New Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP 11/13
AC 8

Buras grunted in pain as the bear chomped down on his leg. Guess it wasn't a tamed bear after all, something he had only seen once, now twice, in his long life. He didn't have to worry about another bite, however, as one of the others quickly killed it. "Poor bear." he muttered. Yes it had bitten him, but his thick skin had prevented the bite to go all the way through so all it really needed was to be cleaned out and wrapped up if possible.

When the person that had killed the bear began to look it over like a vulture, Buras was torn between pushing him off of it and letting him pick what he want. In the end he decided to introduce himself and ignore the situation. "I am Buras, son of Harant, son of Gareth." he said politely, bowing slightly instead of taking the offered hand. It was the Ogier way, to bow instead of shake hands. And those that visited the Ogiers often followed Ogier culture and traditions. Long story short, he didn't know how to act around other races. He repeated this process two more times, once to each of the two others, and paused as he looked for the third to do it to when he heard a voice next to his ear. Looking around, he sees nothing until something about his shadow catches his attention. There was someone sitting on his shoulder. Preposterous, nobody was sitting there, he couldn't feel anything and all he could see of the person was the shadow. How strange, perhaps it was some trick of the eye, and magic was involved.

But he had a question to ask, so he once more decided to ignore what he did not want to think about. "Yes, I have one question. Where are we? And where is the nearest Grove?"

HP: 11/11;
AC: 11;
XP: 150;
C-Bow: 6xBolts;
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, the bear is dead.."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ignoring Buras's bowing and formalities he made his way over to Kyros staring down at his kill. Slowly Nemid lowered himself into a squatting position next to the bear's head and placed his palm on it's snout absorbing the DNA of the bear. The life energy had left the bear, but the information and resources it provided would be useful for the journey ahead. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Taking a bolt from his pouch Nemid thrust the spiked end into the dead beast's flesh where the skull and the neck met and began to cut away it's head taking no time to claim his loot, the Skull.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nemid had been forced into a new world, so why not make some new gear. Making quick progress on the skull Nemid removed organs that remained inside and replaced them with his hand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello guys, you killed me, hahahahaa!"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A twisted impulse drove him to act as if the bears head was a puppet dancing around with it on his hand absorbing the remaining blood and what nots in the process to then place it on his head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, and I claim the bears head.. I need a new helm ya know, but Allun you still seem to have retained your powers… You see, I'm able to absorb and replicate anything I want or simply use it to fuel, or assist in healing me." [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Nemid pulled down the bears jaw creating a larger opening for his face to poke through.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"But when I try to use them it seems they have been reset back to when I first found this little gift.. Do you know why?."[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:

[spoili]
HP - (10/11)
AC - (10/10)
XP - 100[/spoili]
This tenerinpa hadn't been around anyone who wasn't aware of their existance in... well, ever, actually. So, when the big guy she was hiding with seemed so confused about her voice, Vel couldn't resist letting out a little giggle. While she didn't think he was dumb, it was definetively funny seeing the guy look about! The woman wasn't entirely sure if the ogier had managed to spot her on his shadow, though regardless she took this opportunity to wave at him, "Oooi, up here! It's very comfy up here, you know. Just don't turn too quick or I might fall!" She laughed... a lot louder than she had any right to, at her own dumb joke. It was a lot better to laugh after sobbing for so long only a few minutes ago...

Her laughing wasn't even stopped by the sound of others cutting up the bear. In reality, Vel would have been horrified if they were leaving the kill to rot by the ground. Much like how Vel would feel if she knew there was a winged man nearby with several bolts jutting out of him. Luckilly for her, however, there was no way to know of that man's existence. The only hint she had was the half-human mentioning something about 'sorry' and leaving luggage behind. Even then, Vel hardly even remembered those words. Instead, she focused on the present and the future.

Vel spoke to the half-human as he joked about the bear. Considering the joke, she could guess what he was doing. While the joke her style, the way it was executed agitated her. The silhouette of a girl chided the human, "Don't disrespect the kill like that. At least not so immediately after it died..." She didn't sound particularly angry, though it was clear that it bothered her. Still, Vel had no objections with others using the bear's parts, so she instead turned her attention to Allun. There was one thing that she needed to know more than anything. Her tone was harsh and demanding, "Who killed... who destroyed our worlds and brought us here instead? Who was it?"

Vel relented for a moment, "Oh... and. My name's Vel."[/hr]

Reactions: Hermit.Js
As Nemid played about with the bear's skull Kyros squatted besides the bear's paws, inspecting its claws. Unfortunately they didn't seem to be as strong as Kyros would've hoped, but at least now he had a spare pair of claws in case one broke. Kyros removed both his own claws and the bear's claws, then tried to clean most of the blood of them both by wiping them on the grass; Kyros wasn't squeamish about blood, but he'd rather not contaminate all of his belongings with it. By the time he'd finished everyone had introduced themselves, including them.

"Pleasure to meet you all," Kyros remarked, sounding genuine despite his distaste for several members of the group, "I'd like to check nobody minds me cutting up the bear for food?"

They'd better not, since Kyros wasn't going to starve over some pansy's feelings. As far as he knew the tenerinpa would be fine with it- despite their aversion to fighting they at least had no problem with hunting. It was Buras he was more worried about, seeing how the idiot had tried to save the bear. Figures that's the one the tenerinpa was making friends with. Throughout all of Kyro's irate brewing a friendly grin stayed on his face.

HP: 10/12
AC: 10
XP: 150

January 1st, 0001
1:50 PM (13:50)

Allun cracked his knuckles and created a small little flame to play with while he started to answer all of the questions that the other's asked. "Buras right? We're in a new world. Our old one was destroyed. I'm not sure how it happened, just that the figure I saw at in my world ended up stopping it somehow. As for an "Ogier" grove, I'm not too sure. I personally have never met an Ogier before you."

Allun walked up to Nemid and flicked the skull that he was wearing. "While I did help ya' kill it, but I don't like ya' playing with the dead. As for your powers, it seems like everyone else is about as powerful as they were beforehand. Maybe ya' weren't as strong as ya' thought? Or maybe the being who altered the universe decided to weaken powers like that. Being able to alter everything like it has, that should be child's play for it."

Allun's eyes began to glow a light blue as he stared at Vel. He had seen "invisible" individuals before, but there was a strange energy coming from her. It seemed like some kind of... Metamorphosis may have altered her slightly, although Allun doesn't know why. "I'm not too sure who exactly did it. All I know for certain is that the being of light ended up at the very least saving me, if not more people. As non-religious as I am, the closest I can think of to explain what it was is a God. Regardless of whatever's happened though, we've spent about an hour in this new world."

Allun just waived away Kyros' question about taking meat from the bear. "Better to eat and survive than die." Allun turned towards the entirety of the group, cleared his throat and began to speak in a slightly commanding tone. "From what I can tell, it's a few hours after-noon. The sun is beginning to set a bit. We might have another four or five hours before it becomes night time. At the very least I think we should set up a camp. From my scouting earlier, there's a river, mountain and forest that could make for good campsites. Where do you think we should settle? I also found a strange ring of light about a half day's walk away from here, if you'd rather us go investigate that."

Nodding at Allun's reply, Kyros equipped his claws in preparation for cutting up the carcass into chunks of meat. He waited for the rest of the group's reply before actually doing so however, since the whole point of asking was to demonstrate he cared about the group's judgements. Not that Kyros actually did care, but that was besides the point.

Allun began to describe what he had seen nearby, mentioning a few possible campsites and a mystery they could investigate. As intriguing as the ring of light sounded Kyros didn't feel they were prepared enough to go exploring just yet. They'd only just woken up so the shock of what was going on hadn't hit them properly yet, but it soon would. Kyros would rather not being facing some great unknown when the despair of his situation truly sunk in, for some odd reason. Plus they needed to cook the bear meat before it went off, which would be best to do at a campsite.

"How far apart are all of the locations from one another? Making camp nearby the forest and river would be preferable, in my opinion."

Four or five hours until night time... meaning four or five hours until she would be in her prime.

HP: 10/12
AC: 10
XP: 150

[spoili]
HP - (10/11)
AC - (10/10)
XP - 100[/spoili]

The once-servant to vampires received to qualms from the silhouette of a woman. In fact, she both appreciated the seemingly thoughtful gesture and, "thank you for asking, but we really should use as much of the bear as possible. It would be a great dishonor to both the bear and ourselves if we killed so lightly..." the tenerinpa sighed. She wished she could move about - though it was yet still too sunny.

That familiar sigh returned when Allun answered her question, this time louder than before. She would never liken that figure to a god, not when she held it accountable for Kili's death. It was a lot easier to blame some supernatural force than consider Vel's own inept abilities let her mentor die. Vel crossed her shadowy arms across her chest, "if anyone sees a hint of whoever that was... I need to know," as if they did not want to know themselves?

Vel chimed in on a brighter note with the mention of the light, "I will go! Once it is nighttime I am particularly good at moving freely and undetected. I want to know what is at that light," Vel sounded very sure of herself.

Reactions: Beowulf
On Buras' part, he jerked his head to where the voice had come from, which had him looking once more at his shoulder. "Now that is something I have not seen before," he said, surprisingly calm for having just discovered that something he couldn't see was sitting on his shoulder. That was probably because he was to shell shocked at hearing that there were no Ogier Groves and that his world had been destroyed. Preposterous, that couldn't have happened, not to him. But then it slowly began to come back to him, that blinding light, a face, then nothingness followed by him waking up on that hill.

He did not reply when the one with claws asked to carve the bear for meat. He was to busy trying to come to terms that he was most likely the last Ogier, the last of his kind. But that couldn't happen, right? If that being had decided to save him, then perhaps it had decided to save other Ogier as well. Yes, there were other Ogiers, there had to be.

He came back to the situation at hand when the possibility of setting up camp arose. "If one of us decides to explore those lights, so be it. I will set up that camp, however." He needed to meditate, to sit quietly with his eyes closed, ears occasionally twitching, under the night sky and reflect on what the hell was going on and where to go from there. If what the mage said was true, then civilization as they knew it needed to be restarted. It was a shame he didn't have any books to contribute to this new society.

Reactions: Xena Jade
Status
Not open for further replies.