New Frontier (1 more spot available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to post here soon... I hope Advent doesn't get mad xD
I felt we needed a distraction...

Me too lol! I really can't wait to see how this adventure plays out.

Done it! Not the best post ever, but better than not posting at all.

@austbot I thought I hadn't gotten any yet since you didn't describe them in the first post in the IC. Do you mind if I edit my post slightly to make more sense?

Edit:
Here is the proposed change.

"Right, running away sounded wonderful, except it meant Kyros couldn't loot the bear's claws. It was probably for the best, even if it didn't exactly leave Kyros very pleased. What did he expect though- he'd just watched his world be destroyed and had awoken in an unknown location, why would things go his way? Completely ignoring the fact the winged man had just been shot, Kyros quickly grabbed the nearby bronze claws, putting them on as he ran after Nemid. He was managing to keep pace for the most part, although Nemid was slightly ahead.

As the pair ran from the bear Kyros called out to Nemid, "Nemid, I'm not sure we can run from that beast for long..." Perhaps if they came up with a plan they could find a way to defeat the bear without taking too much damage."

Last edited by a moderator:
@austbot I thought I hadn't gotten any yet since you didn't describe them in the first post in the IC. Do you mind if I edit my post slightly to make more sense?

Edit:
Here is the proposed change.

"Right, running away sounded wonderful, except it meant Kyros couldn't loot the bear's claws. It was probably for the best, even if it didn't exactly leave Kyros very pleased. What did he expect though- he'd just watched his world be destroyed and had awoken in an unknown location, why would things go his way? Completely ignoring the fact the winged man had just been shot, Kyros quickly grabbed the nearby bronze claws, putting them on as he ran after Nemid. He was managing to keep pace for the most part, although Nemid was slightly ahead.

As the pair ran from the bear Kyros called out to Nemid, "Nemid, I'm not sure we can run from that beast for long..." Perhaps if they came up with a plan they could find a way to defeat the bear without taking too much damage."
Oh wow. I'm extremely sorry about that! I thought I did mention the claws in the OP, guess that got edited out by accident before I posted it. Feel free to go ahead and change it, and get a second post up if you want to.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
Oh wow. I'm extremely sorry about that! I thought I did mention the claws in the OP, guess that got edited out by accident before I posted it. Feel free to go ahead and change it, and get a second post up if you want to.
Thanks, I don't normally like to edit posts, but it won't make sense otherwise. :)
I'll probably post again once I've replied to another RP!

Thanks, I don't normally like to edit posts, but it won't make sense otherwise. :)
I'll probably post again once I've replied to another RP!
Alright, good to know!

Lds1Xl8.jpg

• Name: Vel Jia
    Race: Tenerinpa
    Gender/Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
  • Q95Ba0U.jpg

Appearance: Like all tenerinpa, Vel's body is covered in special runic marks. Her markings are located particularly around her midriff, forearms and wrists, biceps, ankles and her left upper cheek. All of these glow a soft light blue color, her hair a similar color to these runes. Her hair is long enough to go down to her upper back and is somewhat messy at all times, though she has two hair clips that sloppily bundles the lower back portion of her hair into two separate clusters. Considering that she's blind, getting her hair just right is a little challenging, though not too difficult.

As a tenerinpa, her overall body is humanoid in shape, though her facial structure is somewhat abnormal compared to a human. The biggest thing to note is that the bridge of her nose goes up to her forehead and then curves outward near her brows and her nose itself is very flat. As in, it's more of a raised platform on her face and less like a nose. She still has nostrils and they still function perfectly fine, though. As opposed to eyebrows, she has light blue markings along her brows that follows down the curve of her nose slightly. Like the rest of the color shown on Vel's body, her eyes are a pale blue, though they lack pupils and happen to twitch occasionally, not focusing on any single thing around her.

Vel comes up to about 5'10'' and is eerily thin, though this is a feature shared by all tenerinpa. Her skin is a silvery grey color with some darker black patterns, primarily near her wrists, ankles and back. They do not form any symbol and appear to be primarily cosmetic. Vel's body is, furthermore, nearly ice cold.

Race:THE SILVIR & HOW TENERINPA WERE CREATED
    [spoili]The Silyir were once a species of pack-oriented lycanthropes whom fled into the Lurrin Mountains, a forested range of rugged terrain, following a considerably bad skirmish with vampires elsewhere. The mists and trees of the Lurrin Mountains provided a suitable cover for the lycans to hide from any pursuing vampiric forces, either from the skies or the ground itself. While hiding, the lycans found an artifact that they later came to call the Key of Eivali; a circular, silvery gemstone which was ultimately producing the mist in the Lurrin Mountains to begin with.

The artifact also happened to emit an aura similar to that of the moon itself, acting as a natural lure to any nearby lycans, yet it also had a very calming presence about it as well. The more the lycans spent time studying the key, the less feral they became - though they were still ultimately lycans with a pack mentality. Eventually, certain lycans even began to hear the limited voice of a goddess from the stone. The creation of a settlement based around the stone was a simple series of events from that point on. The village itself came to be known as Silvia, its denizens the Silyir.

The Silyir grew to learn about Eivali the Gatekeeper through a series of visions, the people becoming devout followers of this Goddess as time went on. She would often gift these people with hints to lead them away from danger or help them find something they had been hunting for a particularly long time. Eivali's primary aspects besides 'the moon' are pure expression (particularly dance and love), hunting and purity. Many early rituals were relatively simple, typically performed by priests and priestesses. They use a staff decorated by a long silken cloth on both ends. These staves in and of themselves are made of a simple wood but are blessed by prayer under the moonlight. This improves the durability of the wood itself and gives it a silver color. The color of the cloth depends on what specific ritual the staff is being used in. Ultimately, the Silvir developed their entire culture around Eivali, domesticated by Her teachings as they lived in peace,

As the Silvir lived on, however, they were eventually discovered in spite of the mists. The vampires were curious about the artifact the Silvir held, but the Silvir vehemently refused to let any vampire see it. Considering the relationship between lycans and vampires, the vampires didn't care to just let them keep a magical artifact. The Silvir were woefully outmatched, however; these lycans hadn't fought any vampire in generations! They prayed for help. The help they received was the first tenerinpa.

One of the particularly devout priests was practically 'attacked' by the Key of Eivali, strange glowing symbols being etched onto his skin. The more the runes and shapes were drawn, the more they changed. The Key of Eivali made the priest into a representation of Eivali herself; a woman only vaguely retaining lycan traits with silvery skin. The Firstborn Tenerinpa had incredible powers, powers that she used to stop the vampires from ever laying a hand on any Silvir. Those who relented were released, while those who continued to resist were kept still until their blood hunger ran rampant, forcing them to flee to sate their hunger. The Firstborn said that Eivali does not want her children to fight for greed, commanding the Silvir to hold their blades.

The Silvir have followed the teachings of the Firstborn since that day. New rituals were developed for those who were willing to devote their life to the Goddess, trials designed to test the priest or priestess' resolve to assure that Eivali's chosen will never abuse their powers.[/spoili]

THE TENERINPA
    [spoili]Tenerinpa are creatures of the night who have fully embraced one aspect of shadow guided by a goddess of the moon called Eivali, effectively abandoning their previous species. Because of this, they become a representation of Eivali herself, even down to her sex. In particular, their skin is a silvery gray to a black color and their body is marred with many different glowing glyphs. The colors of these glyphs, their eyes and their hair varies from one tenerinpa to another. They are 'created' by special runes etched onto their body from a special divine artifact. Unlike vampires or lycans, they're very literally a part of the shadows itself. While the moonlight does not hurt them, bright lights or light from the sun causes their body to fade if it is so much as 1-2 meters close to them! Tenerinpa can hide in the shadow of others, however, allowing them to comfortably live through the daylight. Someone whose shadow is a tenerinpa will notice that 'their' shadow is the silhouette of the tenerinpa and not themselves. Not only that but this shadow can move independently so long as the tenerinpa stays attached and vaguely 'mirrored' to their host.

What's worse, however, is the tenerinpa perception of sight... or the near-lack of sight. The shadowy creatures 'see' through magical auras that are only visible if they touch what they wish to look at. Otherwise, everything is either black or white; black for shadow or 'safety' and white for light or 'danger'. In exchange for these weaknesses, however, come many powers!

All tenerinpa are capable of levitation while surrounded by darkness. This is particularly useful as their powers rely on physical contact with others. Ultimately, most of those powers fall under one concept; controlling fate itself within their home turf, the shadows. Most tenerinpa do not have complete control over their power, but rather can apply powerful buffs and debuffs to those of their choosing. Tenerinpa powers still work in the light, but like usual they must physically touch the person they wish to affect. That means they can either only use their powers on their shadow host, or they burn in the light.

The only other notable property unique to tenerinpa is the temperature of their body; they are naturally nearly ice cold. They can even make their touch cold enough to hurt others.[/spoili]
  • Personality: Vel is a lighthearted, relatively silly type of person. People who spend time with her will often find she loves pulling little light pranks. Ice cubes under someone's shirt, swapping one item for another when nobody's looking, sneaking up on someone to surprise, telling little white lies to see reactions; things that are not particularly mean in nature. That means she doesn't stray towards more nasty jokes at the expense of others, such as taunts and poking at one's character. When the situation calls for it, however, Vel can easily grow much more serious and focused on the task at hand.

There are also plenty of things that Vel does not generally take lightly. She is, first and foremost, a tenerinpan priestess of Eivali. There are several unique, small rituals that she performs as part of her devotion to that goddess, perhaps the most strange being the shedding of (very minute) amounts of blood to express a trusted friendship with someone else. Eivalists are also vehemently against what they call 'unnecessary violence'. That is, battles motivated by things like greed, hate, nationalism and other similar emotions are seen as ugly forms of expression. However! Eivalists also believe that violence can be a pure form of emotion too, all depending on its motivation. A hunter chasing their prey for food and other necessities is by far the purest form of life expression. There are a few other 'accepted' means of violence in Vel's eyes, such as sparring as a way to express emotions in a unique way.

The tenerinpa herself has never been much of a hunter or a warrior, however. She more specifically adores expression through dances taught to her as part of being a priestess. To Eivalists, these dances are essentially a form of spiritual meditation. As such, many of them use long, flowing movements and gentle circular motions weaved in-between. Vel loves to lose herself in the rituals, though when being observed by others anxiety and insecurity. It's not that the silvery woman wants to be left alone, but merely she finds herself being shy when she feels the judging eyes of others boring down onto her. Even if she can't actually see those eyes anymore. There are other artistic pursuits that Vel likes, though likewise she likes to keep them to herself and her most trusted friends.

As just hinted at, Vel is mostly blind; the only things she can 'see' are vauge auras when she touches something, the color of said aura changing depending on the nature of what she touches. Having never seen her own body properly, that same insecurity mentioned earlier constantly stays with the young woman on a day-to-day basis. Even if someone were to assure the worrier that she did not look strange or ugly there would always be that nagging feeling in the back of her mind that assumed they were only pitying her.

The insecurity runs yet deeper, Vel being the type who wants to rely on herself more than others. When in combat or maneuvering through an environment she can actually fend for herself very well, her other senses considerably enhanced to compensate for her 'new' vision. For day-to-day expenses, however, Vel will very easily find herself lost trying to navigate a building she's not used to yet. Trying to prepare a meal, even more of a nightmare. The blind woman is far too embarrassed to ask for help, however, with the fear of being a burden a secondary worry compared to that insecurity of being judged.

Vel is a bit selfish, having real difficulty putting other people's feelings and concerns above her own. While she does not get jealous easy, she will be the type to refuse to do something simply because she doesn't want to. Even if her stubborn selfishness impacts the rest of the group she will still be difficult to convince to go against her desires and make compromises.

History: Read the spoiler if you want full information. Long story short, Vel was going to be raised as a ranger, but she didn't like that lifestyle. She managed to get an apprenticeship under a tenerinpa and preferred life as a priestess instead. She became a tenerinpa and then a few years later the multiverse was restarted.
    [spoili]Velin was born in a land primarily ruled by vampires. Even in the somewhat remote lands of the Lurrin Mountains the vampires and their servants had a greater presence than anyone else. The Silyir, a more tame and religious subspecies of lycanthropes, only managed to survive independently by using the cover of the mists pervading the entirety of the Lurrin Mountains. Vampires flying as bats overhead would be unable to track the Silyir and those who stayed on the ground did not have the extensive knowledge of the terrain as the Silyir did.

Velin was raised by the Jia pack, a family of Silyir who were most well known as rangers. Marriage was not a thing for the Silyir but rather polygamous relationships between members of larger families, both related by blood and not. There were several families living throughout the Lurrin mountains with families moving from one village to another. That way, if vampires managed to destroy a village, the packs living there would not be left without any place to go. A new village could be developed instead. The only exception was the township of Silvia, the spiritual homeland of the Silyir. This place was guarded by the Firstborn, a very powerful tenerinpa who could stop entire battalions of soldiers from laying a single member on anyone. She had other sisters protecting Silvia, of course.

Velin was going to be raised as a hunter, like many other Silyir, but he found little joy in tracking the movements of prey through the misty forests. He found himself more enraptured by the forests themselves, drawn to wonder them instead. This wanderlust was actually a trait shared by many Eivalin priests and priestesses, though Velin was not exactly a perfect candidate. He was a little too shy about himself, not the type to openly express his feelings to others. Considering the importance of expression in Eivalism, that was a relatively big mark against candidacy. Velin loved to watch and listen to priests and priestesses, however, taking many of their teachings to heart.

The kid butted heads with his family a lot as they stressed he should become a ranger as many of his brothers and sisters were. By the time he was in his early teens, he was eventually fed up with his pack's restrictive nature and ran away. If a tenerinpa hadn't followed him, he would have likely died to become a slave to vampires that he ran into some time later. The tenerinpa reluctantly took him under her wing, though she did not approve of his relatively selfish attitude. Still, it was clear he was not getting along with his pack well at all.

In spite of his timid nature, Velin learned how to express himself more by detaching himself slightly from certain aspects of himself. The teen didn't like people watching him dance, prepare rituals or enjoy other artistic pursuits. However, Velin found a lot of fun with a particular aspect of himself that relied on others specifically; pranks. He loved seeing how other people reacted to little jokes. Through that love of silly fun, Velin found a way to be expressive regardless.

Velin grew to love his tutor, Kili, like a mother, She was very passionate about her devotion to Eivali and very wise (in Silyir perspective) as a result, yet at the same time she was very fair to others. Kili always managed to make time for others who might not have shared that same passion, always patient with their concerns and questions. It also helped that she had taken Velin as her apprentice and treated him fairly, though they were not without their struggles.

Near the time Velin was almost twenty, Kili was nearly killed when she left on a mission deeper into vampiric territory, Velin made the decision to become a tenerinpa himself. Very few men ever decided to become tenerinpa; on top of the danger associated with it, they would also change more drastically than a woman would. Kili warned Velin not to make a decision based on such a brief emotion, but the more he thought on it the more Velin was convinced about his decision. The most he's ever felt himself was in service to Eivali, so it felt right to go the extra mile. With all of that decided, Velin began the Tenerinpan Rites.

These rites were a series of tests done in a very secluded part of Silvia. It was designed by the Firstborn and had many illusory spells in place, guiding the initiate through many different challenges. In order to pass, they had to show their clear understanding of Eivali beliefs. With every successful trial complete a set of runes would be drawn on their body by the Key of Eivali, starting the process that turns them into a tenerinpa. While failures did not result in death, the Tenerinpan Rites could not be stopped once completed. An initiate will keep trying to succeed their rites until they reach the end or they die from starvation or other means. This is mostly because non-tenerinpa cannot know about the rites, lest someone learns of how to fake their way through them and abuse Eivali's blessings. Initiates are given many warnings and are forced to wait a week before they can begin, giving them plenty of time to reconsider.

Velin went through his rites without a hitch, joining the ranks of the tenerinpa without issue. Adjusting was considerably difficult, though with Kili, the new adept didn't have too many issues. As a tenerinpa, she now had many new responsibilities. She was to be a source of spiritual inspiration for all Silyir, a protector against any who would harm them and a final responsibility that was much more difficult to do. Ultimately, Eivalists wanted to bring peace to all creatures of the night once more, so that they could all return to the shadow realm with Evali herself. To do that, society would need to change; the tenerinpa worked within vampiric society covertly.

Vel, as an adept, did not do too much direct work herself. Instead, she typically scouted ahead and made opportunities for her elders to get specific missions done. While Vel was too young to remember, the tenerinpa were successful at making changes within the culture of other creatures. One of their biggest accomplishments was improving the livelihood of a servantile race to vampires called Sangviteurs. Tenerinpa usually worked through planting rumors and revealing hard truths through the mouths of other creatures of the night. Tenerinpa would also often kidnap certain individuals who worked against their goals too far, though due to their beliefs they almost never actually killed anyone. almost being the keyword... some creatures were far too removed from what the tenerinpa believed was 'right'.

Vel was going to help investigate rumors surrounding a particularly abusive and powerful vampire. Yet, before she could do anything substantial, her entire world fell apart as the multiverse was destroyed. Eivalin beliefs continue to live on through Vel, however. But now, what will she do with her life beyond that dedication?[/spoili]
  • Racial Traits
    L1 - Flight at night: +1 AC when being attacked by melee weapons.
    L2- Icy Touch: Can touch an enemy to deal frost damage, 2 times per day. (So you have at least SOME combat damage if people are busy.)
    L3 - Fate Denial: If the DC from healing is high enough (Int) then the Tenerinpa can heal half of the damage from one attack during combat. (This will get stronger with higher levels.)
    L4 - Fate of Speed: Can give an ally a second attack. (Basically they get a chance to do an additional post to up their attack against enemies.)
    L5 - Fate of Steel: Can give allies a "shield" that can block half of their total HP. 2 times per day.
    L6 - Fate of Blood: Can "freeze" allies weapons to do additional elemental damage.
    L7 - Eivali's Disciple: Can open a temporal gate to Eivali's moon and allow a randomly selected creature of the night to attack once per day.​

Stats:
    Strength: 3
    Dexterity: 7
    Constitution: 6
    Intelligence: 8
    Wisdom: 8
    Charisma: 8​
    Health Points: 5 + 6 = (11)
    Armor Class: 3 + 7 (10)

Level: 1
    XP: 0
    Level 1- 40 xp. Level 2- 120 xp. Level 3- 350 xp. Level 4- 1000 xp.
    Money: 0
    Inventory:
    • 1x Week's Rations
    • 1x Week's Water
    • 1x Bronze Staff

Weapon Proficiency: NONE CURRENTLY

• Love
Reactions: Daz
Speaking of posting, will Xena's first post be before or after the next GM post?

Also, I've figured out how the dice work.:)

I would say after since we haven't seen them and the GM only introduced us unless she was hiding in our Shadow the entire time.

Yeah I'm sort of waiting to make sure Austbot approves of my character. I PM'd him a lot over it, but I haven't shown him the complete profile. I'm cautious to getting ahead of myself in posting, y'know? xD

I was going to wait if he already reappeared by today, but I guess not so far. Just showing I'm still paying attention~

Yeah, I'm hoping the ball gets rolling... We are waiting on beowulf as well... my post was directed mostly toward him and the bear.

Yeah I'm sort of waiting to make sure Austbot approves of my character. I PM'd him a lot over it, but I haven't shown him the complete profile. I'm cautious to getting ahead of myself in posting, y'know? xD

I was going to wait if he already reappeared by today, but I guess not so far. Just showing I'm still paying attention~
Yeah, sorry I haven't been on much the last day or two. Been slightly busy. Sorry about that!

Yeah, you're accepted. I'd say go ahead and post, I'll give Beowulf until 9pm EST to post before the next GM post goes up.

@Hermit.Js Yeah, I'll be speeding things up a bit more. The bear is already pretty much half dead anyways.

Haha, no need to be sorry to me! Life > this stuff. We all get life shenanigans. I was mostly just trying to show that I was paying attention to the roleplay. I'll post sometime today, then! Just a short and sweet one to place her somewhere in the scene. It'll be in a hour or so.

EDIT: Posted \o\ /o/ it's only really big to set up the whole scene. I did join in late compared to everyone else, so that's part of the reason. Hope nobody minds...

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted \o\ /o/ it's only really big to set up the whole scene. I did join in late compared to everyone else, so that's part of the reason. Hope nobody minds...

I absolutely loved it! I'm hoping to see more like that once we really get into the grind of things. I just hope you guys don't think Allun is annoying.

Also as a note; Once the GM post goes live, you can post again as soon as you want. The actual story is going to be starting up in the next GM post once the bear is dead.

I say story, it's more likely to be a basic explanation of some mechanics by Allun as well as setting up at least a starting camp.

When it comes to looting; Once an enemy is dead I'll post a description of the corpse with all retrievable items. Just mention somewhere in your next post with what you're grabbing in a short sentence and carry on with the rest of your post so it doesn't get to be too large of a focus on loot.

And since I never explained how to level your character; It's your current level multiplied by 1,000 for the xp needed. To go to level 2 you need 1,000 xp. A level 10 going to 11 will need 10,000 xp.

You can expect to gain at least 1/10th of a level per fight. Really good rp posts will gain 1/20th of a level. Once the bear dies I'll be rewarding out the first bit of xp for the fight as well as RP xp.

Aw, thanks! I can't really have Vel do too much here quite yet, so I'll let other people possibly react to Allun's mention of a 'missy' being there. Which must undoubtedly be Vel considering the gender of everyone else around. Either that or he's trying to insult the more 'pretty' of the men in the area, though he isn't hiding!

Aw, thanks! I can't really have Vel do too much here quite yet, so I'll let other people possibly react to Allun's mention of a 'missy' being there. Which must undoubtedly be Vel considering the gender of everyone else around. Either that or he's trying to insult the more 'pretty' of the men in the area, though he isn't hiding!

Hehe! I didn't even think about making that a joke, I was just trying to bring Vel into the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.