...New and looking for a new story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GunsmokeGrotto

Hello. I am only a man.
I am absolutely new to this website, but i've been idolizing it for a while. I'm, sadly what you can call a noob, so yeah...but from where I come from, I wanted a bit more out of roleplay. So I joined Iwaku, deciding maybe I could start new experiences and new friends, as hard as that may be. Since...i'm such a noob.
I have done little roleplay very few times, but I want to learn how to become better at it. I would like Iwaku to spark my imagination and writing, but I can't do this completely alone. As long as i'm here, i'm hoping to find people to guide me at least for my first few weeks or months.​
Lastly, I know nothing about how this website works, so expect me to be very, very confused. But I want my mind and soul to grow on Iwaku, as well as new friends. The longer I stay here, the more about myself I will reveal. If anyone can point me on places to go firstly in this website, or who to interact with, I would much appreciate it. If you can't, I understand. My profile may be blank too, so yeah...i'll try to change that.
In general, I would like a little motivation to stay on this website, if that's not too much to ask. Thank you for anyone who decides to help me. I am, after all, a currently blank noob. Okay, I believe that's enough. Just point me where to go or what to do or what to find. Thank you.​

Haha. Don't worry too much about being a "noob." Everyone starts out new, silly. It is, of course, your own choice to stay or not, but there are a lot of people on iwaku and I'm sure you'll find SOMEONE who captures your interest. I would say it'd be good to go check out our Newbie Care Package, which is stickied at the top of this forum (New Arrivals and Departures). We can assign you a guide there whom you can pester exxclusively, etc. Roleplay is a COLLABORATIVE writing effort. Nobody can do it alone. We all work together to write. :)

Hi, welcome to Iwaku. I think you managed just fine with the first step, your introduction.
I think maybe you might want to start here, like have a browse with the different mechanics of writing.

CONTENT | IwakuRoleplay.com

There's a lot to read but it has helped me. I hope it helps you too.

There's also a help section too.
Help | IwakuRoleplay.com

Hello Grotto! Welcome to Iwaku

Jay said most of my stuff, besides make sure to check out the rules. If you have any questions I am always open, also currently open for Rp partners~! I hope you enjoy your stay on Iwaku~

Ah, perfect, perfect~ I'm glad I met with quite a few nice, um, introductory users such as yours. I'll definitely check out those places to go when I have the time. I already have a couple of questions, but i'll save them for when they're necessary. Well, thanks!

Hi there, I joined back up a few days ago too but I'd been here in the past. If you ever wanna RP something casual to get into the swing of things, I like 1x1's if you have any ideas. .) Feel free to hit me up with plots!

Welcome to like, the best RP site on the web~ ♥

Hello, Grotto! Welcome to Iwaku, and it's nice to hear that you like it. ^^ If you want a place to hang out and chat if you're not roleplaying, come on over to General Chatting. See you around~

Welcome to Iwaku! No need to be nervous about this place -- it's probably the friendliest and most community-like RP site out there. XD There are plenty of people around to help you if you need it. I'm currently not an official guide for the Newbie Care Package that @firejay1 mentioned, but I'll still be around if you want some help getting used to the site on a somewhat more informal basis. :P

I think you'll like it just fine here. Happy RPing! ^^

Thank you all so much! I'm very glad I have gotten a nice introduction from all of you! I'll feel more welcome in Iwaku as time goes by, but, again, thanks!~ Also it's good that you pointed for me places to go, I very much appreciate it! :]​

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Welcome to Iwaku! Although you consider yourself to be a newbie when it comes to Roleplaying on here, I think that you'll fit in just fine as the members of this site are both extremely friendly and helpful. In fact, I just rejoined the other day and of all the Roleplaying sites I've come across, I think that this one is my favorite due to the atmosphere!

Anyway, if you have any questions regarding the site or navigating it, please don't hesitate to ask as I'd be more than happy to try and help you!

Hey Grotto, welcome to Iwaku! Be sure to read the rules and check out our uberawesome Newbie Care Package for accounts less than 2 months old! Peruse our fine RP wares and don't hesitate to ask a staffer for help when you need it. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.