New And Ready To RP

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by CosmicDrift, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Greetings! I am CosmicDrift, though you can just call me CD. I've signed up for Iwaku looking for a friendly community and new and more literate RP experience to help further develop my OC's. The topics I'm most interested in are Adventure, Fantasy, and Dimensional Collisions.

Random Q&A:
    Male or Female? Female, though I RP using both genders.
    Have you roleplayed before? Yes, and I also have literate experience.
    Do you like group RPs or partners? I prefer group RPs.
    Preferred type of RP? Anything that I can use my OCs in.
    Preferred rating? PG-14. I don't use Mature.
    Anything else? Yes. More information can be found under my "Roleplay Resume".

So, are there any open roleplays that could be suggested for me to look into? I'd prefer to use my already completed characters, which consist of two dragons and a humanoid bird of my own created race, all of which have personality, biographies, powers and weaknesses, etc etc. They may not seem much for now, but I'm definitely going to expand my list soon.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to join you guys sometime soon!

2. Hey there, CD! Welcome to Iwaku! You'll find that we're a group of people who're completely full of awesome and would love to RP with you! If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask - we'd love to help you out!

As for any RPs that you could join, why not try looking here and here, may your RP experiences be full of awesome! :D

3. Hi there Cosmic Drift! First step in helping you with improving your writing experience - that is not what literate means and every roleplay site that uses literate in that way are not only propagating a definition of the word that doesn't exist, they are being very rude. D: Read THIS LINK and you'll see why!

So welcome to Iwaku! <3 You should definitely be able to challenge, exercise and work with improving writing skills here. We have a lot of fun activities along side getting to roleplay. :D I hope you find what you're looking for!

4. Okay, thank you guys for introducing me to the basics. :D
    And sorry about using the term 'literate'-- I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I have a question, though. Sooner or later, I'd like to host my own RP, but when browsing through the 'GLOBAL SIGNUPS LISTING' section, it says I have insufficient privileges to post there. I looked through the FAQ but didn't anything about the topic (sorry in advance if I missed it). Do I have to wait until my 'New Member' status disappears, or is there some other way I need to host an OOC?

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. I just figured out how to post an OOC thread. Please forgive my newbie-ness. >_<

#4 CosmicDrift, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  5. Cosmic drift, I wish to know more about your 'space'. Will you become my minion? Or perhaps enslave me. Or is the friend thing your fancy?

6. Aurophian space is generally a peaceful organization. Despite having a fantasy-based planet with beastial races, we go around traveling to various worlds to record their culture and way of life, hoping to add their numbers to our quest for universal understanding. So yes, friendship is what we fancy most.