New Dimensions: Lost in the Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

violetsun

Original poster
This is an idea I've played before and liked because it allows for just about anything. I will have characters in and will initially do some DM stuff--I will chuck some initial challenges at the group, but the entire group will be able to have a hand in what happens, when, and how. We will all help drive the plot forward. As long as your characters don't know how we got here (though they can have an idea) or how to get back, do whatever you like as long as it's not absurdly overpowered
smile.png

SETTING:

We are in a forest in a dimension that is not our own. Characters can end up here from almost anywhere...a futuristic setting where technology rules, or a fantasy castle where magic reigns strong. Maybe you're just a normal teenager.

Why you're here is a mystery. Maybe you have a task to complete. Perhaps there is something you need to discover about yourself.

But maybe, just maybe, you got caught up in a ripple between our universes. The binding is weak in spots, and sometimes people end up stuck, if you will.

You will need to band together with your fellow survivors and find your way out of this place...or at least to safety. Can you make it? Or will this world consume you?

--

RULES:

-Please don't throw in characters that have the power to automagically escape into another dimension, because that's going to make this RP very short and no fun for anyone. The same goes for automagic healing of injuries/other things that may be considered godmoding. Or at least ask the group first.

-MULTIPLES ARE ALLOWED. Please refrain from playing with so many characters that you can't keep track and wind up forgetting some. More than three or is gonna make me raise an eyebrow if I don't know you already. More than four is probably gonna make me raise an eyebrow either way.

-Be nice to one another.

-Try to use fully-fleshed posts, and if you're going to post back and forth for a while, take it to PMs and have one of you post it in a chunk. That'll keep the thread from becoming really long while people are asleep/working/etc. One-lines are occasionally okay, when their use is appropriate. Try not to be excessive with them.

-Swearing is allowed. Your characters are allowed to develop relationships but this shouldn't be the main focus of this thread. Please don't smut all over the thread in public, no one likes that and it's icky to clean up for the mods. Take it to PMs if your characters for some reason need to show their nudie bits assuming everyone is of age (but don't post it here).

CHARACTER SHEETS:

Use whatever one you want. Please make sure it has at least:

NAME:

APPEARANCE:

ORIGINAL SETTING (keep brief):

PERSONALITY/BACKSTORY:

NAME: Avior Hail

ORIGINAL SETTING (keep brief): A land engulfed in crime and flames. Literally! The world Avior had to survive through was engulfed in flames and smoke. It was like a world of ember. It IS a world of ember.
le image:
flipped_epic_wallpaper_hd_5.jpg

PERSONALITY/BACKSTORY: Avior, born in the World of Ember, began a life as an orphan at the age of ten. The raging fires took his father, and a group called C.I.G. kidnapped his mother. Although, Avior never really got to know either of them despite always playing with them when he was little, he harbored no feelings for them. Apparently, he's some cold-hearted monster, right?
That was also the time he lost his arm.
Anyways, Avior made friends in safe areas around his city, but they too were dragged into hell. That was when he truly was infuriated. He joined the army a few months back. He didn't really have to go through much training, since every person in the city needed to know how to defend themselves. Finally, he was on the front lines, ready to take revenge, when suddenly he felt as if he were being sucked into a vortex of matter. When he finally opened his eyes, something... no, this place was wrong. It was the total opposite of his world! (okay i can't see the picture you posted so I guessed.)

EXTRA: Some guy name Eliot repaired his arm, so now his arm is a weapon of fire, spewing out fire. Though, it does make jimmy, I mean Avior sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.