Nevermoore Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Railey seemed really stressed, like the Nevermore court was taking a toll on him with even getting close to him at all. Sammie would agree with the fact that Nevermore had something evil around it. She try to look up the doctors there, but it just said that they were great, not where they went school or how long they had been in the filed. What was really strange was no one said anything about it, like they had the information. The one time she got to see a patient, the old woman was muttering and a nurse took her away as well as shoo Sammie.

"You think there's something wrong about that place too? I've been trying to talk to the doctors and nurses there since it opened, but they always give some excuse. None of the doctors there have any record of where they went to school or what they did before they worked at Nevermore. I never see any of the patients outside and everyone always act like Nevermore is normal. Like never letting patients outside and having doctors with out known schooling take care of them is normal! I'm worried for those patients in there." Sammie finished off more quietly, she felt that if she didn't do everything in her power to help those in Nevermore, than she didn't deserve to be a doctor.

Jason raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Heh, you're telling me to go away? Im going regardless if I join your little group or not. And besides, if there does happen to be something bad there, and you get caught up in it, what would you be able to do? You are so physically screwed up right now that a kindergartner could tackle you down." he said in reply to Railey's stressed response. Whatever this was about, he really needed to chill out. Getting this crazy before you even get to the Court, hell, he could only imagine how he would act once they were in front of it.

"Say what you want, I am still going."

Railey fidgeted a bit more thinking over what they had said. He bit his lip, thinking was getting harder with each passing moment. The only thing that seemed to be keeping him coherent was Lexi's hand on his back. Lexi frowned at them all and sighed. He got up and left his frazzled friend on the couch. He walked around the coffee table to the newcomers. he smiled sadly and whispered.

"I'm very sorry. He's not usually like this, he's usually rather friendly. Railey hasn't slept in like forty-eight hours." He bit his lip in worry, "You two are more than welcome to come with us. Railey has plans to go tonight, whether I can get him to take a nap or not. He has every possible scrap of knowledge on the place scattered on the table behind me. If you wish to come with us, I would suggest that you read up on the Court." He smiled and stepped away.

"Would you two like a snack?"

Sammie felt bad for making Railey feel worse than already was, she did accept the coffee and offer to read up on Nevermore.

"My name is Samantha by the way, I'm sorry if I caused any of you more stress. Um, Railey? If you're gonna go to Nevermore, you should try to get some rest. It wouldn't do your health well to not sleep and having a bunch of stress on top of it. We'll go and check out the place and see whats up with it, I think everyone should rest before we go as well. Could be a long night. Wait, you mention food. I'll take whatever you'll give me, I haven't eaten since before practice." Sammie smile at them all, too much stress can kill a person so better try to lighten the mood a bit.

Lexi smiled at the girl, stopping his trek to the kitchen. "My name is Lexi, you've met Railey," He motioned to the white-haired girl, "and this is Lliira, she'll be joining us. It's a pleasure meeting you." He shot a look at Railey, making the auburn-haired boy grunt slightly. Lexi slipped away to get the rest of the snacks as Railey leaned back. The stressed teen leaned back and placed a hand over his chest as he tried to relax, his heart was slamming too hard. He was starting to feel a bit sick. He looked at the newcomers, blinking tiredly.

"I'm sorry. Just not feeling very well right now." he motioned to his records on the Court, "Lexi's right. you should read up."

Sammie nodded, Better get to reading all these papers if she wanted any idea what she maybe getting herself into. So Sammie took a sit at the table with papers on it and started reading each one of them.

Jason's tougher demeanor eased up as Lexi had apologized on Railey's behalf. This time a friendly smile appearing on his face as he nodded to Lexi. "Dont worry, stress makes everyone go nuts. But Lexi has a point, you really do need some rest Railey. You wont have any kind of strength to travel if you dont sleep at least a little. Even a twenty minute power nap would be enough of a boost to get you going." he said to Railey as he made his way to the papers and whatnot on the table. When Lexi asked if he or the girl wanted a snack, he merely smiled and said "I already ate, but a glass of water would be awesome, thanks".

He sat across the table from Sammie and he glanced over at her, "By the way, I didnt catch your name earlier, what was it again?"

Railey warily eyed everyone in the room expect Lexi before gently laying down on the couch. He shifted slightly but closed his eyes slowly. Lexi smiled at their guests and silently thanked them. He laid out food and drinks before taking a seat by Railey's feet. He frowned before handing out everything. He sighed and took a drink. He looked down at Railey, surprised to see that he was already asleep. He smiled weakly before picking a few of the papers. He bit his lip and handed the old yellowed paper to Jason.

"This is one of the papers that Railey found. It's the oldest newspaper we've found. It says that the Court opened twenty years." He looked concerned, "But, there's no news that it ever closed.... Yet, it just had a Grand Opening."

Jason carefully took the old paper and examined it as Lexi explained how it was around since twenty years ago. He honestly did find it strange that this place would open that long ago... just to have another grand opening now. He raised his eyebrow as he read the article and thought about it.

"Strange... you would think the town records would have some kind of info on that. Did he go there to check for anything?" he asked Lexi, assuming the journalism major probably already had done that. A lot of questions popped in his head about this. Did no one remember it from twenty years ago? Why was it that it was just now having a grand opening... if it was open long ago? Of course the obvious answer would be that they had unofficially closed for remodeling, but most instances like that never lasted two full decades.

"What other info did you find out about it from the new opening?"

Lexi frowned and shifted uncomfortably as he looked at Jason. He sighed and took a drink of tea. He took his glasses off and grunted softly. He rubbed his eyes weakly before putting his glasses back on.

"Railey went to this grand opening. They claimed that the place had never opened before so this was a brand new opportunity." He looked up, a little frightened, "B-but it's wrong. The place did open, twenty years ago, and actually took patients. We searched town records and even talked to people that would have been around at that time. They had no recollection of it ever opening. So, we thought maybe it hadn't. B-but it turns out that my aunt saves like every newspaper ever and we found this battered copy. The place did open and took several patients. But no one remembers, there's not even city records, it's like someone just erased it from history."

Before Railey could reply to Lliira's explanation, a couple more people came in, apparently eager to join the night raid on Nevermoore Court. It was almost as if this was the Bucket O' Blood Inn, and the Party of Adventurers were spontaneously meeting each other and deciding to form a quest to explore the fabled ruins of Iskandar or some such. Except that instead of a Ranger or Half-Orc or the like, the young man was an almost stereotypical Brash American, shouldering his way into the group with assurances that he was gonna do what he wanted no matter what. Lliira kept her own council as the others talked, until Lexi introduced her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you," she said, though it was also disquieting. She was not entirely convinced of the wisdom of busting into the place in the middle of the night, especially if the place really could appear and disappear (if not physically, at least in terms of local conscious awareness). The new boy, Jason, seemed inclined toward the 'Fire, Aim, Ready' approach, and Railey was rather a wreck, yet equally eager to charge in. "I am Lliira Andreadys," she said, offering Jason and Sammy a pale hand in turn.

"I would not try to dissuade you from coming, but I hope you know that it will be very dangerous, and not only physically. These papers provide documented proof that Nevermoore Court is able to have powerful and unconventional effects on human consciousness, at a minimum. Lexi, do you know if any patient as ever left Nevermoore Court alive? Any former employees?

Erased it from history huh? Jason had to admit that this kind of info was somewhat unsettling, but he didnt let that really get to him. He had a dare to complete after all. Besides, the more he learned of this Court, the more it made him want to see what secrets lied behind its closed doors.

"Well it seems that you guys really lucked out on finding this article." he said to Lexi as he continued to examine the battered piece of paper. He did not want to handle it too much due to how old it was, so he merely kept it on the table to read. He leaned back and glanced over at Lliira. She was an interesting looking girl. Certainly pretty, but like an unsettling pretty. She certainly wasnt a run of the mill college girl that was for sure.

She held out a pale hand and Jason took it in his own in greeting. Though his large hands seemed like they would handle other things roughly, his grip was gentle as a gave her a small smile. "Nice to meet you, like I said I am Jason, second captain to the college intramural basketball team."

Shaking the young lady's hand, Sammie smiled back at her.

"You're right about making complete sure about what'll we be getting ourselves into and if we can handle it. But doesn't it make more of a case to go? What if those patients are in trouble? I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do what I could to help them. Besides, someone has to get to the bottom of this and no one else is going to, so why not us?" Sammie said with a bit of passion, these papers were making her more and more nervous about this place, but there are people there who could be trapped. And with a group like this they would find the truth and bring it back with them.

Lexi looked down at the papers on the table. He felt sick and his skin felt clammy. he sighed and looked around the table at their guests. He shook his head as he searched for a certain paper deep in the pile. His hand shook weakly as he grabbed the paper that he was looking for. It was another page from the article that Lexi's aunt had had. He held it away from them as he grabbed a new paper.

"T-there's no mention of patients ever leaving... P-people just seemed to forget about certain sickly loved ones yet there was no death records. There are no records of any kind on employees. T-that's not the scariest part." He swallowed thickly, laying the two articles down. The pictures on each paper, twenty years apart, were of what looked like the same person, "T-this is Timothy Heavenbane, the directer of the Court. I-It's not his son... T-this is the same man. H-he hasn't aged. Railey triggered one of his panic attacks when he first figured it out."

'The same person? That's impossible! How could that . . . .' Sammie saw how bad Lexi was reacting to this and clicked into a more of a care taker mode.

"Okay Lexi, I need you to take a deep breath. I know that is panic worthy, but I need you to try to calm down. We well find out whats going on together, so everything well be okay. How about we talk about something esle for a bit, how does that sound?" Sammie spoke softly and kindly to the boy. Finding out whats going on is important, it was just as important to worry about everyone's health.

Last edited:
"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm just so worried." Lexi took his glasses off and laid them on the table. He rubbed his eyes before resting his hands over his face. Railey would kill him if he found out about telling them this next part. His eyes moistened slightly as he looked up over his eyes, "I don't like the idea of going to the court. I don't care what's going on there." He sighed tiredly and reached for his mug. He drew it close and stared into the dark, steaming tea that sat inside.

"Please, do not let Railey know that I'm telling you all this. But, since we'll be going to the Court together, I-I need your help." He gritted his teeth and took a drink of the warm liquid, "Railey has a severe heart condition and stress is very bad for him. All this business with learning more and more about the Court is making him sick. I can't stop him from going and his frazzled state is disturbing me. Learning this little bit about Heavenbane was the straw that broke the camel's back. The Court is bad news, this is all a very bad idea."

jason spent most of his time merely listening to the two talking. The part of the owner being the original who had not aged at all is pretty disturbing, but just because it looks the same cant exactly explain it as a fact. They could just look a lot alike... a LOT alike.

Lexi went on to explain about how he didnt even want to go, as well as Raileys heart condition. Being a physical education major, he began to think of all stress related heart conditions that could do this. It could range from a simple heart murmur to something as deadly as ahrithmia. But without knowing it exactly, he decided to stay quiet about it.

"What is it that makes him want to do this so badly? And if he has this... condition... doesnt he know he could hurt himself really badly if he continues to stress... or worse?"

'This changes things a bit' When Jason asked why Railey would do this, Sammie looked toward him.
"It could be that he wants to live his life the way he wants to, not the way his body wants to. Lexi, do you feel that going to Nevermore could cause more harm to Railey than he can take? Because as much a want to know whats going on, his health should come first." Sammie said with a bit of concern.

Lexi groaned softly and sat back, still drinking his tea. He gently laid his hand on Railey's leg and sighed. He shrugged weakly and smiled sadly.

"I honestly think that this is a good idea. Railey has been known to actually stop breathing under certain amounts of stress. Though, it doesn't matter what I say, he'll still go. He has this strange obligation to sort out the mystery." He growled weakly and dragged his fingers through his hair. He took a deep breath and slowly got to his feet. He grabbed his mug, wanting to get more tea to calm his nerves a bit more, "I can't stop him, but I am hoping that all of you can help me calm him down a bit."

He chuckled darkly, "He's just love to go down while doing a story."

Lliira smiled serenely at Jason and Sammie, nodding respectfully at the girl's passionate response. Then things took a dark turn as Lexi explained more of his and Railey's findings. She felt her concern mount as he explained that not only did "patients" never emerge from Nevermoore Court, they were forgotten by their loved ones. As if that wasn't bad enough, it turned out that Railey was even more vulnerable than he appeared...

"I can teach him meditation and centering techniques, among other things, if he is willing to learn and practice," Lliira said softly. "May I ask each of you, what spiritual traditions you adhere to, if any?"

Status
Not open for further replies.