New Frontier (1 more spot available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is AC?
Armor Class: 3 + Dexterity

AC is how easy or hard it is to get hit by an enemy. Enemies with higher AC will require multiple people to get a single attack off on.

Say an enemy has 21 AC. You and Sol both have an 11 to hit, one of you would distract him while the other gets the blow off to damage him.

Or if you have an AC of say 15 and an enemy has a hit of 11. It would take a second enemy to get their attack off on you.

I'm still playing around with the character sheet and species, so I'll hold off my turn to post for the moment.

I'm still playing around with the character sheet and species, so I'll hold off my turn to post for the moment.
Okay. Feel free to post when you're ready.

Here's to a long and prosperous game!

Reactions: Advent Core
Name: Buras
Race: Ogier
Gender/Sex: Male.
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
b8ff1dbb53c1de95eb0201340e627312.jpg

Personality: Like many other Ogiers, Buras is slow to anger. Another plus for many others is that he's extremely cautious when it comes to his strength, afraid that he'll crush things, and species for that matter, if he doesn't watch himself. This often times leads to people thinking he's a bit slow and not the brightest. Well he has centuries yet to live, so he can afford to sleep on it.
History: WIP

Stats:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 7

Your armor class is used to determine the DC to hit you.
Health Points: 13
Armor Class: 8

Level: 1
XP: 0
Money: 0
Inventory:
1x Week Rations
1x Week Water
1x Bronze 2 handed axe, ogier size

Weapon Proficiency is something I like having in campaigns. Level 0 is the default and gives you a negative to hit. Level 1 is your flat weapon chance. (Bronze weapons have a base 3 to hit.) Level 2 grant your stat bonuses along with weapon hit. Level 3 allows you to do a 4 hit combo. Level 4 is an Area of Effect attack. Different weapon types must be leveled individually.

Level 1- 40 xp. Level 2- 120 xp. Level 3- 350 xp. Level 4- 1000 xp.

Weapon Proficiency: Level 2 two handed axe.

Unlockable Skills
L1: Ogier are very skilled with their hands, more crafting options of advanced items available.
L2: Animals like Ogier. You can use Charisma to recruit animals.
L3: Monstrous Strength: +2 Str when doing a chopping motion.

Name: Buras
Race: Ogier
Gender/Sex: Male.
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
b8ff1dbb53c1de95eb0201340e627312.jpg

Personality: Like many other Ogiers, Buras is slow to anger. Another plus for many others is that he's extremely cautious when it comes to his strength, afraid that he'll crush things, and species for that matter, if he doesn't watch himself. This often times leads to people thinking he's a bit slow and not the brightest. Well he has centuries yet to live, so he can afford to sleep on it.
History: WIP

Stats:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 7

Your armor class is used to determine the DC to hit you.
Health Points: 13
Armor Class: 8

Level: 1
XP: 0
Money: 0
Inventory:
1x Week Rations
1x Week Water
1x Bronze 2 handed axe, ogier size

Weapon Proficiency is something I like having in campaigns. Level 0 is the default and gives you a negative to hit. Level 1 is your flat weapon chance. (Bronze weapons have a base 3 to hit.) Level 2 grant your stat bonuses along with weapon hit. Level 3 allows you to do a 4 hit combo. Level 4 is an Area of Effect attack. Different weapon types must be leveled individually.

Level 1- 40 xp. Level 2- 120 xp. Level 3- 350 xp. Level 4- 1000 xp.

Weapon Proficiency: Level 2 two handed axe.

Unlockable Skills
L1: Ogier are very skilled with their hands, more crafting options of advanced items available.
L2: Animals like Ogier. You can use Charisma to recruit animals.
L3: Monstrous Strength: +2 Str when doing a chopping motion.
Great! Feel free to post in the IC. OPEN SIGNUPS - New Frontier

Your character can have just woken up close by on a hill or something.

Whelp I posted!
(Hope I did alright...)
You did! I enjoyed it, and didn't expect Nemid to be a space pirate. And the fascination with grass was interesting. I'm excited to see how things go with the others, and once you guys start running into other groups.

Glad to see the IC up so soon! :D
I'll probably have a post up and my character history finished in the next few hours.
Another question on Grimoires- how do you find them? Do they tend to come from a particular source, such as a defeated enemy dropping them? How soon is Kyros likely to find one? What are the possible elements? You mentioned a 'starting element' several posts ago, what's that? Oh my, this turned into more than one question... My apologies! >~<

I'll probably have a post up and my character history finished in the next few hours.
"A few hours,"... Or not, I had more work than I expected. Oh well, I can do it this evening. :)

Another question on Grimoires- how do you find them? Do they tend to come from a particular source, such as a defeated enemy dropping them? How soon is Kyros likely to find one? What are the possible elements? You mentioned a 'starting element' several posts ago, what's that? Oh my, this turned into more than one question... My apologies! >~<

Grimoire's: You can find them from either killed enemies or shops once an economy has been set up.

If Kyros wants one in the very beginning, he can search one of the unfortunate groups that got killed by their starting monsters.

Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, etc. There are more... Obscure elements like Mask though. (Think Majora's mask and you have how that element works.)

Starting element is just the first kind of Grimoire you get. Because it's the first time you've really had a chance to get to use one, you'll be slightly better at that element from that point on.

It's perfectly fine! I like answering you guys' questions. We're all in this together after all!

• Love
Reactions: Daz
Grimoire's: You can find them from either killed enemies or shops once an economy has been set up.

If Kyros wants one in the very beginning, he can search one of the unfortunate groups that got killed by their starting monsters.

Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, etc. There are more... Obscure elements like Mask though. (Think Majora's mask and you have how that element works.)

Starting element is just the first kind of Grimoire you get. Because it's the first time you've really had a chance to get to use one, you'll be slightly better at that element from that point on.

It's perfectly fine! I like answering you guys' questions. We're all in this together after all!
Thanks for all the answers! I might see if I can scout out a Grimoire from a nearby group at some point then. :)

What's the posting rate of this RP? Things are moving kinda slow and I was wondering if I should attempt to write in two groups.

• Useful
What's the posting rate of this RP? Things are moving kinda slow and I was wondering if I should attempt to write in two groups.
I'd like it to be at least once a day, if not more. I think it's just moving slowly at first because not everyone's posted yet.

@Advent Core @Beowulf You two still haven't posted yet.

I'd like it to be at least once a day, if not more. I think it's just moving slowly at first because not everyone's posted yet.

@Advent Core @Beowulf You two still haven't posted yet.
Alright by me, I'll be sure to cause a little chaos here and there... Nemid may have gone mad... Which reminds me... I need to add his back story haha.

@Daz @Hermit.Js

So, it's been a few days since the last post and I haven't heard from the others. As a result, for the time being we'll be continuing without them. Feel free to post once my next IC post goes live.

• Thank You
Don't know if I'll post tonight, I feel terrible, definitely will tomorrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.