New Frontier (1 more spot available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've got an idea for a race. I haven't got a name for it yet, so it shall temporarily be referred to as X. This is only a rough idea, so feel free to tear it apart. :lol:

In the world X comes from they act as a subservient species to vampires. Vampires feed on X without killing or turning them, using X as a sustainable food source- although X does need time to recover after having been fed on. Vampires tend to chose a few favourite Xs to act as their servants, being both that vampire's primary food source and general attendant to that specific vampire's needs. Over the years most of X have grown accustomed to X and do not mind the situation, if not enjoying it. In the past vampires tended to abuse X, but in modern times treat X with respect, both out of feelings of moral obligation and understanding that X tends to cooperate better when they are treated well (there is another reason which shall be gone into more later). There are a notable number of outliers in beliefs for both species though. Some vampires believe all of X should be enslaved, and are viewed much like someone who claims black people who be enslaved in our society. There is a small but growing group of X rebels who wish to free all of X from their subservient status, with a few vampire supporters. This group is seen as a bunch of crazies who do not understand basic biology and simply want to cause unrest, since most beings (both vampires and X) are happy with the way things currently are.

X has adapted to have higher charisma in order to help them get vampires to treat them well- since they cannot beat the strength of vampires instead they charm vampires into caring for them. This has helped with getting to the stage where modern vampires treat their X servants with respect, creating a symbiotic relationship where in exchange for feeding off X vampires protect and provide for their X servants. X who are particularly skilled in charisma can even manipulate vampires to the degree where it seems as if the vampire is the servant, but X this skilled are few and far between. Another stat X are above average in is wisdom. This is because they tend to study hard in order to be able to use Grimoire to serve their vampires. What sorts of Grimoire one is expected to use varies from culture to culture and vampire to vampire within the world. It goes without saying that particularly studious X will be particularly gifted in wisdom, making them highly prized. X with a particularly high wisdom stat tend to serve the highest ranking vampires in society (think princes and the like). Having been astoundingly weaker to vampires for some time there has been no use to X evolving to have improved strength, since it would still be next to nothing compared to the strength of vampires. Hence X is a weak race, with even their strongest rarely managing to even have what could be considered average strength. Since they tend to rely on vampires to protect them, X have a low constitution stat too. If an X has to protect them-self due to the absence of any protector then they have to rely on Grimoire protection spells or dodging the blow (dexterity), since they cannot survive many blows. It is likely that in the RP's scenario that an X character would try to convince someone else to protect them (so my character may try to rely on another as a meatshield :lol:). AFTERNOTE- Considering replacing the strength of wisdom with constitution (currently a weakness), explanation for constitution as a strength being that their bodies have grown resilient from repeatedly being fed on by vampires. Likely to replace weakness of constitution with weakness in intelligence if I do so.

X have small and slender humanoid bodies, reflecting their weak physiology. As X grow older their skin becomes incredibly pale, almost sheet white, from repeatedly having their blood sucked by vampires. Even the males of X look extremely feminine as part of adapting to charm vampires, and tend to be considered beautiful by other races. X always have at least one tail, but they may have more- there is a fair amount of variation in the tails possible, with certain types of tails being more common in particular areas of the world. They also often have short stubby horns, one of the most common locations for which is atop their head- however, horns may protrude from over places, such as their shoulders, hips, etc. Again, horn tendencies depend upon where the X is from. The natural behaviour of X is to find someone to protect them- how they approach this can vary from being manipulative, trying to have a mutually beneficial relationship, or even offering themselves up as a slave. Despite not being able to take much physically, X are mentally resilient from having their bodies repeatedly mutilated.

~~~

ALSO as a note on another topic- in the OP you say "we won't have access to dice". I was wondering if you were aware Iwaku has a dice box? I think you can insert random.org rolls in your post too (such that you cannot re-roll them).
Dice- I actually didn't know that. I'm very new to Iwaku, so I didn't realize there was a dice box. I'll figure that out for random events and who enemies target. Thanks for telling me!

As for your species;

L1: Blood regens faster, heals 1 HP every hour naturally verses the normal 1 HP every 2 hours. Vampire's will avoid trying to kill you if possible.
L2: Repetitive study helps master Grimoire's, +1 Wis
L3: Rough skin develops, +1 Con and +1 max hp
L4: Smooth Tongue, +1 Charisma
L5: Technical Skill, +1 Wis when equipped with a Grimoire of your starting element.

That's all I have for it for the time being. I'll come up with later levels as soon as possible.

Now then, @Hermit.Js

Nemid looks good. You won't have access to a portal gun off the gate, of course. That would be terribly unbalanced, but you may get one in the future. Meanwhile what I need from you is a description of The Dauun. Also since Nemid will be a human hybrid, he'll get half of the human abilities and half of the Daunn abilities. (Although you won't be able to pick and chose.)

Human abilities are:

L1: Fantastical Mind: +1 Wisdom
[BCOLOR=transparent]L2: Surgery: Humans are willing to do surgery on themselves. +2 intimidate[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L3: Overload: Humans can more easily use technology. +3 to using computers[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L4: Enhancements: If a human loses a limb, they can replace it although it would reduce a stat by -2 permanently.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L5: Predatory Stalking: +1 intimidate and +1 Constitution[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L6:Diverse: Humans can survive any non-extreme weather as long as there's oxygen.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L7: Blood Bowl: +2 Strength +1 Constitution[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L8: Rabbits: Reproduce extremely quick. +3 Charisma[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L9: Tribalism: +1 to all stats for every human nearby. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L10: Tools: Human weapons do much more damage to giant monsters. +4 damage to anything larger than a bear.[/BCOLOR]

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
DAUUN
An ancient race forged from the flames of Universe exploring and seeding planets with life. Gifted with immortality and curiosity the DAUUN indexed their findings in order to advance their civilization . Planets with cellular life were experimented with having a gene replaced and set to mutate under undisclosed conditions. Barren planets were seeded with DAUUN probes that mined the available resources. As time passed and their experiments returned their data the DAUUN returned to observe.

DAUUN have a humanoid appearance, their eyes are purple or Yellow with black specks. Their hair is naturally blue, average height 5'10" with a charcoal grey complexion. The Males are slim, with purple canine. The Women are slim and shorter than the Males with turquoise canine.

Their blood is blue or purple, excellent night vision. The DAUUN DNA gifts an ability of some sort.

Enhanced intellect
Enhanced agility
Enhanced healing factor
Enhanced Durability

DAUUN are generally highly curious and intuitive normally seen tinkering with something or reading. If neither are available one will settle for mischief.

Heres a little something for you, if I need to add more or switch something up let me know. As for the Portal Guns, it was going to be broken as soon as he entered. It's more of a plot device that I'll use to help me and my group once we charge it up.

DAUUN
An ancient race forged from the flames of Universe exploring and seeding planets with life. Gifted with immortality and curiosity the DAUUN indexed their findings in order to advance their civilization . Planets with cellular life were experimented with having a gene replaced and set to mutate under undisclosed conditions. Barren planets were seeded with DAUUN probes that mined the available resources. As time passed and their experiments returned their data the DAUUN returned to observe.

DAUUN have a humanoid appearance, their eyes are purple or Yellow with black specks. Their hair is naturally blue, average height 5'10" with a charcoal grey complexion. The Males are slim, with purple canine. The Women are slim and shorter than the Males with turquoise canine.

Their blood is blue or purple, excellent night vision. The DAUUN DNA gifts an ability of some sort.

Enhanced intellect
Enhanced agility
Enhanced healing factor
Enhanced Durability

DAUUN are generally highly curious and intuitive normally seen tinkering with something or reading. If neither are available one will settle for mischief.

Heres a little something for you, if I need to add more or switch something up let me know. As for the Portal Guns, it was going to be broken as soon as he entered. It's more of a plot device that I'll use to help me and my group once we charge it up.
Alright. Just as a note, the portal gun will have to be recharged after every single use. So it won't be something that you can rely on all the time. And the Dauun are extremely broken, but you're playing a half breed so it works out. Just no full blooded Dauun. Half breed Dauun won't have inherited the immortality, but will live longer than an average person of the other species. A half human half dauun will live for about 160 years before dying in comparison to the 80.

Half Human Half Dauun
L2: Night Vision
L3: Overload: Humans can more easily use technology. +3 to using computers
L4: Enhancements: If a human loses a limb, they can replace it although it would reduce a stat by -2 permanently.
L5: Mischievous Experiments: + 2 int
L6: Diverse: Humans can survive any non-extreme weather as long as there's oxygen.
L7: Dauun mortality: +1 HP every hour versus the normal +1 every two hours.
L8: Rabbits: Reproduce extremely quick. +3 Charisma
L9: Dauubalism: +4 to all stats for every half-human half-dauun nearby. (Unlikely, but high bonus in case it happens. Only NPC's will be available for this.)
L10: Probes: Dauun probes can give detailed information about the area ahead. 2 times per day.

@Hermit.Js @Advent Core @Daz
We have three players, provided all of you do want to continue with this. Just fill out the character sheets (And let me know if you have any questions) and we can start in the next few days. If another person joins up, great. If not oh well.

Complete! I haven't included several facts about Kyros as I don't want them to be part of the meta-knowledge you guys have. Instead I hope to reveal them over the course of the RP.

"Master, I serve to you my mother on a silver platter."
  • Name: Kyros/Caspien Valiere.
    I'd like to explain naming convention in Sangviteur society (not that it influences things greatly). Upon birth Sangviteurs are given a first and surname, which everyone will know them as. However upon becoming a specific vampire's servant (being 'claimed') they replace their current surname with their vampire's surname, and are given a second name by their vampire. Fellow Sangviteurs refer to the person by their first name and (new) surname, while vampires refer to them by their second name and surname. So Kyros would be referred to as Kyros Valiere by fellow Sangviteurs, but as Caspien Valiere by vampires. How he introduces himself to members of other species depends on how he views the individual- if he thinks someone is equal or below him then he introduces himself as Kyros, whereas if he thinks someone is superior to him then he will introduce himself as Caspien.

Race: Sangviteur (Previously referred to as 'X').
    In the world Sangviteur come from they act as a subservient species to vampires. Vampires feed on Sangviteur without killing or turning them, using them as a sustainable food source- although Sangviteurs does need time to recover after having been fed on. Vampires tend to chose a few favourite Sangviteurs to act as their servants, being both that vampire's primary food source and general attendant to that specific vampire's needs. The act of a vampire taking on a particular Sanviteur as a servant specifically for them is known as 'claiming'. Over the years most Sangviteurs have grown accustomed to being subservient to vampires and do not mind the situation, if not enjoying it. In the past vampires tended to abuse Sangviteurs, but in modern times treat them with respect, both out of feelings of moral obligation and understanding that Sangviteurs tends to cooperate better when they are treated well (there is another reason which shall be gone into more later). There are a notable number of outliers in beliefs for both species though. Some vampires believe all Sangviteurs should be enslaved, and are viewed much like someone who claims black people who be enslaved in our society. There is a small but growing group of Sangviteur rebels who wish to free all of their species from their subservient status, with a few vampire supporters. This group is seen as a bunch of crazies who do not understand basic biology and simply want to cause unrest, since most vampires and Sangviteurs are happy with the way things currently are.

Sangviteurs adapted to have higher charisma in order to help them get vampires to treat them well- since they cannot beat the strength of vampires instead they charm vampires into caring for them. This has helped with getting to the stage where modern vampires treat their Sangviteur servants with respect, creating a mutualistic symbiotic relationship where in exchange for feeding off Sangiteurs vampires protect and provide for their Sangiteur servants. Sangiteurs who are particularly skilled in charisma can even manipulate vampires to the degree where it seems as if the vampire is the servant, but Sangiteurs this skilled are few and far between. Another stat Sangiteurs are above average in is wisdom. This is because they tend to study hard in order to be able to use Grimoire to serve their vampires. What sorts of Grimoire one is expected to use varies from culture to culture and vampire to vampire within the world. It goes without saying that particularly studious Sangiteurs will be particularly gifted in wisdom, making them highly prized. Sangiteurs with a particularly high wisdom stat tend to serve the highest ranking vampires in society (think princes and the like). Having been astoundingly weaker to vampires for some time there has been no use to Sangiteurs evolving to have improved strength, since it would still be next to nothing compared to the strength of vampires. Hence Sangiteur is a weak race, with even their strongest rarely managing to even have what could be considered average strength. Sangiteur constitution is greatly variable. They do not tend to ever protect themselves since they rely on vampires to do that for them, so haven't evolved bodies able to take many hits. However having their bloods repeatedly sucked by vampires over the course of their life does have an affect on their constitution. If not done to often then a Sangviteur's body will build up resilience, giving them a decent constitution. But if they have their blood taken too often it will mess with their body's functioning, causing them to have an abominably low constitution.

Sangviteurs have small and slender humanoid bodies, reflecting their weak physiology. As Sangviteur grow older their skin becomes incredibly pale, almost sheet white, from repeatedly having their blood sucked by vampires. Even the male Sangviteurs look extremely feminine as part of adapting to charm vampires, and tend to be considered beautiful by other races. A Sangviteur always has at least one tail, but they may have more- there is a fair amount of variation in the tails possible, with certain types of tails being more common in particular areas of the world. They also often have short stubby horns, one of the most common locations for which is atop their head- however, horns may protrude from over places, such as their shoulders, hips, etc. Again, horn tendencies depend upon where the Sangviteur is from. The natural behaviour of Sangviteur is to find someone to protect them- how they approach this can vary from being manipulative, trying to have a mutually beneficial relationship, or even offering themselves up as a slave. Sangviteurs are mentally resilient from having their bodies repeatedly mutilated.
    Gender/Sex: Male.

Sexuality: Bisexual.

Appearance: Kyros has almost translucent white skin covering his slim frame, decorated with various piercings. Equally white, soft hair surrounds his head, with one red and one blue horn protruding from it. He has large red eyes with impressively long lashes, complimented by similarly long ears. Two 'fangs' protrude from his soft lips, although they are artificial, having been filed into their sharp shape. A sleek red tail, the same colour as his red horn, protrudes from his rear.
    3187635634fdbc86822cbb3e17d0b6b7.jpg
    Personality: Kyros keeps a calm composure about him, always prepared to deal with the situation at hand with grace. He is a dependable person ready to deliver upon any request his master (or perhaps friends, if he had any) gives him; not only that, but he will deliver upon the request with confidence, being very self-assured. While Kyros will act in a chivalrous and polite manner towards strangers his true feelings will be ones of detachment. Kyros tends to use outer charm and inner analysis to manipulate those around him, not caring about the morality of such an attitude. If you do earn Kyros' respect then you will have an incredibly loyal ally, and Kyros will probably be obedient to your will. Kyros is very curious about the world around him, and likes to silently observe events to learn more about them.
    You could say the personality had a.... re'vamp'. (Okay, I'll leave now)

History: Adrian Valiere was a vampire infamous for claiming and... disposing of... Sangviteurs on a regular basis, nobody opposing his ruthless habits due to his status as a Duke. So when Kyros was claimed by Adrian at age 16 his family believed he was doomed. Yet Kyros went on to become the only permanent servant of Adrian Valiere, due to Kyros' willingness to comply to Adrian's sadistic desires. Over the years the Sangviteur community has come to fear Kyros as much as Adrian, as Kyros has mutilated and torture his fellow Sangviteurs many times for his Master's viewing pleasure. Thanks to his obedience to even the most bloodthirsty of commands Kyros has become treasured by Adrian, which makes it all worth it to Kyros.
  • Strength: 4

Dexterity: 7

Constitution: 7

Intelligence: 6

Wisdom: 8

Charisma: 8

Health Points: 5 + 6 (Cons) = 12

Armour Class: 3 + 7 (Dex) = 10
  • Level: 1
    L1: Blood regens faster, heals 1 HP every hour naturally verses the normal 1 HP every 2 hours. Vampire's will avoid trying to kill you if possible.
    L2: Repetitive study helps master Grimoire's, +1 Wis
    L3: Rough skin develops, +1 Con and +1 max hp
    L4: Smooth Tongue, +1 Charisma
    L5: Technical Skill, +1 Wis when equipped with a Grimoire of your starting element.
    XP: 150

Money: 0

Inventory: 1x Week Rations; 1x Week Water; 1x Bronze Dual Claws (does 4 damage); 1X Aluminium Dual Claws.

Weapon Proficiency: Dual Claws = L2. Attack with dexterity.
    Level 0 is the default and gives you a negative hit.
    Level 1 is your flat weapon chance. (Bronze weapons have a base 3 to hit.)
    Level 2 grant your stat bonuses along with weapon hit.
    Level 3 allows you to do a 4 hit combo.
    Level 4 is an Area of Effect attack.
    Different weapon types must be levelled individually.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 2 people
Name: Nemid Zul;
Race: Human-Dauun (Alien Hybrid);
Gender/Sex: Male;
Sexuality: Straight;
Appearance: (Pic) Blue Hair, Purple Eyes, Charcoal Grey Skin,5'10",150lbs, Purple Canine Teeth;
Personality: introvert, Goofy, Passive-Aggressive, Kind, Curious;
History:

(WIP, Will post soon)
SKILLS
Combat Training -Basic

ABSORBED SKILLS
Martial Arts - Southern Dragon Style

ABILITIES
Absorbing Replication -

• Stores information in an alternate dimension that resides within him.

Stats: [40/40]
Strength: 4;
Dexterity: 8(Quick);
Constitution: 6(Can take blows);
Intelligence: 8(Quick thinking);
Wisdom: 8(Book smart);
Charisma: 6;

Your armor class is used to determine the DC to hit you.
Health Points: 5 + Constitution;
Armor Class: 3 + Dexterity;

Level: 1;
XP: 0;
Money: 0;
Inventory: 1x Week Rations, 1x Week Water and 1x Bronze Cross Bow?;

Half Human Half Dauun
L2: Night Vision
L3: Overload: Humans can more easily use technology. +3 to using computers
L4: Enhancements: If a human loses a limb, they can replace it although it would reduce a stat by -2 permanently.
L5: Mischievous Experiments: + 2 int
L6: Diverse: Humans can survive any non-extreme weather as long as there's oxygen.
L7: Dauun mortality: +1 HP every hour versus the normal +1 every two hours.
L8: Rabbits: Reproduce extremely quick. +3 Charisma
L9: Dauubalism: +4 to all stats for every half-human half-dauun nearby. (Unlikely, but high bonus in case it happens. Only NPC's will be available for this.)
L10: Probes: Dauun probes can give detailed information about the area ahead. 2 times per day.

Level 1- 40 xp. Level 2- 120 xp. Level 3- 350 xp. Level 4- 1000 xp.

Weapon Proficiency: LvL2;

@Daz @Hermit.Js

They look good. Now we just need Advent and potentially someone else.

Also Daz for your question; Just do whichever is easier on you for the time being. A picture or description is perfectly fine for me.

• Thank You
@Daz @Hermit.Js

They look good. Now we just need Advent and potentially someone else.

Also Daz for your question; Just do whichever is easier on you for the time being. A picture or description is perfectly fine for me.
Thanks, I'll probably go with picture since I've found a fitting one.

@ausbot

When do you think we will be starting this venture? I'm ready to cause some mischief.. jkkjk

Quick question. Since Nemid has Absorption Replication, would I be able to take materials and kinda transmute them into bolts?

How his power works is that he needs a specific unit of energy to do so or preps. Like a quick prep would allow him to do something simple like absorb the energy of a punch to the face. Diverting the Energy of the blow would take one prep or post.

Or, Say the max prep/ posts are 5 for an ability/object to be absorbed it would take an additional 5 preps for him to transform the ability/object to something he needed.

Oh, also~! I'd like to hear more about Grimoires, since I'd like Kyros to be able to use them. :)

upU8Yfr.jpg
  • Name: Sol
    Species: Celestial ~ Starborn
    Sexuality: Straight
    Theme: Instrumental Core ~ Angels Among Demons

Personality: Arrogant and elitist. Sol expects much from those who earn his trust, and judges most beings with high expectations.

History: Sol fought to unite the celestial sub-races. He sought members of both races to form a team that could stand between the Spectrum War, an unending series of crusades waged equally by both forces of Stars and Void.
  • Species: Celestial

Sub-races: Starborn, Voidborn

Conception: Starborn are created in the cores of stars. When a star reaches maturity there is a chance that it will begin to develop an embryo in its core, within this protective shell lies the seed for new sentient life. It takes around 10 years for the organism to form its body and mind, constructed from the elemental fusions taking place just outside of its embryonic barrier. The consciousness of the being then begins to develop as the star builds up enough energy to launch the Starborn into the cosmos. The massive solar ejection that is necessary to give birth to the Starborn can sometimes result in a supernova, leading to the parent star's death. If the link between a Celestial and its parent is severed, then the individual will have lost the primary source of its power.

Starborn Racial Abilities
    • Level 1: Flight ~ Moves same speed as on foot, but +1AC when enemy is trying to attack with melee weapon.

• Level 2: Solar Sphere ~ Can create a small ball of light for 2 hours a day. Interchangeable with a fire, and can be used for cooking.

• Level 3: Radiant Blaze ~ Can heat up the tip of an allies weapon to give them a +1 damage buff for their next 2 actions. 2 per day.

• Level 4: Stellar Shot ~ Can throw the ball of light as a fireball type of weapon. 2 uses per day.

• Level 5: Blessing of Stars ~ Enchant's ally with the strength of a star, for 1 action every stat has a +1.

• Level 7: Cosmic Awakening ~ After allocating stats, multiply wisdom by 1.3 and round down. [pure permanent buff to wisdom.]
  • Appearance: Tall and slender with broad angelic wings. Both his hair and eyes are vibrant gold, and every so often there seems to be a glint or sparkle of light that shines off his features. His attire is made up of platinum silks that imitate his silver feathered wings. Lightweight bits of plate mail are present along his form, such as his pauldrons and gauntlets, but he does not wear a full suit of armor.

mUhl9hT.jpg
  • Stats: 40
    Strength: 7
    Dexterity: 7
    Constitution: 7
    Intelligence: 5
    Wisdom: 8
    Charisma: 6

HP: 12
    AC: 10 [11 flight]

Level: 1
    XP: 0
  • Money: 0

Weapon Proficiency:
    • Scythes [Level 2] Grants Strength stat bonus along with weapon hit.

Equipment:
    • 1x Bronze Scythe [3 to Hit] [3 Damage] [Reach]

Inventory:
    • 7x days of rations
    • 7x days of water

(work in progress)

I have a couple more questions about species creation.

What kind of age limit can we roll with that won't seem broken? I'd like the celestial lifespan to be a fraction of what a star's lifespan is, but nowhere near millions or billions of years. I was thinking somewhere in the thousands, with maybe the eldest having reached 10,000 -- or more reasonably -- 1,000 for the oldest. I think I like the 1,000 age limit better.

Conception is another thing I wanted to bring up, since I see these beings literally being born in the cores of stars and black holes. I think the main unbalanced or possibly broken concept here would be the insinuation that these individuals can survive in these destructive environments, but I would like to relate this to humans being unable to survive in the womb if they were to go back there (since we'd drown on all that embryotic fluid). My idea here is that the unborn celestial is covered in an embryotic shell of some kind, which allows them to survive those conditions until their birth, when they are rejected from the mass of the celestial object through something like a solar flare (where they then travel unconscious through space until they land on a planet or other object -- thus destroying the shell from their birth and bringing them to consciousness). This also makes me wonder if the parents would need to be two celestial beings, or if the star itself was capable of creating life.

I have a couple more questions about species creation.

What kind of age limit can we roll with that won't seem broken? I'd like the celestial lifespan to be a fraction of what a star's lifespan is, but nowhere near millions or billions of years. I was thinking somewhere in the thousands, with maybe the eldest having reached 10,000 -- or more reasonably -- 1,000 for the oldest. I think I like the 1,000 age limit better.

Conception is another thing I wanted to bring up, since I see these beings literally being born in the cores of stars and black holes. I think the main unbalanced or possibly broken concept here would be the insinuation that these individuals can survive in these destructive environments, but I would like to relate this to humans being unable to survive in the womb if they were to go back there (since we'd drown on all that embryotic fluid). My idea here is that the unborn celestial is covered in an embryotic shell of some kind, which allows them to survive those conditions until their birth, when they are rejected from the mass of the celestial object through something like a solar flare (where they then travel unconscious through space until they land on a planet or other object -- thus destroying the shell from their birth and bringing them to consciousness). This also makes me wonder if the parents would need to be two celestial beings, or if the star itself was capable of creating life.
It could be that a Star created the star being once it reached maturity or other met conditions.

When the Star being dies it creates another star in the Universe creating a cycle.

It could be that a Star created the star being once it reached maturity or other met conditions.

When the Star being dies it creates another star in the Universe creating a cycle.
Yes, this cycle is great!

I would then think that the star (or some kind of dark matter/black hole anomaly/singularity for the counterpart) would be equal in size and intensity to the power of the being that died. This way it could be more balanced from lower levels to higher levels.

Before I answer your questions; I'll post the IC thread at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, October 4th, 2016. I need to sit through an online class before I can get it set up.

Please format every post with:
HP: (Current)/(Max)
AC:
XP:

@Hermit.Js

Absorption Replication will be on a post counter system. To create a single bolt from a stick or something will be a single post, with stronger items costing more points. Let me know what sort of things you want to create, and I'll tell you how many posts they'll take. They'll work passively, just keep a tracker somewhere on each post.

@Daz

Grimoire's are books which can be found and used by individuals. A strong mage of the SP method can inscribe a book with a few spells for a Grimoire mage to use. (For example, once Sol turns level 3 he'll be able to make a Grimoire of level 1 spells. Level 8-10 are unique and can't be created, only found.)

When you pick up a Grimoire, I'll have all of the spells listed inside. A L1 Grimoire may have 2 or 3 spells wrote in it, which can be casted 3 times a piece per in-game day. A L2 Grimoire will have more like 4 or 5 spells, 2 L2 spells and 3 L1. And it will keep going like that.

Grimoire's tend to be based on a specific element, so you won't get to pick and choose unless Sol creates you a unique Grimoire, although by that time the spells would be a lot weaker.

@Advent Core

A long life-span like 10,000 years is fine. Because although you do live longer, naturally it would take longer for the body to mature. Humans take about 15 years to mature to adolescents, but live for about 80. (18% of their life.) Sol's age at 1,337 years would be equivalent to (13%) of the total life span, translated into human age ranges Sol would be about 10 and a half. So physically he wouldn't be fully grown, but because at most this campaign might take a few years, it works. (Because older Celestial's would naturally be stronger, if it followed the real world.)

Reactions: Advent Core
I'm going to express my interest. Now to figure out what kind of character to make.

Reactions: Hermit.Js
I'm going to express my interest. Now to figure out what kind of character to make.

Good to know! The first IC post is going up in 25 minutes, so if you can get your CS made by then you'll wake up with the group from the get go. Just get me a basic description of what kind of species you're wanting to play, and I'll give you your L1 skill to start out with. (And you can flesh out the species after we've started so we can figure out your higher ranked skills.)

Reactions: Hermit.Js
Ogier are often mistaken for their smaller, more hostile, and frankly dumber counter parts trollocs by uncultured people. On average, Ogier men stand at 10 ft tall with the woman only slightly smaller. With broad flat noses, wide mouths, long ears with tufts on the end and with a tradition of men growing out their eyebrows of all things as they age, they are somewhat goofy looking. However, do not let their looks deceive you. They have the might to cleave normal men in two as if they were splitting wood for a fire. This is rarely seen, however, as most Ogier are peaceful by nature. They take an extreme interest in nature and cultivate majestic and often times massive groves named appropriately Ogier Groves. However they are renowned for their masonry, and when given a free hand Ogier stone masons have been known to make true master pieces. Buildings that look like cresting waves or a flock of birds or a large bush so life like you'd expect the leaves to rustle in the wind.

There's my race, I'll make my character once I get my L1 skills for them.

Ogier are often mistaken for their smaller, more hostile, and frankly dumber counter parts trollocs by uncultured people. On average, Ogier men stand at 10 ft tall with the woman only slightly smaller. With broad flat noses, wide mouths, long ears with tufts on the end and with a tradition of men growing out their eyebrows of all things as they age, they are somewhat goofy looking. However, do not let their looks deceive you. They have the might to cleave normal men in two as if they were splitting wood for a fire. This is rarely seen, however, as most Ogier are peaceful by nature. They take an extreme interest in nature and cultivate majestic and often times massive groves named appropriately Ogier Groves. However they are renowned for their masonry, and when given a free hand Ogier stone masons have been known to make true master pieces. Buildings that look like cresting waves or a flock of birds or a large bush so life like you'd expect the leaves to rustle in the wind.

There's my race, I'll make my character once I get my L1 skills for them.

L1: Ogier are very skilled with their hands, more crafting options of advanced items available.
L2: Animals like Ogier. You can use Charisma to recruit animals.
L3: Monstrous Strength: +2 Str when doing a chopping motion.

Is there a posting order or is is first come first serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.