the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
NEVER NORMAL
TRAFIX

Alaska Hawaii​

What would you do to save your own life? The life of your child, sibling, or friend? How heinuous of a crime would you commit, if you knew it was the only thing that would save the one you love? If it was the only thing that allowed you to keep breathing— to keep living? How far would you go...

before you'd do anything, no matter how monstrous?​

Five years ago you met Macintosh. Five years ago, your life irrevocably changed.

No matter how it happened, you're caught between a rock and a hard place. Stuck in stasis between what is perceived as good and evil. Trapped in a never-ending cycle of cat and mouse, robbed and robber... kidnapped and kidnapper. For the past five years, you've been forced to study and train the powers that make you unique. Special. When you were deemed fit, at the end of 2019, you were given your first assignment. That assignment? To capture the mark— the young niece of Canada's Prime Minister —and deliver her safely back to headquarters.

And that was just the first of many, many crimes.

Now, as dawn rises on 2022, the squad you've spent the last eighteen hundred days with has been tasked with the unthinkable. A crime unrivaled by anything done previously. And yet... the recompense might just be worth it. For either way, triumph or failure, your life will once again be your own. For if you succeed, Macintosh has promised freedom, but if you fail, he's promised death.

And if there's anything you know, it's that Macintosh keeps his promises.

He always has.

And that's why Genevieve, the squad's former leader, had a bullet put through her brain for attempting an escape. She thought life away from Macintosh and the organization he works for, was safer, simpler... But that train of thought put her six feet under.

Her brave stupidity taught you all one valuable lesson: freedom cannot be obtained by escaping.

It can only be granted.

As a squad whose duty it is to kidnap fellow metas, Macintosh set in place a few guidelines as to what kind of powers he would need to perform assignments easily and efficiently. Handpicked by none other than Macintosh himself, one way or another, your characters will have metahuman powers that adhere to the eight categories he believed were most useful in this line of work.

CATEGORIES

Nullification
Espionage

Tracking
Trapping

Transportation
Coercion

Muscle
Wild Card

ROLEPLAY INFORMATION

Never Normal is a universe where superpowers exist. This allows for roleplays across a timeline spanning centuries, where players and their characters influence the shape of this alternate world. Trafix takes place in the Risen era, where super powered people known as metas are beginning to reveal themselves to the public. See this page for detailed information on superpowers and this page for a better understanding of this world's eras and arcs.

I'm looking for 4-8 players who can post at least once every 2 weeks.

Players should be comfortable with using Discord, as we'll be using it for OOC conversation as well as character relation plotting before the roleplay begins.

Comfort in writing collaborative posts is a must!

This is not a first come first serve roleplay. Nor will there be any posting orders.

I'm looking for at least 2-3 paragraphs per post, though shorter entries will of course be allowed due to the tremulous nature of roleplay.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to roleplaying with you all!​

Last edited:
i made nn and i approve this message

c: Time to think of more powers.

• According to Plan
Reactions: rissa
Interesante, I'd be more then happy to join.

I'm also tentatively interested.

• Thank You
My interest, you have.

I am also very interested, particularly after seeing the thought put into the timeline.

If there's still room I'd love in!

• Thank You

Is this still open? I'm interested as well.