Idefk at this point
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Hello! So, I’ve been on iwaku for almost 4 years now, love the site, love my partners and friends I’ve made, and love the staff for being so accommodating and helpful! My laptop broke about last year, so I’ve been replying via cell phone, but I’ve FINALLY gotten a new computer! Got an Internet adapter chip, all kinds of fancy new stuff, right? Well, after spending almost two hours manhandling this thing, having to fix my CD tray and all kinds of stuff, I finally made it to Iwaku on the new computer! Though, I experienced some hiccups.

1. When I searched this up on my browser (google chrome) it gave me a pop-up saying that Iwaku wasn’t a safe site. I kinda waved it off, mostly because I’ve been a user for so long and see no threat, but I am always cautious. I have yet to get an anti-virus, what with my hours getting cut at work due to the IRL virus at hand, so that is on my to-do list.

2. My main issue, is that I can not type anything on my computer. I can view threads, forums, see the front page, go to my old convo’s, but there is no bar or space to actually TYPE up a reply, you see. There’s the button that says REPLY and even attach files, but no where to type. And, the profile pics are not showing, idk If that means anything, but I figured I’d mention it. I’ve tried looking into the cookies and removing them, but I nearly lost my account, tried going on a different browser and it didn’t work.

I’m on my phone currently, which has never given me issues. My friend is telling me to type in iwakuroleplay.com directly rather than www. Or http: but that didn’t work either :/ I have NOT tried taking Adblocks down or anything, mostly because I’m not tech savvy and don’t know how lol I know it’s hard to work with, me not being the most computer friendly, but I HOPE that some one can help. My friend is being so gracious to help me, but nothing seems to work :(

Well first, make sure you are using https:// <- it needs the s in there. Second, the security thing that pops up is only because of images on Iwaku that are linked from off-iwaku sites. Like the topsites image, or images people put in their threads or siggy! (It's actually because we do that that "s" you get the secure warning, because it's not an iwaku link, so it doesn't trust it)

Second, try doing a hard refresh of your browser cache. It sounds like the site didn't finish loading everything right the first time, so it's missing pieces that make the postboxes work, (things like stylesheets etc). Because of the quaruntine there's so many people on the internet lately that many servers have had a hard time loading up properly sometimes, and weird little things like that'll happen.

You should be able to see and use everything on Iwaku (except for our rpad banners) with adblock still on too, so I dont think that is the issue!

So lemme know if a hard refresh sorts things out, and then we'll try something else if it doesn't. O: