Melia

Original poster
tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o1_500.jpg

Original reference picture

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o4_500.jpg

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o5_1280.jpg

I had a slight panic attack about the hair. I thought I'd ruined the drawing, at this point.

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o7_500.jpg

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o8_1280.jpg

So I went with my solution to everything: Blend the fuck out of it.

tumblr_mcza4f5RXl1qe9f26o9_1280.jpg

good enough.

So this is where I'm at right now. I'm incredibly frustrated with his skin tone. The coloring of this picture is much cooler than the one I previous did, and the colored pencil that matches the tone, doesn't lift well with white. So I'm at a bit of a stand still until I go buy myself a colored pencil that will suit my needs a bit better. I could work on his jacket, I suppose, but I have a fear of that smearing onto his skin before I'm done with it, and I won't be able to lift those dark colors out. So I'm just waiting right now. I've had a lot more frustration over this drawing that I did the last one.

Any advice anyone has for drawing hair or coloring with prismacolors, I'll definitely take it. I only have twelve colors, which work fine for me when working with warmer tones, but I've really discovered it doesn't work in doing light colored cooler tones.

though I'm not entirely satisfied with the left side of the picture. Or with my sad attempt at signing it. I think I might try and fix those things.