New beginning (Kuroda ~ Yata Misaki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uhh...Attractive means someone who looks good." Hunter answered, scratching his head as he tried to find a suitable definition of the word. "In other words, Sam thinks you look really good."

Hunter smiled, but then he turned up to look at the colour of the sky. Wow, already the sun is setting. "I think we need to go home now." He said, before turning his face to Dustin's again. "I still need to finish my homework."

Side by side, Hunter walked down the street with his hands in his pockets as he accepted the cool breeze that swept his partially dyed fringe every so little.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laying out his homework all over the dining table after dinner, Hunter groaned as he realised the amount of worksheets and textbook chapters he had to read today. Although he wasn't a big procrastinator, Hunter was still sick of homework just like any normal high-school student. As he sorted his homework in neater piles, Hunter slammed his forehead onto the table on purpose, realising that the homework he had for his least favourite subject-i.e English-had the biggest stack.

"Ugh...Dustin," Hunter mumbled in a sarcastically sad tone. "You don't know how lucky you are in this particular situation. You don't have to worry about doing homework all day."

From his little corner of the sofa dustin chuckled, "sounds like it." He respondes his eyes fixated on the world outside the window. Though has Hunter mentioned it Dustin was curious as to what homework, school, and other things related to that meant, but desided to leave the questions for later as hunter seemed busy enough with the papers and books in front of him.

Though curiosity eventually got the best of him as he got of from his little nest to see what Hunter's fuss was about. Walking up behind Hunter he leaned over Hunter's shoulders and watched for a moment as the boy worked, "whats that mean?" He asked pointing to the jumble of words hunter was working on, since dustin didnt know how to read or write it made understanding anything only harder for him, as he point dustin didn't even notice how little bits of his body pressed against hunters back.

"Oh these paragraphs?" Hunter confirmed as he looked at where Dustin was pointing at. "Heard of Macbeth? Probably not. It's a play about some tragic tale of this king called Macbeth. We have to write an analysis about the play. It's such a pain because it's written in 'old English'-if you can call it that. It makes me wanna rip my hair out."

Although he didn't really mention it, Hunter realised that Dustin's bodyweight was on his back. Of course, Hunter became flustered quite quickly, and instantly turned around to Dustin and said, "Um, you're gonna break my back." Hunter joked, before chuckling a little bit. "You can take a seat next to me if you're that interested in my work. You can have a read of my science textbook if you like."

Dustin didnt realize he was leaning so heavily and blushef ib embarrassment making him start to play with his lip ring, "s-sorry." He muttered taking a seat next to Hunter resting his chin on the table like a child, "what is reading?" He asked trying to picture what the word might mean considering its strange sound, maybe it was a dance.. he questioned many possibilities in his head but looked up to huhter from the table top for an explanation. Though has he looked up he realized the faded tent of blush on hunters cheeks still, "why do you blush so much around me?" He asked bemused.

Just before Hunter was about to say the meaning of the word 'reading', he immediately stopped and turned to Dustin in complete confusion. "Reading is wh- Wait a motherfucking moment do you eve know how to read?" Hunter's face was full of bewilderment. This is the shit you see in documentaries Jesus Christ.

"Reading..." Hunter started again, "Is when you are trying to understand the meaning of things that are either written down or printed out. It is also a very important skill. By important, I mean you have to use it literally every day. I honestly thought that your parents would at least teach you how to read." By now, Hunter had completely stopped finishing his homework and turned around to face Dustin. Before he could say anything though, Dustin pointed out how much Hunter had been blushing and instantly the latter turned his head in embarrassment.

"Uhh, don't mind me." Hunter chuckled nervously, "I guess I just like having someone like you around."

Dustin was a taken aback by how much reading ment to this type of life, he could speak many languages, but he couldn't read or write, "h-how do you...read..?" Dustin asked hunter but then noticed what hunter had said about him being around, "why is that?" He asked bemused by the coloring reddening in hunters face, before he could stop the words he blurted out, "your cute when you blush." He said playfully with a laugh at the end. The boy could play this game for hours, or sit in silence and whatch hunter work, Dustin couldn't care less as the weird emotions reappeared, "h-hey hunter..?" He said very timidly as he played with his lip ring once more and looking into his lap like a kid who had just dont something wrong and had been caught doing so. Dustin's heart started to pound and his emotions turned into butterflies has he thoight of his next question.

Hunter sighed as Dustin asked one of the dumbest questions he had every heard in his life. Yup, he can't read...and if he can't read then I bet he can't write either.

"Oh uhhh..."Hunter touched both of his cheeks with his hands, trying to cover up his blushes. "Well, I do feel a bit lonely sometimes. Before you came, I lived in this apartment all alone, and so when I come from school, I didn't really have anyone to talk to. However now, I have you here."

Hunter grinned, before becoming even embarrassed by Dustin's comment that he looked cute when he blushed. "Hey...You don't just go around and call a guy cute." Hunter stuttered. But soon he noticed a somewhat timid expression that formed Dustin's face.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Hunter asked back.

Dustin blushed massively and played with his lip ring more then usual before he finally gathered the strength to ask, "what is is called when your next to someone and they make your chest feel weird like fuzzy warm weird and they make your heart start beating really fast?..." he asked avoiding eye contact hoping that whatever this weird thing happening to him wasn't another weird thing that only happened to him again, or that hunter was the reason behind his weird fuzzy stuff in his chest.

As he was awaiting for the answer Dustin started randomly remembering all the times hunter had been there for him and the weird fuzzy stuff appeared, like when hunter meet him in the forest at his weakest hour, hunter in the hospital resting his foreheads against dustins own, when dustin first arrived at hunters place and eat with him at the table for the first time, the movie threater earlier today, the alleyway scene earlier as well, all up until the moment now where Dustin had a strange urge to do something to hunter but he couldn't understand what his body wanted to do.

"...Huh?"

That was the first sound that came out of Hunter's mouth after Dustin's next question. What kind of bloody question is that? For once in his time with Dustin, Hunter got stuck on a question that the former had asked him. "Uhhh...That's quite a...deep question." Hunter replied, before eyeing Dustin a bit weirdly. "Give me a moment to think about that."

And so, Hunter stroked his chin, trying to find an answer to that question. When you're next to someone and they make your chest feel fuzzy, and make your heartbeat go really really fast. Hmmm...isn't that being nervous? But that doesn't necessarily result you into feeling all fuzzy. Well exercising is something that fits his description...but looking at Dustin, he doesn't look like the type that would exercise all day. Hunter thought harder and harder, and then he came to a conclusion, but in his opinion at least, it was a weird one.

"I guess it means you have a crush on that someone?" Hunter answered, although that was more of a rhetorical question, but he still elaborated. "Usually when you have a crush on someone, your chest begins to feel warm and your heart begins to beat quite fast when you're around your crush.

Taking in the information dustin blushed brighter then before and then timidly looked up at hunter, his normally wide and playfully eyes turned to soft and confused, "a-are you sure?.." he asked taken aback by hunters response. Unknowing how to react to this he fell silent unsure if it was ok to tell hunter or not that his crush was indeed the boy sittinf next to him.

As he contemplated his secret he managed the goods and bads that would come from it, and desided to test hunters response, "what if its a guy that makes you feel that way?" He asked deciding hunters reaction to this question would be his decision on telling his secret.

"'Bout ninety percent sure." Hunter replied.

Hunter grabbed his glass of water and placed it onto his lips to take a sip, only for him to almost spit it out when Dustin asked his next question. Even though Hunter managed to restrain himself from spitting all of the water that was in his mouth onto the floor-or even worse, onto Dustin-some droplets still leaked out onto his lips, and Hunter naturally grabbed a bit of his sleeves to wipe his mouth, before gulping the rest of the water down his throat. Well...does he not even know what that's called either? Talk about being sheltered to the core. "Umm...that's still the same thing, in a way," Hunter said, trying to find the correct words to say. "Except that's just more uncommon."

"Besides though, why did you ask me about it?" Hunter asked one of his own questions. So far, the recent questions that Dustin had thrown onto him were a pain in the neck to answer. "My brain hurts from those kind of questions, because the answers are not that obvious."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dustin looked into his lap knowing he couldn't excaped hunters question, "b-be..." he started to speak but found it really hard to continue, after all his second biggest fear was making hunter never wanting to see him again, and he had a feeling by the term 'uncommon' Hunter would probably react in a bad way, "b-because..." he tried it again, but got stuck once more. Ugh! Why cant I just talk?! Fucking shit Dustin its just hunter..God! He yelled at himself mentally, frustrated with his communication skills at the moment. Taking a deep breath he looked up a Hunter, played with his lip ring, looked back down to his lap, and squeezed his eyes shut, "because your the only person I have to talk to besides the crazy chick at the movies, and because whenever im around you I get all weird and I dont know what to do about it. Its like just when im around you to! And its confusing and I dont know what uncommon is but I have a feeling its bad and...and" he didn't realized how badly he was getting worked up over something a small as this until a tear fell and hit his hand that was clinched into a ball in his lap, "and I dont want to lose you so I was scared of telling you.. please dont hate me!" He begged "i-i'll try to make it go away I promise, just please dont go." He begged looking up at hunter timidly. Dustin could tell by the tension in the air he had gone overboard or his phobia had come to life about freaking hunter out, and let his head hang, "im sorry.." he whispered and without knowing what else to do he started rising from his chair.

Instinctively, when Dustin began standing up from his chair, Hunter quickly grabbed onto the former's wrist. I knew it, he was going to take it wrong way. "I just said it was rare for a guy to have a crush on a guy," Hunter reiterated, before continuing on. "I never said it's bad. Sorry for making you worry."

Wait so...from what I just heard from Dustin, he has a crush on me? It wasn't like Hunter never heard of anyone that had a crush on him. In fact, Hunter knew some girls that went to his school did have some sort crush on him. However, a guy? That's a first. Regardless though, Hunter didn't mind, as he also harboured similar feelings for Dustin. What should I say though? It's quite a emotionally-touchy topic. Even though Hunter realised that he was still clutching onto Dustin's wrist, Hunter stared directly into Dustin's eyes, before opening his mouth to say the things that were going through Hunter's mind.

"Firstly, you don't need to be afraid of me leaving you alone," Hunter started, and then he stood up and grabbed Dustin's other wrist. "That reaction I had earlier was simply because it was a question that people don't usually ask, so I get a bit surprised." he breathed in again, trying to recollect all of his thoughts that were running around his mind. "Secondly, you don't have to try and remove those feelings. Those kind of emotions are really hard to get rid of."

Then, Hunter finally let go of Dustin's hands, before opening his arms wide to hug Dustin. "Again, I won't leave you, just liked I promised before."

"S-so.. you're not mad at me..?" Dustin asked hugging hunter around the waist and talked from his shoulder where his forehead laid. As hunter hugged him and made is promise once more Dustin had a overwhelming since of comfort, something he was yet to be used to. Dustin closed his eyes and shifted his body so that he was leaning into hunter, unknowing if that was ok or not, he was simply happy with hunter saying he wouldn't leave.

"Why would I hate you for something like that?" Hunter replied. "It's normal for people to have those kind of feelings."

Just as he was embracing Dustin, Hunter glanced at the unfinished pile of homework and sighed in annoyance. He still had a ton of worksheets to get through and with that thought in mind, Hunter pulled away from Dustin and patted him on the shoulder. "Oh yeah, I need to finish my homework," Hunter said, before sitting down on his chair again. "Still have to do a ton of homework. Plus, it's also getting quite late, you should get some rest."

After saying that, Hunter turned back and banged his head onto the table at the mountain of papers stacked on top of each other that was right in his sight range. Kill me now.

------------Next day, after school---------------------

Hunter slammed the front door shut, before leaning onto it and sighing in exhaustion. So tired, I literally only slept for three hours last night trying to cram all my projects and assignments in. Rubbing his eyes, Hunter chucked his school bag onto the couch and pulled out a couple of novels, before walking to the kitchen counter to grab a glass of cold lemonade. After taking a sip, Hunter called Dustin to come down, as Hunter had something planned for his new friend, like always as of recently. When Dustin finally came down, Hunter placed those novels in front of him. Here goes nothing, not sure how good of a teacher I will be.

"If I recall correctly," Hunter stared and placed his opened can of lemonade onto the kitchen counter. "Yesterday, you asked how to read, and I told you it was a very important skill needed in life. In that case, I decided that I should probably teach you, since you can't really go to school now to learn how to read."

When dustin was dismissed for bed he had so much stuff on his mind that he couldn't sleep until late in the afternoon. ..when hunter came home and called for him, waking him up from his at most 30 minutes worth of sleep. Groaning he rolled out of bed and managed to pull on basketball shorts through his half sleeping state before shuffling down to where hunter was with some books. Curious, Dustin heard the other male out about how Dustin was going to learn to read, "really?" Dustin said amused with the thought of hunter as a teacher and remembered the show he watched earlier how the students called their teachers sensei-san, for shits and giggled Dustin mimics the characters on the show and bowed, "ohiyo sensei-san." He said then looked up from the bow and started to laugh at hunters reaction.

Where the fuck did you get 'ohayo' from? And sensei-san on top of that. Hunter laughed on the inside. "Wrong language Dustin." Hunter chuckled slightly. "But I applaud you for trying to learn the basics of a foreign language. Anyway, let's get started."

"Oh yeah speaking of which..." Hunter was about to ask another wave of ridiculous questions, but he kind of had to in order to know where to start from in his 'tutoring class'. "Do you know the alphabet?"

Come on, the basics, please tell me you at least know that much.

After listening to Dustin's answer, Hunter quickly ran into his room to get something from his bookshelf. It was a dictionary. Then, Hunter walked back to the kitchen counter and placed the dictionary in front of Dustin's face.

"This is a dictionary." Hunter explained. "It has all the definitions of words from, at least in this case, the English language. So, if you don't know the definition of a word, you can look it up on the dictionary. I'll show you how to use it...after you learn how to read at a basic level."

Dustin played with his lip ring as he sat besides hunter, "Alphabet?..." dustin said confuzled. Then when hunter sat a huge ass book in front of him Dustin looked at it like a cat does water, "its so big~" he said poking the book like it might bite him. When he heard a chuckle out of hunter he stuck his tongue out like a child. "How do you even use this?" He said opening the book in his lap and trying ti read it upside down.

Almost repeating what had happened last time, Hunter nearly spat out his lemonade again. Oh dear, this is gonna be a pain in the ass. "You don't know the Alphabet? Jesus..." After knowing this child, I believe Jesus Christ actually exists, or how else did this kid survive for so long?

"You're holding it upside down..." Hunter pointed out, mentally facepalming as he watched Dustin trying to figure how to use a dictionary. What do I expect, but I still can't believe he doesn't know shit about literally everything. "Here here let me show you."

"Let's say, you don't know the meaning of the word 'compound'." Hunter explained, and made sure to use words that are easy to understand for Dustin. "You first use the word's first letter-in this case, C- and then flick to the letter-C part. Then, flick through that section until you find..." Hunter continued flipping the pages, trying to find the word he used as an example, and then after a few pages, Hunte found it pointed out the word to Dustin. "And here the word 'compound', meaning 'to combine so as to form a mix'."

Of course, Hunter suspected that Dustin wouldn't be able to take in everything. "But it seems to be quite complicated to you. Let's not worry about it now and start learning the Alphabets, okay?" Hunter started, setting the dictionary aside for now, before grabbing a piece of paper and pen to write out the entire Alphabet sequence. "These are the Alphabets in order. Repeat after me." He then grabbed his pen and pointed to each letter as he called out the letters. "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y ,Z. We got that?"

It was only 5 minutes and Dustins brain already hurt, but he did was he was told and read/repeated the works, though when he was done he had a few questions for hunter, though Dustin doubted hunter knew them, "hey hunter can I talk to Siri really quick I have a question for her." He asked hunter for his little talking device hunter had explained was a phone and within a day Dustin had figured out how to work and use it with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.