch a bunch of life dreams, or at least put them off a long ways

Good luck to both of us! Oh and grats on getting into your chosen field; a lot of people never do